Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Rare/useful item drops
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:55 pm 

I'm trying to get together a list of enemy item drops, hopefully to discover some cool stuff. I've noticed that all enemies (aside from bosses) seem to have a chance to drop one specific item. Here are my best findings so far.

Weapons:
Spoiler! :
Kumbakar enemies, found in the last screen of the Great Cave (right before you reach the final castle), have a small chance of dropping Lucky Brand (+75 STR). As far as I've seen, these are the best weapons your mercenaries can equip (save the single Haja Sword you find).

Armor:
Spoiler! :
Zola enemies, found in the third floor of the Blue Tower, have a very small chance of dropping Trial Armor (+46 DEF). This is the best mercenary armor I've come across.

Items:
Spoiler! :
Sarpan enemies, found in the canoe lakes southeast of the White Tower, have a very small chance of dropping Dream Shard (automatic level up).

Spoiler! :
Balgo enemies, found throughout the Blue Tower (and perhaps other areas), have a good chance of dropping Mandrake (full MP restore).

Spoiler! :
Stalker enemies, found in various areas, have a good chance of dropping Mandrake (full MP restore). It seems the best place for these guys is B3 of Edda's Cave, where they come in groups of four.

Items/enemies I'm searching for:
Spoiler! :
You get one Silver Helm in the game, and I'm wondering if it's possible to get another through an enemy item drop.

I also wonder if Steel Shields and Steel Helms are as good as it gets for my mercenaries. My guess is that there is nothing else.

I haven't been able to get an item drop off of the Metal Puff enemies you can find near the Snow Cave (and perhaps further south as well). An encounter with one is rare enough, and their frequent running makes things a bit more annoying. They drop a healthy amount of gold when slain, so it's likely that they were designed not to drop anything.

Anyone else have some info or some particularly nice finds?

Post subject: Re: Rare/useful item drops
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:58 am 
Site Admin

lesterklarth wrote:
I'm trying to get together a list of enemy item drops, hopefully to discover some cool stuff. I've noticed that all enemies (aside from bosses) seem to have a chance to drop one specific item. Here are my best findings so far.

Weapons:
Spoiler! :
Kumbakar enemies, found in the last screen of the Great Cave (right before you reach the final castle), have a small chance of dropping Lucky Brand (+75 STR). As far as I've seen, these are the best weapons your mercenaries can equip (save the single Haja Sword you find).

Armor:
Spoiler! :
Zola enemies, found in the third floor of the Blue Tower, have a very small chance of dropping Trial Armor (+46 DEF). This is the best mercenary armor I've come across.

Items:
Spoiler! :
Sarpan enemies, found in the canoe lakes southeast of the White Tower, have a very small chance of dropping Dream Shard (automatic level up).

Spoiler! :
Balgo enemies, found throughout the Blue Tower (and perhaps other areas), have a good chance of dropping Mandrake (full MP restore).

Spoiler! :
Stalker enemies, found in various areas, have a good chance of dropping Mandrake (full MP restore). It seems the best place for these guys is B3 of Edda's Cave, where they come in groups of four.

Items/enemies I'm searching for:
Spoiler! :
You get one Silver Helm in the game, and I'm wondering if it's possible to get another through an enemy item drop.

I also wonder if Steel Shields and Steel Helms are as good as it gets for my mercenaries. My guess is that there is nothing else.

I haven't been able to get an item drop off of the Metal Puff enemies you can find near the Snow Cave (and perhaps further south as well). An encounter with one is rare enough, and their frequent running makes things a bit more annoying. They drop a healthy amount of gold when slain, so it's likely that they were designed not to drop anything.

Anyone else have some info or some particularly nice finds?

Hehehe... I know all about the enemies. I could have made this game nearly unbeatable, but I never thought to look for the items that could be dropped...hmmm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:14 am 

Spoiler! :
You can find a Dream Shard inside the well near Kusha's house in Noland. That odd cat that you get to rescue from time to time in various towns will give it to you if you decide to pull him out of said well.

In Bandol, go into the inn in the morning & check the row of bottles in the bar to find another dream shard.

But thanks to lesterklarth I know know which monsters to farm to get dream shards as monster drops :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:28 am 
Site Admin

These are some pretty good tips ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:42 am 

Again, those are awesome findings, Lester Klarth!
Once you believe you have most of the information in place, you might as well
append it to your existing guide.
Heck, if you continue at this pace, you'll end up having a fully bloomed guide!
Congratulations for your organization, and most of all, patience haha.