Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Post subject: Re: SSmS Sanctuary Help
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:30 am 
Site Admin

SylarDean wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
I seem to be suffering from mental block .. or old age .. probably both but for the life of me I can't remember how to get past the barrier in
Wind temple.. iv'e done both of the other two shell dungeon.. landon's volcano and that water temple place.. but the wind keeps knocking
me back.. grrrrrrr >.< how do i get past it?
Lordy, it's been too long since I played it, but tell me... What message are you getting now when the wind blows you back. I still haven't heard if hotfix 09 solved the recently reported text overrun!

OOOOPS! thought i reported that.. maybe i'm losing my marbles with my old age also.. nope that new hotfix 9 did not fix the garbled text when
being blown back in the tower, Just checked it.
Okay, could you send me your closest SRM to the Wind Tower?

Ok, heres my latest .SRM - save slot 2 is just outside the wind tower. just enter the tower. save slot 1 is after killing the dragon at the top of the tower, save 3 slot 3 is right at the end of the game. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4t94kyb1ndqt6 ... 9.srm?dl=0
I went straight up the tower to meet the dragon. Where do I go to get the blow back message? I never saw it before. This time either.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:07 am 

Wildbill wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
I seem to be suffering from mental block .. or old age .. probably both but for the life of me I can't remember how to get past the barrier in
Wind temple.. iv'e done both of the other two shell dungeon.. landon's volcano and that water temple place.. but the wind keeps knocking
Lordy, it's been too long since I played it, but tell me... What message are you getting now when the wind blows you back. I still haven't heard if hotfix 09 solved the recently reported text overrun!

OOOOPS! thought i reported that.. maybe i'm losing my marbles with my old age also.. nope that new hotfix 9 did not fix the garbled text when

Ok, heres my latest .SRM - save slot 2 is just outside the wind tower. just enter the tower. save slot 1 is after killing the dragon at the top of the tower, save 3 slot 3 is right at the end of the game. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4t94kyb1ndqt6 ... 9.srm?dl=0
I went straight up the tower to meet the dragon. Where do I go to get the blow back message? I never saw it before. This time either.

OMG! i duno wth happened there, i must have saved AFTER i got the heavy stone >.< luckily i have an old .SRM .. saved outside tower.. LOAD save slot 1,
and just enter tower, move up towards the stairs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rje68kmc0sqzs ... 9.srm?dl=0

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:02 pm 
Site Admin

SylarDean wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
SylarDean wrote:

OMG! i duno wth happened there, i must have saved AFTER i got the heavy stone >.< luckily i have an old .SRM .. saved outside tower.. LOAD save slot 1,

Yep, all good now. I've seen this happen for the first time.

Regarding the fact of needing the heavy stone that was hidden somewhere... Sounds like we both needed a guide of some sort to point us in the right direction! Hee-hee...!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:12 pm 

Wildbill wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
SylarDean wrote:

Regarding the fact of needing the heavy stone that was hidden somewhere... Sounds like we both needed a guide of some sort to point us in the right direction! Hee-hee...!

Yeah, there's absolutely NOTHING! in game that says you need to go underneath the tower in the water first to be able to get in that tower.. lol THAT is going to be VERY frustrating for some people.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:10 am 

That's why I mentioned the idea of a message instead of the wind sound some time ago... Problem is that there is no space!

...Maybe "Underwater"... But that's kind of far-fetched to understand...

By the way, Sylar, I kept messing with the rom, and... I found the table for skills and spells. THANK GOD for Windhex and it's "Wilcard" option, man...

I can give you exact levels of spells or skills we didn't know.

Like Hero's first skill, it is programmed to be known since the beginning (level 1) , but because you can't get skills until they are unlocked, no player would know that normally.

I'll need to make a list and write down all the hex values and all that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:53 am 

Maeson wrote:
That's why I mentioned the idea of a message instead of the wind sound some time ago... Problem is that there is no space!

...Maybe "Underwater"... But that's kind of far-fetched to understand...

By the way, Sylar, I kept messing with the rom, and... I found the table for skills and spells. THANK GOD for Windhex and it's "Wilcard" option, man...

I can give you exact levels of spells or skills we didn't know.

Like Hero's first skill, it is programmed to be known since the beginning (level 1) , but because you can't get skills until they are unlocked, no player would know that normally.

