Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 30  Next
Post subject: Re: Provide Feedback, and Report Needed Bug-fixes Here...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:27 am 
Site Admin

Here is a new hotfix: http://www.dynamic-designs.us/shellmonsterstory/Super_Shell_Monsters_Story_V1.00_hotfix_09.ips

This incorporates all reported issues to date, including the scenes in the following graphics (among others) with the exception of bugs listed below the graphics. Thanks to everyone who reported these!

Image Image
Image Image

Note: I am trying elemental weaknesses as 4 letter abbreviations. (No word from Bongo` as to whether icons are feasible) If anyone has a save and can test a monster with the maximum number of weaknesses, that would be helpful.

Not fixed:

1. Cure-all rename. I need to find out what that monster with the venus flytrap-look is called (in ice cave on Kyra's island) and research it's special attack at a Japanese website.

2. The medicine shop "ghost letters" bug. Still need Bongo` to check this one.

3. The changing-equipment-in-battle issue. Some had a problem with this; others didn't. Need further investigation.

4. Maeson's rework of battle messages.

Once we resolve these four and fix anything else that comes up, we'll issue a revision with Gerb's translation of the manual added as a special bonus feature!

Also, Maeson, if you have your "colors hack" assembled into a RAR-file with a readme, we can include that as a special added feature also.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:22 am 

Nice!

I tried to make the save state wih an enemy that has a lot of weaknesses, but for some reason Magic Eye doesn't show the text in your screenshot, and the elements have all their letters... In fact, I can't see any of the changes made in the screenshots.

Am I doing something wrong?

The menu color hack, in a Rar with a readme and screenshots was made weeks ago, and posted in another thread, asking for ideas or request of colors, here is a link to it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x22koe9wdguvc ... s.rar?dl=0

If any of you feel the need to change something please tell me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:44 am 

Wind Tower text issue has appeared again >.> here's a pic and a link to my save file just outside the tower so you can test it yourself, save slot 1. OH!
and the game version i am using has the hotfix 9 patched also.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u6v4r0os9gc4i ... p.zip?dl=0

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :
Wildbill wrote:
Here is a new hotfix: http://www.dynamic-designs.us/shellmonsterstory/Super_Shell_Monsters_Story_V1.00_hotfix_09.ips

This incorporates all reported issues to date, including the scenes in the following graphics (among others) with the exception of bugs listed below the graphics. Thanks to everyone who reported these!

Image Image
Image Image

Note: I am trying elemental weaknesses as 4 letter abbreviations. (No word from Bongo` as to whether icons are feasible) If anyone has a save and can test a monster with the maximum number of weaknesses, that would be helpful.

Not fixed:

1. Cure-all rename. I need to find out what that monster with the venus flytrap-look is called (in ice cave on Kyra's island) and research it's special attack at a Japanese website.

2. The medicine shop "ghost letters" bug. Still need Bongo` to check this one.

3. The changing-equipment-in-battle issue. Some had a problem with this; others didn't. Need further investigation.

4. Maeson's rework of battle messages.

Once we resolve these four and fix anything else that comes up, we'll issue a revision with Gerb's translation of the manual added as a special bonus feature!

Also, Maeson, if you have your "colors hack" assembled into a RAR-file with a readme, we can include that as a special added feature also.

Not Fixed - Number 2 .. the monster in your translation is called Crevace

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:47 pm 
Site Admin

Okay, I just modified hotfix 09 to address the Wind Tower and uploaded it to overwrite last night's hotfix 09.

The latest Wind Tower glitch was caused by my experiment to see if I could insert two lines. I can't.

So, make a brand new English ROM from the just-modded fix 09 and see if your Wind Tower "blowback" message works this time.

Regarding Magic Eye and the Weaknesses, your save-state is "saving" the old inserted material.

After you re-hotfix 09 your newest English ROM, load your save-state(s) of anything, do a battery save at the nearest point you can, shut everything down, start up a new emulator load using your recently saved SRM game, and test the applicable process(es) again (just like some did with the passwords at the pillars of the gate leading to a powerful boss).

Magic Eye is easy to recheck starting from an SRM anywhere. Getting to a specific monster with many weaknesses might not be. If you go to that extent, make a new zst to overwrite the one with the old embedded info or get rid of the old zst, or you might re-introduce the pre-hotfix 09 data all over again!

Regarding the elements, here is what they currently read:

Fire
Wate
Eart
Wind
Thun
Bact
Ligh

We could make a few even shorter and add the saved letters to others, such as:

Fire
Wat
Earth
Wind
Thun
Bac
Light

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:10 pm 
Site Admin

The attempted Cure-all fix:

To test this, if you have already re-downloaded Hotfix 09 to retest the Wind Tower and Magic Eye fixes, do so again to test the Crevace monster's battle skill. (Heh, I just re-re-uploaded it!)

If someone has time to do this, engage a Crevace monster in the ice cave on Kyra's snowy island and see if the translation I provided for this monster's skill works for whatever it actually does! If so, one long-standing issue checked off the list!

The last hotfix will be #10. It will contain at least Maeson's battle message work. I will try to get started on some of those today. This leaves:

1. The possible equipment-switching ghosts
2. The medicine mixing menu ghosts

Unless someone can think of something I've forgotten or missed.

