Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next
Post subject: Re: Provide Feedback, and Report Needed Bug-fixes Here...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:24 am 

Swordmaster wrote:
While it is not a big deal, I was wondering if you guys were aware of this....

This is what it looks like if you try to change equipment during battle.

Also, I was wondering if anyone ever found Poyon's spells other than the 14 already known. This game causes so many questions that nobody seems to know the answers to. For instance, Kupi has a spell called Jewel that only works on certain foes (Pug Rangers and Large Goopers are all that I've found) and causes them to become an item called "Jewel". The description says it's valuable, iirc, but only sells for 500 Pearls (I think). You can use them on your party from the menu, but not in battles. As far as I can tell, they don't do anything at all. There is also an item (Flush Seed, I think, found 2 so far) that claims to cure status ailments that, when items are sorted, appears above the World Map (where I assume event items are located). Just like most event items, trying to use it does nothing but cancels out the menu. And you can't use it in battle either. You can, however, sell them for a low amount. Things like these are so frustrating to try to figure out. I keep feeling as though I'm *almost* about to discover something, but just find dead ends. Any insights, guys?

Apparently, Poyon can learn THESE skills too - Rock Spike, Fire Breath, Sonic Boom, Lucent Ray, MP Drain, H20 Barrier, Hypnosis, and.. Slow Bubble .. BUT I
have NO idea where to find them. My thought is that maybe you need to do something in battle to make monsters use them.. kinda like how you use magic on the one monster to turn it into another monster then it uses one of Poyon's skills.. to test that theory tho.. i'd have to cast magic on EVERY monster in the game.. a long process. SO!
Spoiler! :
im nearing the flood happening
on the save im using for the sanctuary guide, before that event happens I will go back to every place and cast magic on EACH and EVERY monster in every area before I continue on to test that theory for the 1st half of the game.

I wish i had some cash, i'd buy the SSmS japanese guide off ebay and google translate parts of it, there's BOUT to be a full list of Poyon skills in that guide.
unfortunately, No Work, no cash :( so cant buy :(

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:03 am 

SylarDean wrote:
Apparently, Poyon can learn THESE skills too - Rock Spike, Fire Breath, Sonic Boom, Lucent Ray, MP Drain, H20 Barrier, Hypnosis, and.. Slow Bubble .. BUT I
have NO idea where to find them.

Spoiler! :
Rock Spike: Gun Rock (Not sure, but after you get the phone in "Blizland" which i don't remember at all and it's not in any of my scripts)

Fire Breath, Sonic Boom, Lucent Ray, MP Drain, Water Barrier, Hypnosis, and Slow Bubble are all unknown as well in Japanese circles.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:16 am 

gerb wrote:
SylarDean wrote:

Spoiler! :
Rock Spike: Gun Rock (Not sure, but after you get the phone in "Blizland" which i don't remember at all and it's not in any of my scripts)

Fire Breath, Sonic Boom, Lucent Ray, MP Drain, Water Barrier, Hypnosis, and Slow Bubble are all unknown as well in Japanese circles.

The phone in blizzaland? what do you mean "the phone"? never got that item.. ???? *opens up save game and goes raiding in blizzaland*

I read that the others COULD actually be Poyon Skills in the ios/handheld version of the game, where they just added in extras for that versions release
and people are just getting the two versions mixed up.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:40 am 
Site Admin

Swordmaster wrote:

Also, I was wondering if anyone ever found Poyon's spells other than the 14 already known. This game causes so many questions that nobody seems to know the answers to. For instance, Kupi has a spell called Jewel that only works on certain foes (Pug Rangers and Large Goopers are all that I've found) and causes them to become an item called "Jewel". The description says it's valuable, iirc, but only sells for 500 Pearls (I think). You can use them on your party from the menu, but not in battles. As far as I can tell, they don't do anything at all. There is also an item (Flush Seed, I think, found 2 so far) that claims to cure status ailments that, when items are sorted, appears above the World Map (where I assume event items are located). Just like most event items, trying to use it does nothing but cancels out the menu. And you can't use it in battle either. You can, however, sell them for a low amount. Things like these are so frustrating to try to figure out. I keep feeling as though I'm *almost* about to discover something, but just find dead ends. Any insights, guys?
No, this did not get discovered. Obviously, using this feature, the full equipment name does not fit in the space provided in the Japanese version. If fixable, this will require re-assembly.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:51 am 
Site Admin

SylarDean wrote:
gerb wrote:
SylarDean wrote:

Spoiler! :

The phone in blizzaland? what do you mean "the phone"? never got that item.. ???? *opens up save game and goes raiding in blizzaland*

I read that the others COULD actually be Poyon Skills in the ios/handheld version of the game, where they just added in extras for that versions release
We have a Gnome, and we use a comb, but I have to record of what you said.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:04 am 

Spoiler! :
Wildbill wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
gerb wrote:
SylarDean wrote:

[spoiler]Rock Spike: Gun Rock (Not sure, but after you get the phone in "Blizland" which i don't remember at all and it's not in any of my scripts)

We have a Gnome, and we use a comb, but I have to record of what you said.
[/spoiler]

*points above* HUH? it's official.. Wildbill has lost it!

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:09 pm 

Wait wait wait wait...

Swordmaster wrote:

It looks like that while changing, but if you look at your equipment without selecting a weapon/shield before, it looks fine:

Ignore the menu color, it's just one of my patches...
It doesn't have hand icons, but Left & Right, and the names show fully!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:26 am 
Site Admin

Just checking in with the post-release crew that's been so active and helpful.

Due to heavy thunderstorms and family issues that came up, I did not make it to the city last Sunday where I have my most up-to-date SSMS buiild. Right now the plan is to go during or just after the coming weekend. At that time I will bring all of the regular fixes up to date and start cranking in Maeson's battle message inputs.

In the meantime I am tooling along with Princess Minerva in the available game time I have. I will continue working PM while bringing SSMS-I up to date. I'm planning a hotfix once I do the regular fixes. When I have the battle messages updated, we're releasing an official revision. Thanks, everyone, for your hard work and help up to this point.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:36 pm 

It has been an honor, Wildbill. I will be finished with my play-through soon. I will post here at that time. I'm fairly certain this has been the most thorough translation release I have played, D-D or otherwise. It will *definitely* be, upon your final revision.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:34 pm 

It's my pleasure to help, after all, you guys do a lot of work so others can enjoy games that we wouldn't be able to play otherwise.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next