Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 30  Next
Post subject: Re: Provide Feedback, and Report Needed Bug-fixes Here...
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:15 am 
Site Admin

Ryan914 wrote:
There is an issue with a certain part; namely when you have to input the password for the gate.

Spoiler! :

Is it supposed to be in a specific manner or is how I did it right?
Uh, oh..., Ryan... Did you use save-states in this part of the game? Go back into the countryside, save with a "battery" SRM save, shut down the emulator, start that saved game again, return to the pedestals, and do exactly what you already did. It should work this time.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:40 am 
Site Admin

Hehe. I remember that (password not working) happening to me when I was beta testing last year. As WB has mentioned many times, do NOT (or at least try not to) use save states in this game. It can and probably will cause many glitches. I remember instances where the wrong text was being called in certain situations, and it was all because I used save states. :(

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:55 am 

The game seems charming enough to be with the highly valued RPG's, at least as far as I been playing. Visually is rather simple on the overworld, but the battle system looks classy (After all these years, I grew a little tired of the DQ battle system clonning).

I really like the concept of having a group of characters with monster-like appereances, each one with it's own abilities and spells, it adds a lot for replayability and experimentation.

About the screenshots, no, I don't use save states. The screenshot comes from a playthrough where there wasn't even one instance of save-stating, I always save at the overworld or with the "Shell save points". I don't even use the Fast Forward feature that emulators usually have.

I read the .txt before starting and saw that DD suggested to not use them. Besides, save-stating takes a lot of fun out of games normally for me (unless you're using them for testing or because the game originally can't be saved, for example), even more the first time playing something.

Anyway, I ended up getting Snesx9 1.43 and moving my save file (SRM) from where I'm playing to be used with it, as you tell me to try, and it happened again, so I made a savestate the exact moment when the enemy uses Cure All, with the "armor" still in between words, here is the link if you need it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2sbssuvah9y0u ... e.rar?dl=0

The period is not much as a problem or issue, as I said, both are very minor things that don't ruin the experience or break the game. In fact the first time I took a glance at the Cure All thing I thought I saw wrong, and I had to defend a few turns until the enemies repeated the spell to be sure, if it wasn't for the animated lava background I would'n have seen it.

About Lick, I'll keep using it and see what it does. I understand about not sharing things you can't, so don't worry!

I'll be making a list of the skills Poyon can learn as I play.

As a bit of trivia, looking on the internet for info about Poyon I discovered he has two spin-off games on the Game Boy, Poyon No Dungeon Room 1 and 2. The second one looks really neat for a GBC game.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 1:30 pm 
Site Admin

Maeson wrote:
The game seems charming enough to be with the highly valued RPG's, at least as far as I been playing. Visually is rather simple on the overworld, but the battle system looks classy (After all these years, I grew a little tired of the DQ battle system clonning).

I really like the concept of having a group of characters with monster-like appereances, each one with it's own abilities and spells, it adds a lot for replayability and experimentation.

About the screenshots, no, I don't use save states. The screenshot comes from a playthrough where there wasn't even one instance of save-stating, I always save at the overworld or with the "Shell save points". I don't even use the Fast Forward feature that emulators usually have.

I read the .txt before starting and saw that DD suggested to not use them. Besides, save-stating takes a lot of fun out of games normally for me (unless you're using them for testing or because the game originally can't be saved, for example), even more the first time playing something.

Anyway, I ended up getting Snesx9 1.43 and moving my save file (SRM) from where I'm playing to be used with it, as you tell me to try, and it happened again, so I made a savestate the exact moment when the enemy uses Cure All, with the "armor" still in between words, here is the link if you need it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2sbssuvah9y0u ... e.rar?dl=0

The period is not much as a problem or issue, as I said, both are very minor things that don't ruin the experience or break the game. In fact the first time I took a glance at the Cure All thing I thought I saw wrong, and I had to defend a few turns until the enemies repeated the spell to be sure, if it wasn't for the animated lava background I would'n have seen it.

About Lick, I'll keep using it and see what it does. I understand about not sharing things you can't, so don't worry!

I'll be making a list of the skills Poyon can learn as I play.

As a bit of trivia, looking on the internet for info about Poyon I discovered he has two spin-off games on the Game Boy, Poyon No Dungeon Room 1 and 2. The second one looks really neat for a GBC game.
Many thanks for sending this save-state. We can check the spell list, and Bongo` should be able to determine exactly what is happening in your game by using the debugging feature in SNEX9x V143. Sorry you had to go to the trouble of digging up a relic, but this is the system that works for Bongo` to do his magic quickly and efficiently. The more time we save fixing things, the more time we have to work on SSMS-II and other uncompleted and unreleased English patches!

