Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next
Post subject: Re: Provide Feedback, and Report Needed Bug-fixes Here...
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:59 am 

I'm pretty sure Retron 5 plays Super Famicom games.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:19 am 

ultpaladin wrote:
I'm pretty sure Retron 5 plays Super Famicom games.

Yes it does and they have now added a patching support. Just not sure if Super Famicom cart is on the compatibility list.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:26 am 

A friend of mine has tested playing FF5 in English using his Super Famicon in Retron 5 cart and it worked. So maybe...?

Anyways, Garou has just learned Twin Claw. The description says "Attack 1.5x all", but it only attacks one enemy. Am I misinterpreting something? :(

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:42 am 
Site Admin

ze1 wrote:
A friend of mine has tested playing FF5 in English using his Super Famicon in Retron 5 cart and it worked. So maybe...?

Anyways, Garou has just learned Twin Claw. The description says "Attack 1.5x all", but it only attacks one enemy. Am I misinterpreting something? :(
Sounds like something we may have missed and need to check and fix.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:18 am 
Site Admin

Three cheers on the release everyone! It's been about a year since I beta tested this game, and it was tons of fun. I hope everyone out there enjoys this little gem.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 3:49 am 

There are still a few dialogue bugs here and there, I think during the Gilmarda and Storm Bird battles some of the tech names have a bit of garbled text in it. I think Gilmarda's Survey and Storm Bird's Flap Flap.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:09 pm 
Site Admin

Ryan914 wrote:
There are still a few dialogue bugs here and there, I think during the Gilmarda and Storm Bird battles some of the tech names have a bit of garbled text in it. I think Gilmarda's Survey and Storm Bird's Flap Flap.
I really, really need screen shots of text overruns.

The deal is - in key battles, we may have a half dozen or more strings that potentially display, depending on the individuals or specific teams of fighters that we assembled for the fracas. Testing allowed only so many combinations without going back in time to a place where we could put together a different team and keep repeating the pattern over and over, trying to trigger different strings we had not seen in the game previously.

A screen shot, however, enables us to do a file search and zero in on the specific string that need adjusting.

Just one symbol too many on one line may blow up a screen. Also, many of these situations are caused by a player choosing a long name. the name "Bob" will always fit on a line, but if someone enters "WWWWWW" with Elder Hermit Crab at the beginning, chances are that person will see a ton of text overruns!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:01 pm 

First of all, Hi, and Congratulations for the release! I made the stupidest face of surprise when i saw the news.

The game is amazing, and the translation is awesome too, (Although as someone who doesn't have english as his first language, some of the accents are a little hard to understand without reading a second time, but that's not an issue at all mind you), I even saw two instances of fourth wall breaking for now. Fun stuff.

About reporting things, I have two minor things:

One is a random Armor icon between the words of the spell "Cure all":

The other is this:

I didn't see any issues besides those for now.

But there was another thing I wanted to ask, because I don't know if it's supposed to be like this. Poyon learnt the spell "Lick", and the description is just "Lick" again. The rest of the definitions while short at least say what they do, is Lick correct?

And, by the way, what does Lick do? I used it a couple of times, Poyon goes to the enemy, and then does an animation of victory or fail, and then nothing seems to happen. I'm kind of lost there and I can't find any info about Poyon abilities (SSMS II yeah, there is some things, but for the first game I can't find anything) or at the very least where you can get them.

I have learnt two skills, Snap (Which you can get fighting Guyanth north of Sawasa Forest), and Lick (you can get it in the Volcano near Pogew, the tongue-like enemies), just in case someone wants them.

That's all I have to say at the moment. Great job!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:36 am 

There is an issue with a certain part; namely when you have to input the password for the gate.

Spoiler! :

Is it supposed to be in a specific manner or is how I did it right?

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:09 am 
Site Admin

Maeson wrote:
First of all, Hi, and Congratulations for the release! I made the stupidest face of surprise when i saw the news.

The game is amazing, and the translation is awesome too, (Although as someone who doesn't have english as his first language, some of the accents are a little hard to understand without reading a second time, but that's not an issue at all mind you), I even saw two instances of fourth wall breaking for now. Fun stuff.

About reporting things, I have two minor things:

One is a random Armor icon between the words of the spell "Cure all":

The other is this:

I didn't see any issues besides those for now.

But there was another thing I wanted to ask, because I don't know if it's supposed to be like this. Poyon learnt the spell "Lick", and the description is just "Lick" again. The rest of the definitions while short at least say what they do, is Lick correct?

And, by the way, what does Lick do? I used it a couple of times, Poyon goes to the enemy, and then does an animation of victory or fail, and then nothing seems to happen. I'm kind of lost there and I can't find any info about Poyon abilities (SSMS II yeah, there is some things, but for the first game I can't find anything) or at the very least where you can get them.

I have learnt two skills, Snap (Which you can get fighting Guyanth north of Sawasa Forest), and Lick (you can get it in the Volcano near Pogew, the tongue-like enemies), just in case someone wants them.

That's all I have to say at the moment. Great job!
Been waiting for a player such as you to come along who sees what a game has been hidden from the Western world for so long.

I have my own tastes, of course, same as everyone else, but I put this game with Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Dragon Warrior-IV, and Final Fantasy III (U. S. - FF-VI(J)).

That said, let me respond to your report. I have seen the same glitch in the Pogew cave. I reported it to Bongo` at the time, and he looked it over, but I don't recall what he found, if anything.

Later, I went back in the cave several times and could never make it happen again. Dare I say that maybe you were using save-states? We told everyone to beware of them. If you have a save, have time, and feel like it, go back into the countryside. Do a "battery" save (SRM), shut down the game and the emulator, start again, and go back into the volcano. Try a save-state on SNES9x V143 right before you try the Cure all spell again. If the glitch happens again, send us the save-state from that specific emulator just before it occurs. If it doesn't happen again, chances are it was a save-state problem or an emulator problem.

The period (.) that extended to the next line with the "Sick" status will be hard to find, but we will. Thanks for pointing that out!

Finally, the Lick skill. The walkthrough out there doesn't give all of the information, but the author still did a fine job with it. Actually, I have written a very heavily edited walkthrough version in which I have added hundred of details, secrets, and sidequests that we discovered, but it's for internal use only, unless I had the permission of the original author. Unfortunately, I have no idea where to find that person. My best guess for the Lick skill is that it may lower the Luck attribute and make the enemy more susceptible to critical hits and so on. Just guessing here. Without knowing, I can't add much to the definition of the Lick skill. I will say that Poyon can learn some very powerful skills, and he do many more than the original walkthrough indicates, but you must use him a lot everywhere. I will add that Poyon is not so powerful in SSMS-II, but he is still a tank!

Thanks for the report, Maeson, and keep enjoying the game!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next