Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Progress Report
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:05 pm 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:
KingMike wrote:
So... what is the abandoned work exactly...?
byuu said he almost/completely did the ROM hacking work, but he couldn't find anyone to translate it and so DaMarsMan took byuu's work and found a translator but ran into technical issues of his own?
And is D-D thus picking up where DaMarsMan left off?

What's up, KingMike! :) To answer your question, as far as the script goes, we used all of what DaMarsMan had and a few things I think that were missed we just translated. maybe 1 or 2% missed
in the MISC area? As for the hacking, I hacked the game from scratch so that I could get a feel
for the game. That means VWF, compression, data relocation / Expansion, etc. We didn't use the
8x8 VWF routine Byuu implemented but I did use the fixed width 8x8 font. I also used many of the
tile mods he did and some other things that I cannot recall. He wasn't too happy with me NOT using
the VWF 8x8 stuff, but I really hate dealing with that. Besides, it slowed down the 8x8 menu routines.
I re-coded a lot of the list display to speed it up by changing how Miscellaneous text was processed.

Other than that nonsense, a lot of the game's notes were used and greatly appreciated.
Saved us a crap load of time picking up where they left off. :D
Hi KM! I can add that the translater was Gerb, a magnificent fellow! He provided super notes where context was needed, and his translation was much more than than, creating a style and tone I ran with. He also put great thought into character development, coming up with an eclectic heterogeneous combination ranging from the staid and pure to totally off-the-wall nut-jobs! Interestingly, in unusual situations or matters hitting close to home, occasionally, any one of the twelve fighters might dramatically leap out of character into an almost oppose but still credible persona.

In a related matter, Gerb and I are communicating and have been collaborating in regard to SSMS-II. In a matter of mere weeks, Gerb has translated the remaining 1/3 of the script, murder-boarded the entire misc folder, and back-stopped the first two-thirds of the script. In short, we now have perfect continuity in the two games, both of which are nearly finished. I am having fits getting into that clock and time temple thing, but so many juicy items can be had only via that feature, I must plunge into it and fix everything during my next play-through. This is for my own enjoyment of the game, as well as constructing a completed work. I am very close to beating SSMS-II, in English, perhaps by New Years, if only I can manufacture a bit more hobby time.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:28 pm 

The time Ruins are a problem. It's very finicky about what times of the day you have to arrive at them (AM or PM does not matter, but must be on that hour) and the methods for entering.

However I have played DM II before and the walkthroughs allowed me to get in.

Time: 2:00
How to enter: Step on the 2 o'clock and 8 o'clock stones.

Time: 11:00
How to enter: Step on the 11 o'clock stone.

Time: 9:00
How to enter: Step on the 9 o'clock stone while facing west.

Time: 4:00
How to enter: Start at the 4-o'clock stone and step on all the stones in clockwise order, ending at the 4-o'clock stone again.

Time: 12:00
How to enter: Start at the 12-o'clock stone and step on the stones in counter-clockwise order until you reach the 3-o'clock stone. Then step on the stones in clockwise order until you reach 9 o'clock. Face south when stepping on the 9 o'clock stone.

The last 2 ruins can only be accessed after a certain point in the story.

Timekeeper's Messages in the Time Temple (Wells) will activate on the hour you choose to set it at.

Victory: Restores HP
Magic: Restores MP
Love: Restores HP and MP
Miracle: Raises dead characters
Gold: Get a random amount of Pearls

You can also leave a specific message to other players which has no effect on the gameplay whatsoever.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:43 pm 
Site Admin

Ryan914 wrote:
The time Ruins are a problem. It's very finicky about what times of the day you have to arrive at them (AM or PM does not matter, but must be on that hour) and the methods for entering.

How to enter: Start at the 4-o'clock stone and step on all the stones in clockwise order, ending at the 4-o'clock stone again.

How to enter: Start at the 12-o'clock stone and step on the stones in counter-clockwise order until you reach the 3-o'clock stone. Then step on the stones in clockwise order until you reach 9 o'clock. Face south when stepping on the 9 o'clock stone.

Timekeeper's Messages in the Time Temple (Wells) will activate on the hour you choose to set it at.

You can also leave a specific message to other players which has no effect on the gameplay whatsoever.

Hell yeah! cool! thanks for the help. I'm sure WB can use this info to complete his task
in this part of the game. And I believe we can then fix any bugs that should appear as well
from this up coming section of the game.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:51 pm 
Site Admin

Ryan914 wrote:

Thanks, Ryan. This will prove useful during my second play through. Right now, in the wells, I can't determine why I'm pulling up a string in many instances that translates to "PLG error". This is happening when I speak to one of the two people standing in the wells. One of them is likely the "message processing" agent you mentioned. If "PLG error" is simply a notification that I've arrived at an incorrect time, then I may have the message read something along that order. But if this is a glitch in the game related to our re-coded routines, or it's caused by frequently restarting from save-states during the writing process, then I still need to sort out a number of potential issues. Everything else works perfectly in the 88% of the game that is now written in English.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:01 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
Thanks, Ryan. This will prove useful during my second play through. Right now, in the wells, I can't determine why I'm pulling up a string in many instances that translates to "PLG error". This is happening when I speak to one of the two people standing in the wells. One of them is likely the "message processing" agent you mentioned. If "PLG error" is simply a notification that I've arrived at an incorrect time, then I may have the message read something along that order. But if this is a glitch in the game related to our re-coded routines, or it's caused by frequently restarting from save-states during the writing process, then I still need to sort out a number of potential issues. Everything else works perfectly in the 88% of the game that is now written in English.

This happens a lot when you start from save-states. the game time and real clock time need to stay in sync. if you load from a save-state, then you need to re-sync the two clocks. that is a game error for debugging. I think the players was suppose to see this error, but not in that form.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:48 pm 

Hi, im new in forum, and i I wonder how do I get to play this version in English.

Thanks for atention, and sorry for the poor english.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:15 pm 
Site Admin

Fuzatto wrote:
Hi, im new in forum, and i I wonder how do I get to play this version in English.

Thanks for atention, and sorry for the poor english.
We haven't released an English patch yet. When we do, sometime this year probably, someone can help you go from there.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:02 pm 

Congratulation on the first release ;) in 2015 :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 6:40 am 
Site Admin

Thanks! And it will be the first of many, I can promise you that!