I also need to check all of the strings on top of the mountain involved with the bird fight. Right now, Taskforce has the released files, so until we work out who has time to crank out these fixes, I won't bother investigating everyone's reports. Instead, I'll get cranked up with Princess Minerva again, now that I've bounced Galaxy Robo back to Draken.

As for your mention of the fourth wall, yep, as long as everyone in our group is comfortable with the nature and extent of it, my writing style will incorporate that concept as an essential technique of localization. After all, we did name our group in honor of Working Designs. The fact that you enjoyed it proves this writer found his target audience! Thus, I have achieved my objective. Those who prefer another approach have plenty of drab, humorless games with clumsy dialogue out there to select, or they can always take up this hobby and translate this game in whatever style pleases them. In sum, that's the beauty of the free world, isn't it? Freedom of expression!

So, here is a hot tip to a short side-story but only if you want it. Go to the Fighters Guild and load up with all three women, then...
Spoiler! :
Warp to My Town and take all three women into the hot baths with you!

Finally, nothing says I can't publish excerpts of data I assembled and added to my private copy of a much-beefed-up FAQ/Walkthrough.

Spoiler! :
Poyon's spells:
Level
Name: MP: Effect: Range gained:
----- --- ------- ------ -------
Aqua Wheel....8.......Water attack.............All......n/a
Spike.........8.......All-or-nothing attack....Single...n/a
(There are probably others besides these, but these are all Arcadia found.)
(Wildbill's Poyon learned the following in varous game plays:)
Snap..........8.......Canine nip...............Single...n/a
Machinegun....8.......3X Attack................All......n/a
Aqua Wheel....8.......Whirlpool................All......n/a
Bubble Bomb...8.......Water Attack.............All......n/a
Chomp.........8.......Vicious bite.............Single...n/a
Fire Lizard...8.......Fire Attack..............All......n/a
Change........30......Party Changes Form.......All......n/a
Acid Mist.....20......Recurring Attack.........All......n/a
Magic Light...8.......Bright beam..............All......n/a
Flatulence....8.......Fartin' around...........All......n/a

Some of these learned attacks are very powerful.
They make Poyon a formidable physical fighter, rivaling Garou!

Poyon's Skills:
Name: Effect: Range: Level gained:
----- ------- ------ -------------
Random Warp........Warps party out of.....Party......32
battle

BTW, I didn't see "Lick" in here. I believe the place I saw it may have been in SSMS-II!

Edit: Ah, may have found the problem with the "Cure-all" battle message. It's written just the way I have it here, with the hyphen. It's the only place we used the hyphen in those. I suppose we have two choices. We either make the term "Cure All", or else we see if we can get the game to display a hypen in that file.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:03 pm 

Wildbill wrote:
Ryan914 wrote:
There is an issue with a certain part; namely when you have to input the password for the gate.

Spoiler! :

Is it supposed to be in a specific manner or is how I did it right?
Uh, oh..., Ryan... Did you use save-states in this part of the game? Go back into the countryside, save with a "battery" SRM save, shut down the emulator, start that saved game again, return to the pedestals, and do exactly what you already did. It should work this time.

Yeah, it worked. Turns out the rewind function of ZSNES may act like savestates. I do use Fast Forward as some parts are a tad grindy.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:01 pm 
Site Admin

Ryan914 wrote:
Yeah, it worked. Turns out the rewind function of ZSNES may act like savestates. I do use Fast Forward as some parts are a tad grindy.

Interesting...! Maybe that's what was causing me to have problems as well. When I test games, I'm constantly using the FastForward feature to make things go quick.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:07 pm 

Quote:
Many thanks for sending this save-state. We can check the spell list, and Bongo` should be able to determine exactly what is happening in your game by using the debugging feature in SNEX9x V143. Sorry you had to go to the trouble of digging up a relic, but this is the system that works for Bongo` to do his magic quickly and efficiently. The more time we save fixing things, the more time we have to work on SSMS-II and other uncompleted and unreleased English patches!

I also need to check all of the strings on top of the mountain involved with the bird fight. Right now, Taskforce has the released files, so until we work out who has time to crank out these fixes, I won't bother investigating everyone's reports. Instead, I'll get cranked up with Princess Minerva again, now that I've bounced Galaxy Robo back to Draken.

