Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Post subject: We have released. This topic is for post-release feedback
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:25 pm 
Site Admin

The patch is available on our "Downloads" page.

Post subject: Re: We have released. This topic is for post-release feedbac
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:51 am 

This is great news! Thank you, Wildbill and team. It's highly appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:47 pm 
Site Admin

Pete wrote:
You're welcome, Pete. Good to hear from you. Hope you're doing well!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:03 pm 

Wildbill wrote:
Pete wrote:

Thank you, Wildbill. Yeah, I'm doing well. Not the easiest of times but we try our best. Hope everything will turn to normal soon and Corona will be gone. You are OK, too? Unfortunately real life and its challenges keeps us busy and the time we spent here, communicating and discussing our beloved hobby, gets less. That's why it's so precious. It's always great to see some progress on the translations being made or even getting one of the projects released like Super Shell Monsters Story II recently.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:50 am 
Site Admin

Pete wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
Pete wrote:

Thank you, Wildbill. Yeah, I'm doing well. Not the easiest of times but we try our best. Hope everything will turn to normal soon and Corona will be gone. You are OK, too? Unfortunately real life and its challenges keeps us busy and the time we spent here, communicating and discussing our beloved hobby, gets less. That's why it's so precious. It's always great to see some progress on the translations being made or even getting one of the projects released like Super Shell Monsters Story II recently.
I can't complain. Feels good to have a little time to work on patches again. Taskforce and I were talking just the other day about how to go about trying to finish the dwindling projects on our unfinished list. Because Shinseiki Odysselya-I's story script is all in Kana, what I need next is a real translator for that one. Shinseiki Odysselya-II is all but completed. Hopefully, we'll make everything happen!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:19 pm 

Wildbill wrote:
Hopefully, we'll make everything happen!

I'm sure you will. Just take your time. This is still a hobby and you do all of this in your free time. Just enjoy creating the patches like we enjoy playing the translated games!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:04 am 
Site Admin

Congratulations on the release of this translation! It's a very nice gesture on your part that you chose to share this patch with all the fans that were eagerly awaiting it. After all, we shouldn't allow ourselves to be pressured or shut down by those moronic snowflakes over at RHDN and other such similar sites. I've had more than my fair share of run-ins with many of the fools there and elsewhere to know that their self entitled opinions and criticisms shouldn't be taken seriously. Their mere presence itself is toxic and unhelpful to not only the romhacking/translation community, but the world as a whole in general. But anyways, that's enough of that for now. I don't want to sour what should be a joyous occasion of yet another fine quality D-D release.

Hopefully, the notes that I've provided you during my beta test of this game proved to be useful. I also wanted to mention that if you still require help with beta testing, proof reading or some simple translations of remaining Japanese text, I'll be happy to help in any way that I can. I'm pretty good at strategy RPGs, so if you like, I can help beta test Power of the Hired when the time comes. Based on the footage that I've seen of this game, it looks pretty good and simple enough for me to play through it quickly. I don't know how much we'll still be able to get done as a group without a lead romhacker, but I still plan to stick around and help out until the end. Which hopefully, won't come to be for at least a long time into the future...

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:10 am 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
Congratulations on the release of this translation! It's a very nice gesture on your part that you chose to share this patch with all the fans that were eagerly awaiting it. After all, we shouldn't allow ourselves to be pressured or shut down by those moronic snowflakes over at RHDN and other such similar sites. I've had more than my fair share of run-ins with many of the fools there and elsewhere to know that their self entitled opinions and criticisms shouldn't be taken seriously. Their mere presence itself is toxic and unhelpful to not only the romhacking/translation community, but the world as a whole in general. But anyways, that's enough of that for now. I don't want to sour what should be a joyous occasion of yet another fine quality D-D release.

Hopefully, the notes that I've provided you during my beta test of this game proved to be useful. I also wanted to mention that if you still require help with beta testing, proof reading or some simple translations of remaining Japanese text, I'll be happy to help in any way that I can. I'm pretty good at strategy RPGs, so if you like, I can help beta test Power of the Hired when the time comes. Based on the footage that I've seen of this game, it looks pretty good and simple enough for me to play through it quickly. I don't know how much we'll still be able to get done as a group without a lead romhacker, but I still plan to stick around and help out until the end. Which hopefully, won't come to be for at least a long time into the future...
Well, you silver-tongued teammates convinced me! As for that toxic attempted censorship, this group is not ruled by the mayor of Portland or Seattle. We exercise this little thing called Freedom of Speech. We also pursue our hobby, and in this case we share the fruits. All there is to it.

As for your offer, a patch is headed your way in a few days. The catch is I need feedback in four weeks or less. It will have the familiar graphic issues that can’t be fixed. Appreciate everything!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:08 pm 

Congratulations on yet another release! While I haven't had much free time lately (grumble grumble real life), I have started a game and, so far, everything looks great. I look forward to continuing the game (if I see anything, I'll be sure to post about it, of course). Thanks again, and keep up the great work!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:03 pm 
Site Admin

Bwah117 wrote:
Congratulations on yet another release! While I haven't had much free time lately (grumble grumble real life), I have started a game and, so far, everything looks great. I look forward to continuing the game (if I see anything, I'll be sure to post about it, of course). Thanks again, and keep up the great work!
We appreciate all you do for us, Bwah117!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next