Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: How in the world? Anway, Lost Players, Here's a Resource...
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 12:54 am 
Site Admin

How could someone start putting all of this together so quickly?

http://snesrpggaming.weebly.com/super-shell-monster-story-sanctuary.html

Post subject: Re: How in the world? Anway, Lost Players, Here's a Resource
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:36 am 

That's awesome! I'll try to help him with Poyon Skills and alike.

I'm happy to see that this little game is getting love.

Last edited by Maeson on Fri May 22, 2015 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:47 pm 
Site Admin

Someone hasn't discovered the secret of the hot springs :D

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:58 am 

THANKS "wildbill" for posting my SSmS Sanctuary page here :) AND to answer your question in the 1st post.. Too much spare time on my hands.. LOL! but at least i'm having fun and enjoying myself whilst playing through SSmS. it's a fantastic game, so glad you guys got the translation finished.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:20 am 
Site Admin

SylarDean wrote:
THANKS "wildbill" for posting my SSmS Sanctuary page here :) AND to answer your question in the 1st post.. Too much spare time on my hands.. LOL! but at least i'm having fun and enjoying myself whilst playing through SSmS. it's a fantastic game, so glad you guys got the translation finished.
Ah, yes... This is super! We (and Maeson) will do all we can to assist you. Glad you're enjoying the game. With time on your hands, if this is fun, why not?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:56 am 

Wildbill wrote:
Ah, yes... This is super! We (and Maeson) will do all we can to assist you.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:19 pm 

Wildbill wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
Ah, yes... This is super! We (and Maeson) will do all we can to assist you. Glad you're enjoying the game. With time on your hands, if this is fun, why not?

Maeson's been great with the help getting stuff together for the Sanctuary, moved things along quicker. Once everything else is complete I will start the walkthrough guide then, that is the last thing to be done.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:03 pm 

I don't know if I can post this here (If not I'll remove it), but I always found the menu's background a little harsh to the eyes, making things a little harder to read for me... So I took the original game and looked for a bit, in hopes I could do something about it.

I managed to find the palettes for the menu, and made an few of IPS patch to change it. And it works for the original version and Dynamic Design's fantastic translation!

Two where the background is just a simple color (One with original colors, other with darker tones):

And another one with a simpler background art

And a fourth one to remove the changes of the other patches, putting back the original background.

This only affects the ingame/Save & Load/Options menu.

Here's a link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjufx7gf0mf1a ... s.rar?dl=0

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:51 pm 

WOW! those are great Maeson.. I like the normal backgrounds, though I agree they can be a little bright at times.

I think you should post those over at http://www.romhacking.net/ .. that's their thing there, patches ect.. I think MY
only issue with SSmS at the moment is.. there's a point in the game where someone talks about communists and nazis,
I was really drawn into this game and it's world.. as SOON as I read that bit.. it broke the whole lot for me and reality
sank in.. that it's just a game.. :( In MY opinion that bit really spoils the games story and should be changed to something
that fits into the game to keep the player kept within its world.. like change Nazi to Zenim as he seems like a "super power"
within the games world. Communists i have NO IDEA what that could be changed too but either way.. something else would
be better than bringing real world stuff into this game's world.

I know the game don't take itself too seriously, jokes.. etc.. but it's NOT really noticeable within the story until THAT point of
the game, which is a shame.. hopefully that can be changed in a future patch so that people are kept drawn in and NOT thrown
out of it, like i was, it's a shame really.

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:40 pm 

I like the normal background too, it's a very nice piece of ingame art, but if it makes harder for me to read I rather have a plain color. It happens with other RPG's where the background are this really harsh "textures" of wood or rock or whatever... Maybe it's just me.

About your other comment, I like the writing in this translation, and it made me smile with the ton of references it makes...

Is a fantastic work.

...But I must confess I feel the same about the nazi moment. Even if nazis have been a staple of humor since at least The Producers in 1968 (Hell, Springtime for Hitler is one of my favourite "over the top" things ever), I find it a little out of place, and somewhat of a mood changer for me, finding a reference to "awful things" in a cartoony fantasy world that was supposed to be a little more innocent (although it pulls a few "earthbound-like" moments too, where they drop something more serious from time to time).

It's just a big contrast with other serious moments like the fights with Dogler or Zenim where bad things are happening to people, the game still throws silly bits. The Jeffersons comment made me laugh comming from a bad guy (Don't underestimate the power of cheese!), and I swear Great Gnome makes a "Gotta Go Fast" parody while he's sick.

On the other hand, I think we should respect their choice of words too, because after all, it's their translation and they have the last word.