Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Post subject: Re: Provide Feedback, and Report Needed Bug-fixes Here...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:50 am 
Site Admin

Sorry if this bug report came in too late, but there's a few minor things I noticed when I first played this game that I forgot to mention:

1. Poyon has a skill named "Random Warp" which lets the party escape from battle. However, in the description, it has says that it raises defense for all.

2. On the info screen for Garou, the "Rushing Claw" skill is not displayed in yellow (for spells and skills that affect all targets).

3. Garou's skill "Twin Claw" targets only one enemy, yet it displays as all.

There was also one instance of an inn keeper somewhere asking the player "Want rest?" instead of "Want to rest?" Nothing too major. This really was a fun game to play, in a similar style to Dragon Quest. I'm sure that the second game will be just as fun as the first one was. :)

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:07 pm 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
Sorry if this bug report came in too late, but there's a few minor things I noticed when I first played this game that I forgot to mention:

1. Poyon has a skill named "Random Warp" which lets the party escape from battle. However, in the description, it has says that it raises defense for all.

2. On the info screen for Garou, the "Rushing Claw" skill is not displayed in yellow (for spells and skills that affect all targets).

3. Garou's skill "Twin Claw" targets only one enemy, yet it displays as all.

There was also one instance of an inn keeper somewhere asking the player "Want rest?" instead of "Want to rest?" Nothing too major. This really was a fun game to play, in a similar style to Dragon Quest. I'm sure that the second game will be just as fun as the first one was. :)
Until we decide on a plan going forward, I'll work from your e-mail report and what you've posted here. Until I send you the files, if that is what you choose to do, please use Mantis for reporting anything new, after I process the two aforementioned communication methods and make that major name change I addressed in one of my answering e-mails.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:20 am 
Site Admin

Are you referring to SSMS I or II? My e-mail report was about SSMS-II, this bug report here is about the first game. I've been absent for quite awhile, so I'm unsure about what this "Mantis" thing is all about. Why have we changed the old fashioned method of reporting bugs? Regardless, I have one final minor thing to report about the first game:

The Torrey Socks raise speed by 20, yet it incorrectly states that it raises it only by 5. The 10 defense part is right though.

That about does it. This was an excellent game and truly worth playing. I'll resume further testing and proof reading the script for the second one now. Though, I have to say that it seems pretty close to complete. Besides those three minor script errors that I've reported to you in the last e-mail, nothing else substantial remains to be changed or edited except maybe for the name of that boss you were considering changing and shortening that one song.

Last report: I just finished beating the game again since I first played it back when this translation was first released. There's a small text glitch/spill over during Killa's last scene during the ending when he saves that boy from a mugger. This really is a great series, I wish that it would have gotten more attention like Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy does. I think that some of Poyon's learned monster spells also need to be reworded, but it's nothing major.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:57 am 

So will there be patch 1.01 released eventually? I think I remember there were some bug reports not included yet.

Just asking. If 1.00 is the final version of your patch, I will stay with it. Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:29 am 
Site Admin

Pete wrote:
So will there be patch 1.01 released eventually? I think I remember there were some bug reports not included yet.

Just asking. If 1.00 is the final version of your patch, I will stay with it. Thank you!
We numbered betas and alphas differently. The old beta 0.99 was a reflection of the task completion percentage pre-testing. The released V0.90 Alpha is the final version for playing that we've guaranteed to finish. Yes, when you're ready, play the V0.90 on our download page.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:26 pm 

Wildbill wrote:
Pete wrote:

We numbered betas and alphas differently. The old beta 0.99 was a reflection of the task completion percentage pre-testing. The released V0.90 Alpha is the final version for playing that we've guaranteed to finish. Yes, when you're ready, play the V0.90 on our download page.

Nah, this is SSMS I that I was aksing about. Not II. 8-) I remember there were some issues discovered after v1.00 was released around three years ago and someone said there would be v1.01 eventually containing all these fixes. But that never happened. That's why I was asking because now there would be a great chance to play both games in a row, starting with the first one. So it would be super cool to play the first game in the latest version without any bugs remaining. But I don't know if a not yet published version 1.01 even exists on your internal hard drives.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:23 pm 
Site Admin

Pete wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
Pete wrote:

Nah, this is SSMS I that I was aksing about. Not II. 8-) I remember there were some issues discovered after v1.00 was released around three years ago and someone said there would be v1.01 eventually containing all these fixes. But that never happened. That's why I was asking because now there would be a great chance to play both games in a row, starting with the first one. So it would be super cool to play the first game in the latest version without any bugs remaining. But I don't know if a not yet published version 1.01 even exists on your internal hard drives.
You just jogged my memory. A VERY labor intensive and time-consuming task of inserting numerous battle statements into SSMS-I remained. These were quite obscure. For the longest time, we didn’t know how they triggered. Shoot, I’ve even forgotten now. Could be in buried notes. Well, we might fix those yet, but I can’t guarantee that. No, I don’t believe the absence of those accurate battle statements should be a showstopper for a double play, Pete!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:24 pm 

OK, thank you. Good to know! I'm really looking forward to playing both games.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:18 am 
Site Admin

As Wildbill said, yes, the current version of this translation is fully playable without any major flaws of any kind. From what I remember, there's only a few errors in the descriptions of some spells and items which I previously pointed out sometime last year in my post above. Whether or not these do eventually get fixed shouldn't stop you from playing and enjoying this game now. Especially since the translation of the second game was recently released, you can play through both of them, one after the other.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:50 am 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
As Wildbill said, yes, the current version of this translation is fully playable without any major flaws of any kind. From what I remember, there's only a few errors in the descriptions of some spells and items which I previously pointed out sometime last year in my post above. Whether or not these do eventually get fixed shouldn't stop you from playing and enjoying this game now. Especially since the translation of the second game was recently released, you can play through both of them, one after the other.
I reformatted your e-mail report into line items, printed it, and went down the list one by one, checking them off as I made the edits, so most of them are incorporated into the released patch. One menu item name change you suggested would not fit the available byte space.

I also pretty much fixed the Inez song glitch by shortening it some and removing the yellow print control code that was causing distorted dialogue box borders for the remainder of that sub-scenario. Since we couldn’t do a bunch of graphic conversions, I changed all of the Jocques back to Jodans.

That’s about it. Your “extra set of eyes” should have made everything just about perfect. Appreciate your assistance, Recca!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next