I'll need to make a list and write down all the hex values and all that.

That's cool, but i think making the skill learned levels more complicated on the guides will just confuse people, i kinda got confused then reading bout that.

Basically, i went through each character.. by using the exp code and writing each skill down on paper as i leveled up and at what level the skill was learned in game, I thought that would be the easiest way of doing it, so as far as I know.. those skills listed on the guide are in-fact correct in terms of the levels you learn them all by.. UNLESS you mean something totally different.. LOL!

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:03 am 

I mean things like Kupi, you have most of his spells learnt at lvl 38. It's obvious that he can't learn all those spells at the same level.

With the table in the code of the game I can see at what level he learns all those spells.

EDIT: Another example would be Urnie: Looking at the code of the game, it seems he actually learns one more attack, at level 67, the faq at Gamefaqs stops at 55, and the sanctuary at 61.

Last edited by Maeson on Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

SylarDean wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
SylarDean wrote:

Yeah, there's absolutely NOTHING! in game that says you need to go underneath the tower in the water first to be able to get in that tower.. lol THAT is going to be VERY frustrating for some people.
Good point and example of similar situations and internal discussions past three years.

I don't think we missed anything in the translations, but it's always possible. The biggest internal debate regarded Poyon.

Spoiler! :
We found nothing concerning the randomness of encountering/locating Poyon. Only the barmaid in My Town seemed to mention him. Fast forward: Gerb's manual translation mentions a bar and a home in My Town. We talked about having the barmaid dropping better clues, such as the western-style home or Poyon wanting a specific kind of home to settle in, and we decided both approaches would make it too easy. So, we returned to an earlier point in the game and dropped the vague clue about Poyon wanting either a just a western home or maybe a home facing the west. We made it sound confusing on purpose but hoped it would be reasonably solvable. Apparently, it was. With the original script we felt too many people would miss Poyon altogether. I did, through three whole plays!

Now we have this issue with the Wind Tower. (BTW, today I will work a section of Minerva in Chapter 3 in which the girls attack a "Tower of Wind" and take on a female "general" who serves the evil sorceress called Dynastar!) So, should we drop a clue somewhere on Guardian Island stating that seeking out the four dragons may require "a bit of looking around in the vicinity of the dragons for a special item required to gain access"?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:12 pm 

Maeson wrote:
I mean things like Kupi, you have most of his sells learnt at lvl 38. It's obvious that he can't learn all those spells at the same level.

With the table in the code of the game I can see at what level he learns all those spells.

EDIT: Another example would be Urnie: Looking at the code of the game, it seems he actually learns one more attack, at level 67, the faq at Gamefaqs stops at 55, and the sanctuary at 61.

Ah yeah that would be cool, the reason those are 38 is because for me kupi joined my team for the first time at lvl 38 so he had all those skills, when Kupi first joins you he is level specific depending on what level your main hero is, i got him he was lvl 38, others might get him and he will be higher or lower, it's random. SO! I suppose those actualy levels of his skills would be good..

As far as Urnie.. i read somewhere that no character learns skills after lvl 65.. (or was that on SSmS-2?.. can't rememeber).. i'll go check that out now.. conxidering MY game save Urine is lvl 65 .. won't take me long to get 2 levels using my leveling tips off the site.. i'll go test that now..

see you have to be careful with high lvl skills like that, sometimes they are in the game as data but are not actually used in the final product.. as is what i'm thinking has happened to some of Poyon's skills, I think they were left out of the game due to memory space.. and also I think 2 of the skills that are missing are only on the remake version of SSmS and some clever idiot got them mixed up in the versions.

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:24 pm 

Looking at the table, it is there, in fact I can say that the Hex value for that spell is 58 and it's between Venus and Vampire, and should be able to learn something at 67. unless the pointer has empty spell data, but no other character that i've been writting down have more spells than the ones we know already.

There's also... You know what? I'm going to edit the Hero so he can learn it and know what it is. Screw the rules, I have money hacking abilities.

EDIT

HOLY BLEEP IN A BLEEP SANDWICH!

It's the Death Summon.

EDIT 2:

Another curious thing:

I don't remember if there is a way to see the battle description for the dragon summons, but they have one and it's translated.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next