Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Help with patching
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:30 am 

First, thank you SO much for all of these translations! I am just getting into the world of translations and am very much looking forward to playing the games you have worked on.

With that being said, I'm having a little issue patching Super Shell Monsters Story. The readme.doc file that is included in the download is a little confusing. It references a rom that has a CRC of E74458E5 and a size of 32 Mb. One, that seems to be a rom that's very hard to find, I can't seem to locate that anywhere! Two, all of the roms that I've tracked down have a size of 24 Mb, and not 32 Mb.

I still applied the IPS patch to my No-Intro rom. It appears everything is working okay, however I have not spent much time playing it, so I'm not 100%

Last and final note, I found an IPS patch for hotfix 09 here on the forums, thank you for that! However, it is not mentioned on the project page or anywhere in the readme. So, if I hadn't read through these forums, I would have never known about it.

Again, thank you for your hard work on these games!

Post subject: Re: Help with patching
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:14 am 

bazookaman3 wrote:
First, thank you SO much for all of these translations! I am just getting into the world of translations and am very much looking forward to playing the games you have worked on.

With that being said, I'm having a little issue patching Super Shell Monsters Story. The readme.doc file that is included in the download is a little confusing. It references a rom that has a CRC of E74458E5 and a size of 32 Mb. One, that seems to be a rom that's very hard to find, I can't seem to locate that anywhere! Two, all of the roms that I've tracked down have a size of 24 Mb, and not 32 Mb.

I still applied the IPS patch to my No-Intro rom. It appears everything is working okay, however I have not spent much time playing it, so I'm not 100%

Last and final note, I found an IPS patch for hotfix 09 here on the forums, thank you for that! However, it is not mentioned on the project page or anywhere in the readme. So, if I hadn't read through these forums, I would have never known about it.

Again, thank you for your hard work on these games!

I THINK that the info in the readme.txt file might be a little confusing for a lot of people to be fair, BUT the patch will work on most of the ROMS that you can find around the net, so not sure why it says that, maybe one of the others can answer that for you. I know from Wildbill that there's a newer patch being worked on for SSmS that will have all the hotfix patches placed in it so then people wont need to look around the forums for hotfixes themselves, i'm unsure when that patch is going to be released as of yet either, again.. maybe one of the others can help you there. I'd recommend you play through SSmS anyhows cos it's a GREAT game, defo one of those snes classics that got overlooked by translators back in the day. I DO think you should check out my Sanctuary page for the game also, there's LOADS of stuff that can help you out there with this game... http://snesrpggaming.weebly.com/super-s ... i--ii.html Happy reading!

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.