Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Beta testing Shell Monsters Story - Spoilers
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:31 am 

You could probably just wing it. I've played-through almost every RPG that I have been able to get my hands on since 1991 or so, and rarely were they notable for anything actually original. I would probably even venture on saying that taking over creating license may actually improve the game. Not in a Working Designs way. I mean, you did actually make good use of the word "boondoggle." Now, let's see you do the same with "defenestrate."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:27 pm 
Site Admin

Wes Falls wrote:
You could probably just wing it. I've played-through almost every RPG that I have been able to get my hands on since 1991 or so, and rarely were they notable for anything actually original. I would probably even venture on saying that taking over creating license may actually improve the game. Not in a Working Designs way. I mean, you did actually make good use of the word "boondoggle." Now, let's see you do the same with "defenestrate."
Defenestrate...?

Budledeblubledeglub! (The sound you make when you waggle your head back and forth rapidly after receiving an unexpected face full of water!)

Thanks, Wes... I needed that, hee-hee...!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:14 am 

Wildbill wrote:
Wes Falls wrote:
Defenestrate...?

Budledeblubledeglub! (The sound you make when you waggle your head back and forth rapidly after receiving an unexpected face full of water!)

Thanks, Wes... I needed that, hee-hee...!

A few years back I read a news article about a situation of domestic violence where a man had thrown his wife (and her dog) out of the second-story window of their house. I didn't want to seem insensitive, but I just had to point out in the comments that situations providing an excuse to use the word "defenestrate" are very rare, and that that one had been "wasted."

You can probably imagine the rest.