Edit: The Crevace monster has been renamed "Crevasse" in the latest hotfix 09. This is a more accurate translation.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:33 pm 

Spoiler! :
Wildbill wrote:
The attempted Cure-all fix:

To test this, if you have already re-downloaded Hotfix 09 to retest the Wind Tower and Magic Eye fixes, do so again to test the Crevace monster's battle skill. (Heh, I just re-re-uploaded it!)

If someone has time to do this, engage a Crevace monster in the ice cave on Kyra's snowy island and see if the translation I provided for this monster's skill works for whatever it actually does! If so, one long-standing issue checked off the list!

The last hotfix will be #10. It will contain at least Maeson's battle message work. I will try to get started on some of those today. This leaves:

1. The possible equipment-switching ghosts
2. The medicine mixing menu ghosts

Unless someone can think of something I've forgotten or missed.

Edit: The Crevace monster has been renamed "Crevasse" in the latest hotfix 09. This is a more accurate translation.

THAT can be tested on my save game link just up a few posts, but patch will need to be re-added.. as my save is at the wind tower, just hop on the sub and get to kyra's place.. easy :P saves time for anyone checking this.. if NOT then I will be at that place VERY shortly, as soon as I get the wind tower part of my guide/walkthrough done.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:48 pm 

That's the thing, Wildbill; I load the game form the SRM. I always load the game from a SRM. The save states are only used when I need to send you something to report, or for quick tests.

I open the emulator, I open the game, i load through the ingame menu, and all the text is the old one. Every hot fix has been working perfectly, but this one is like it does only a few things you mention to my rom.

Image Image

I really don't understand why it's happening, I've alread tried different things and ways of patching.

For one part, it shows "Bact", and "Thund", for example, but...

That happens too.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:31 pm 

Spoiler! :
Maeson wrote:
That's the thing, Wildbill; I load the game form the SRM. I always load the game from a SRM. The save states are only used when I need to send you something to report, or for quick tests.

I open the emulator, I open the game, i load through the ingame menu, and all the text is the old one. Every hot fix has been working perfectly, but this one is like it does only a few things you mention to my rom.

Image Image

I really don't understand why it's happening, I've alread tried different things and ways of patching.

For one part, it shows "Bact", and "Thund", for example, but...

That happens too.

Maybe your ROM has become corrupt in some way because of all the hotfix patching and it's not allowing for newer hotfixes to apply to it maybe?
My suggestion.. try getting a new ROM of Daikaijuu Monogatari and just patch ONLY the new version of hotfix 9 .. only thing with that is if it works
that way then you know it's your .srm or savestate files have become corrupt, tho I have a sneaky suspicion that it's your actual .SRM file of the
game that has become corrupt some how.

Another way .SRM and savestate files can become corrupt is if you use hacking programmes to alter them in any way.. but you probably have not
done that to any of them any hows, it was just a thought.. lol. I hope you figure this out maeson. :(

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:41 pm 
Site Admin

Each hotfix includes all of the original files except for changes introduced by all of the previous hotfixes. The latest hotfix contains only changes incorporated since the hotfix immediately preceding it.

In other words, hotfix 09 has exactly what my master files read this very moment, except I play from those files directly, not from a fresh Japanese ROM that has been modified by my latest hotfix IPS.

Stated yet another way, hotfix 09 is the same IPS we would release in a revision if we chose to have nine revisions at this point instead of nine hotfixes.

What I will now do for a short time only is provide you all with my up-to-date SMC. What I suggest you do is create a separate "SSMS Test" folder and put my SMC in it. Then, bring over only your advanced level battery saves (SRMs) to that test folder. Load one of your SRMs that is modified to share the same prefix name as my SMC (or rename everything to whatever you want to call it) and travel to the places you want to test.

If you still see discrepancies, let me know. First, I will re-check my saved files. If those read correctly, I will then try to test my changes again with my own saves.

Don't panic. One way or another, we'll all get on the same page eventually. This happened to us a lot in Feda, in which we had duplicate strings in different blocks that got triggered randomly through processes we never sorted out. I just searched on identical Japanese in different blocks and standardized the English insertions. We like to have never straightened Feda out, but we did, finally!

I don't believe this is the problem in SSMS, however. If several of you could test my SRM with your saves and compare results, that might be revealing.

Good luck!

http://www.dynamic-designs.us/shellmonsterstory/DKM.smc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:58 pm 

With that file I can see the changes now. With the same SRM that I used with the other tries.

I seriously can't understand how that happened. I tried applying the hot fix 9 over a rom with the hot fix 8. I tried with a clean, non translated rom. I tried with a 1.00 non hot fix translated rom...

And all of them showed the same text befor and after applying the hotfix 9. I installed every other hot fix without problems...

The killer part is that I made an IPS file from your .smc file, just so I could understand what was happening, and it works with all the other roms I made before. Between the ips created from your smc file and the one you have linked before there is just 1 byte of difference.

I am sorry for referencing a meme, but my mind is full of @#$% right now.

I made a rar with the Hot fix 9 you provided before and the one I created from your SMC file if you need to compare them:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bc1myn1zp6q42 ... 9.rar?dl=0

I'll delete it if you don't have any use for it. Otherwise, Thank you, Wildbill.

Anyway, here is a 1.43 Snes9x savestate from an enemy with all the weaknesses I remember. with the new hot fix working:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2czqpulglow2x ... s.rar?dl=0

The text still goes out of the box, sadly. Not by much, though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 30  Next