As for your mention of the fourth wall, yep, as long as everyone in our group is comfortable with the nature and extent of it, my writing style will incorporate that concept as an essential technique of localization. After all, we did name our group in honor of Working Designs. The fact that you enjoyed it proves this writer found his target audience! Thus, I have achieved my objective. Those who prefer another approach have plenty of drab, humorless games with clumsy dialogue out there to select, or they can always take up this hobby and translate this game in whatever style pleases them. In sum, that's the beauty of the free world, isn't it? Freedom of expression!

So, here is a hot tip to a short side-story but only if you want it. Go to the Fighters Guild and load up with all three women, then...
Spoiler! :

Finally, nothing says I can't publish excerpts of data I assembled and added to my private copy of a much-beefed-up FAQ/Walkthrough.

Spoiler! :
Poyon's spells:
Level

Poyon's Skills:
battle

BTW, I didn't see "Lick" in here. I believe the place I saw it may have been in SSMS-II!

Edit: Ah, may have found the problem with the "Cure-all" battle message. It's written just the way I have it here, with the hyphen. It's the only place we used the hyphen in those. I suppose we have two choices. We either make the term "Cure All", or else we see if we can get the game to display a hypen in that file.

Awesome, it wasn't much of a problem doing the savestate, and I'm happy to help! I saw the Flap Flap skill from Stormbird has the same issue, I made a screenshot that i'll add when I get home, and another small thing about Poyon's Skill Random Warp, it's definition is "Defense Up" , which should be about escaping battle and teleportint to the last town you've visited.

About the fourth wall thing, i've always found it fun when done right, and Working Designs was AMAZING doing it. I still laugh at games like Popful Mail, everything is gold in that game for the Sega CD. It made me reset and see what the other conversations with the other characters were. That's good work if you feel like doing it and that's just mentioning one game.

It was really awesome to see people so ahead of their time.

I'll do that event you mention, what could possibly go wrong?

About Poyon Skills that's quite a bit of info! He learns a lot of them...

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:39 pm 
Site Admin

Maeson wrote:
Quote:

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :
Poyon's spells:
Level

Poyon's Skills:
battle

Awesome, it wasn't much of a problem doing the savestate, and I'm happy to help! I saw the Flap Flap skill from Stormbird has the same issue, I made a screenshot that i'll add when I get home, and another small thing about Poyon's Skill Random Warp, it's definition is "Defense Up" , which should be about escaping battle and teleportint to the last town you've visited.

About the fourth wall thing, i've always found it fun when done right, and Working Designs was AMAZING doing it. I still laugh at games like Popful Mail, everything is gold in that game for the Sega CD. It made me reset and see what the other conversations with the other characters were. That's good work if you feel like doing it and that's just mentioning one game.

It was really awesome to see people so ahead of their time.

I'll do that event you mention, what could possibly go wrong?

About Poyon Skills that's quite a bit of info! He learns a lot of them...
Heh, I missed it this morning but practically confirmed it now. It's written "Flap-flap", so I'd say the battle messages definitely hate hyphens. I did a global search this time, and these are the only two with hyphens. Yup, you found both of 'em already, so no need for a graphic.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks guys, dashes should be a simple fix I can take care of easy without bugging Bongo` or slowing Wildbill, I caught the ; we had an issue with before release, just missed that. I'll hold onto that until a few issues pile up and we can release an update.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:08 pm 
Site Admin

Maeson wrote:
About reporting things, I have two minor things:

The other is this:
I believe I may have found the instance of the out-of-place period...

It's in Block 000, maybe String 124, among the others that pertain to the "Hospital".

We should try moving the period in front of [newl] instead of after it. ([mem_06][newl].[end])

; String: 121
; <new>「いらっしゃい 魔法医院です<end>
[clrs]Welcome to the magic[newl]
hospital.[end]

; String: 122
; <new>「どうしましたか?<end>
[clrs]How may I help you?[end]

; String: 123
; <new>「どなたを 治療しますか?<end>
[clrs]Who shall I cure?[end]

; String: 124
; <new>「<var1>さんは <var2>びょうです<end>
[clrs][mem_05] is [mem_06][newl].[end]

; String: 125
; <new>「治療には<var3>Pかかりますが
;  よろしいですか?
; <end>
[clrs]It will cost [mem_07] Pearls to[newl]
cure. Is this all right?[end]

; String: 126
; <new>「びょうきの人は いないようですね<end>
[clrs]You don't seem to have[newl]
anyone who is sick.[end]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 30  Next