Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 30  Next
Post subject: Re: Provide Feedback, and Report Needed Bug-fixes Here...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:41 am 
Site Admin

Maeson wrote:
With that file I can see the changes now. With the same SRM that I used with the other tries.

I seriously can't understand how that happened. I tried applying the hot fix 9 over a rom with the hot fix 8. I tried with a clean, non translated rom. I tried with a 1.00 non hot fix translated rom...

And all of them showed the same text befor and after applying the hotfix 9. I installed every other hot fix without problems...

The killer part is that I made an IPS file from your .smc file, just so I could understand what was happening, and it works with all the other roms I made before. Between the ips created from your smc file and the one you have linked before there is just 1 byte of difference.

I am sorry for referencing a meme, but my mind is full of @#$% right now.

I made a rar with the Hot fix 9 you provided before and the one I created from your SMC file if you need to compare them:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bc1myn1zp6q42 ... 9.rar?dl=0

I'll delete it if you don't have any use for it. Otherwise, Thank you, Wildbill.

Anyway, here is a 1.43 Snes9x savestate from an enemy with all the weaknesses I remember. with the new hot fix working:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2czqpulglow2x ... s.rar?dl=0

The text still goes out of the box, sadly. Not by much, though.
Hee-hee... Okay. Well, I'm done with hotfixes. Taskforce will take my corrected files and make a new release package anyway with the revised official patches of the future . Just need to run down those few items and put your battle messages to work. I'll send you an SRM when I have those battle message fully loaded, in case you want to beta check them before we go out with the re-lease.

This is the sort of thing we go through with some game patches for as long as 10 years, but we're getting there!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:11 am 
Site Admin

Maeson wrote:

That happens too.
Okay, we're reduced to three letters; however, if we have a foe vulnerable to all seven elements, we're out of the box again.
Therefore, this situation is perfect for two-space icons, but I need to raise Bongo`, still, and see what he thinks. Draken said he would make or find some icons.

Thanks, Maeson! I made good use of your save-state.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:42 am 

Glad to help as always... As long as I'm able to make things work, I mean!

With three letters the elements seem to work fine!

Although the child in me finds funny that now whe have enemies weak to ears and Win, but even better, to WAT!

I like it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:01 am 
Site Admin

Definitely would look better with icons... ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:15 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Definitely would look better with icons... ;)
I guess it's a matter of having space in the font table. We have the same issue in SSMS-II. BONGO`! WHERE ARE YOU? I sent an e-mail a week ago with a bug report on the medicine shop ghosts... Anyone seen that stalwart young fellow?

Maeson, I'm convinced your issue may be the ROM your using. Try patching hotfix 9 into this one: http://www.dynamic-designs.us/shellmonsterstory/DKM%28J%29.sfc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
BONGO`! WHERE ARE YOU? I sent an e-mail a week ago with a bug report on the medicine shop ghosts... Anyone seen that stalwart young fellow?

I assume he's been pretty occupied with real life events lately... It took him about a week to get back to me on some relatively easy GalaxyRobo work a few days ago, so I'm pretty sure he's got his hands full with something else at the moment. :(

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:25 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
BONGO`! WHERE ARE YOU? I sent an e-mail a week ago with a bug report on the medicine shop ghosts... Anyone seen that stalwart young fellow?

I assume he's been pretty occupied with real life events lately... It took him about a week to get back to me on some relatively easy GalaxyRobo work a few days ago, so I'm pretty sure he's got his hands full with something else at the moment. :(
I hope he's okay... Older son Jimmy got married a month ago, and he and Ingrid are already expecting. Wah...! Gonna be a grandaddy!! (Where's my cane!?) I'll need a game with babies in it. Add realism!! Phew!! Stinky diapers... real life... Aaaaarghhh...!!! Even cat litter makes me nauseous!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:37 pm 

Wildbill wrote:
Gonna be a grandaddy!! (Where's my cane!?) I'll need a game with babies in it. Add realism!! Phew!! Stinky diapers... real life... Aaaaarghhh...!!! Even cat litter makes me nauseous!!

Congratulations! That's great news!

If you want a game with a baby... Maybe Baby Upa for the Famicom? It's about a baby that SAVES BABIES, and fights pigs and giant snakes!... And walks around levels that are cakes that you eat as you advance!... And the music is REALLY awesome!

https://youtu.be/J5n5gk3VTuo

And then he goes to space in Parodius!

God, I miss old Konami... and old Capcom... And old Squaresoft...

...I need a cane too...

I also hope Bongo' is okay.

I'll check the rom, and see if there are any differences, thanks!

Edit: If I can trust NSRT, my rom and the one you put here are the same... This is really weird! But whatever...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:17 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
Older son Jimmy got married a month ago, and he and Ingrid are already expecting. Wah...! Gonna be a grandaddy!! (Where's my cane!?) I'll need a game with babies in it. Add realism!! Phew!! Stinky diapers... real life... Aaaaarghhh...!!! Even cat litter makes me nauseous!!

Congrats to all in your family! My daughter turned 2 a few weeks ago, and I must say that it has gotten a heck of a lot easier than it was in the beginning. Still looking forward to when we send her to daycare next year so that I can get a little more downtime in my day.

I'll get you a nice little cane, and you can slowly devolve... I mean gracefully age... into one of those hunched over old men we typically see over here in East Asia. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:30 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
Older son Jimmy got married a month ago, and he and Ingrid are already expecting. Wah...! Gonna be a grandaddy!! (Where's my cane!?) I'll need a game with babies in it. Add realism!! Phew!! Stinky diapers... real life... Aaaaarghhh...!!! Even cat litter makes me nauseous!!

Congrats to all in your family! My daughter turned 2 a few weeks ago, and I must say that it has gotten a heck of a lot easier than it was in the beginning. Still looking forward to when we send her to daycare next year so that I can get a little more downtime in my day.

I'll get you a nice little cane, and you can slowly devolve... I mean gracefully age... into one of those hunched over old men we typically see over here in East Asia. ;)
Thanks!! Hee-hee...! If I get all hunched, it'll be from stooping over a million times to net big fish on the line! Hmmm... Maybe I need a net with a longer handle...

Ah, Bongo` is fine. I guess everyone internal saw his e-mail. For the world of folks who enjoy the fruits of his game coding, Bongo`'s studying diligently for a required certification in his career.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 30  Next