Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Beta testing Shell Monsters Story - Spoilers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:25 pm 

I saw my name mentioned in the news section for the announcement of Super Shell Monsters Story beta testing. It looks like a game I would be interested in, but I would be pretty limited in the hours I could put into it. With my current job, I would not be able to play the game at all during weekdays, at least very unlikely. On the weekends I might be able to put in 1-2 hours a day, maybe a little more occasionally. I'm not really sure that would be enough time to justify beta testing the game. Its unfortunate that the beta testing was opened in December, I had a fair amount more time then :(

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

Post subject: Re: Beta testing Shell Monsters Story
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:29 am 

I'd be all for testing the game, but I've got enough going on as it is. I would've volunteered to help test Chaos Seed if I had the time for it. I'm all for the project though, but I'll say maybe depending on the time frame you're looking to release. Cool to see my Super idea implemented into the title though. As an aside I poked around Daikai Miracle of the Zone for the SGB and figured that one out, but need to set aside some time to rip the script and get the translation going some time. I don't actually think the game has a title screen though, so I can just call it Super Shell Monsters Story.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:32 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the responses, fellows. I certainly understand time considerations and peak periods of "busy". I have been fortunate to have this window of time since late last summer to work on several games. Had 2013 not been the year it turned out to be for me, SSMS-I would have been in beta well before December. Just the way the ol' cookie crumbles.

As for "Super" instead of "Big", two thoughts cross my mind. One, can you imagine the NFL championship game being dubbed "The Big Bowl"? Second, I recall playing Mario Brothers on the NES and Super Mario Brothers on the SNES. Seemed to work, somehow.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:45 am 

Wildbill wrote:
Thanks for the responses, fellows. I certainly understand time considerations and peak periods of "busy". I have been fortunate to have this window of time since late last summer to work on several games. Had 2013 not been the year it turned out to be for me, SSMS-I would have been in beta well before December. Just the way the ol' cookie crumbles.

As for "Super" instead of "Big", two thoughts cross my mind. One, can you imagine the NFL championship game being dubbed "The Big Bowl"? Second, I recall playing Mario Brothers on the NES and Super Mario Brothers on the SNES. Seemed to work, somehow.

Cheers!

So, Shell Monsters Story II is next? ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:05 pm 

Looking forward to the translation!
For now I wanted to give you a little feedback on the otherwise awesome title Screen:
The letters look very good in style, but the O and N in "Monster" look somehow cramped... if they could be fixed, the title would be almost perfect :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:42 pm 
Site Admin

Pete wrote:
Wildbill wrote:

Cheers!

So, Shell Monsters Story II is next? ;)

Heh, Pete... Interesting proposition, isn't it? Hmmm... Wonder if Bongo has any thoughts on the subject.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:02 pm 
Site Admin

ChronoMoogle wrote:
For now I wanted to give you a little feedback on the otherwise awesome title Screen:
The letters look very good in style, but the O and N in "Monster" look somehow cramped... if they could be fixed, the title would be almost perfect :)

Mere words can't describe my"Super Happy,etc." when FlashPV delivered this graphic that worked. Thing is... I already requested that he do it twice. My bad the first time. Didn't have the layers correct. At any rate, I'm always in favor of universally accepted perfection. BTW, FlashPV designed our Burning Heroes title page. We are very proud to have him on our SSMS-I team.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:55 pm 
Site Admin

ChronoMoogle wrote:

I actually kind of like it how it is myself. First, it fits the available area, but most importantly, this is a carved stone look. Stone really isn't a perfect medium for carving in and it should have that type of look. That gives it said look. Also, the Japanese text is squashed in places and isn't perfect either. I wouldn't change a thing on it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:55 pm 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
ChronoMoogle wrote:

I actually kind of like it how it is myself. First, it fits the available area, but most importantly, this is a carved stone look. Stone really isn't a perfect medium for carving in and it should have that type of look. That gives it said look. Also, the Japanese text is squashed in places and isn't perfect either. I wouldn't change a thing on it.
FlashPV has seen this discussion. He e-mailed a bit earlier this morning and offered "to improve it a bit" if we wanted. I told him I had no issues with it personally, the way it is now, but I did ask him what he thought personally. I know that FlashPV is very meticulous about his work. He has actually drawn three different versions of this graphic already, but I haven't heard back from him yet. The way I look at these things; if an artist is pleased with his own work, then I'm pleased with the artist's work.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:55 pm 

Wow! This game looks so cool! I really enjoy the update and pics. It seems you got a few games lined up in the beta test stage. Looks like 2014 is going to be a hell of a lot of fun. Keep up the the great work like you always do. and thanks again! :D