Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi RyuNoTsurugi, thank you for the invite
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:58 pm 

Now we can talk without the gamefaqs police breathing down our necks! :D

Spoiler! :
Anyway, I'm at the very end of Silva Saga II at the moment. I just entered Zolde's castle and defeated the boss at the entrance. I also defeated the 4 crystals that zoom around on the world map. They were kind of annoying but not too hard. I'm also definitely a bit overlevelled though. The hero is at 52 and Milfa, Arlaw, and Endra are each 51 Three of my mercenaries are at 31 with the fourth at 29. For Idols I'm using Yarn, Gale, Love, and Dark all in the upper 20s.

I don't really like how my Idol party came out- I feel like I kind of screwed up with that but I didn't really know what I was doing. The game has been smooth sailing for the most part though anyway. I can't recall getting game over once. Oh and thank God for the fast forward button :mrgreen: that was a lifesaver at times with some of the battles.

I will post all my thoughts on the game later after I finish it-which I'm off to do right now! Wish me luck! (I probably won't need it though!) ;)

Post subject: Re: Hi RyuNoTsurugi, thank you for the invite
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:10 pm 
Site Admin

btkirb wrote:
Now we can talk without the gamefaqs police breathing down our necks! :D

Spoiler! :
Anyway, I'm at the very end of Silva Saga II at the moment. I just entered Zolde's castle and defeated the boss at the entrance. I also defeated the 4 crystals that zoom around on the world map. They were kind of annoying but not too hard. I'm also definitely a bit overlevelled though. The hero is at 52 and Milfa, Arlaw, and Endra are each 51 Three of my mercenaries are at 31 with the fourth at 29. For Idols I'm using Yarn, Gale, Love, and Dark all in the upper 20s.

I don't really like how my Idol party came out- I feel like I kind of screwed up with that but I didn't really know what I was doing. The game has been smooth sailing for the most part though anyway. I can't recall getting game over once. Oh and thank God for the fast forward button :mrgreen: that was a lifesaver at times with some of the battles.

I will post all my thoughts on the game later after I finish it-which I'm off to do right now! Wish me luck! (I probably won't need it though!) ;)
Welcome! You will find a lot of friendly RPG "animals" here. I don't know what's wrong over there where we spoke. Either they like to manipulate data to favor certain boards and games, or else maybe they're just a bunch of spoil-sport sourpusses. Doesn't matter. They're irrelevant - just a repository of other people's hard work.

I would be very curious to hear your final thoughts on SS-II, learn if you encountered any glitches, and get a feel for how you beat the game - especially fighting party dispositions.
Spoiler! :
I did it with everyone above Level 40 and the hero at Level 51.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:51 pm 

Thanks Wildbill. I just finished the game and watched the end credits a minute ago. I need to take a little computer break right now but I will be back in a couple hours to write my full thoughts on the game.

Just out of curiosity do you know how many times the silva saga II patch has been downloaded?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:00 pm 

Welcome to the boards Btkirb.
As Wildbill said, you'll feel quite at ease here,
the only real rule-set we follow is common sense
and we don't attempt to gag people's freedom of expression
as a lot of boards tend to.

As for SS2, well I'm not certain, let's hope the number
says something along the lines of "a lot" haha.
I think SS2 may have been a highly experimental
game by Seta. It isn't meant to be as hard as
Dragon Quest nor span convoluted plots like
some Final Fantasies. Its just something to throughly
explore and enjoy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:24 pm 
Site Admin

btkirb wrote:
Thanks Wildbill. I just finished the game and watched the end credits a minute ago. I need to take a little computer break right now but I will be back in a couple hours to write my full thoughts on the game.

Just out of curiosity do you know how many times the silva saga II patch has been downloaded?
We have a counter on the home page but none on the individual downloads as far as I know. We really aren't much into numbers here. We build these patches for our own enjoyment and share 'em with those who are inclined to give 'em a try.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:08 pm 

Hi, sorry I disappeared.

Anyway, I'd like to talk about my experience with Silva Saga II a little bit.

Overall I enjoyed my playthrough. I found the game to be addictive from beginning to end. The translation work was top notch and I only noticed a couple of minor text glitches. I encountered one game freeze bug with zsnes but it was unrelated to the patch.

The game was fairly generic in a lot of ways but like I said it had me hooked. One thing I found interesting was how the party member were all just regular people for the most part and would join and leave the party steadily. It felt more realistic in a way how the hero recruited whatever capable locals were in the area for each particular quest.

The mercenary and idol systems were interesting but faulted. Since both of those parties were always fully healed after each battle it was very easy to save the main parties strength. The game would be still be easy without the mercenaries and idols and this system just made the game a cakewalk. Of course, you don't have to use them though. It might be fun doing a playthrough perhaps only using a certain party.

Another issue was the idol fusing. The game was very unclear how to go about this and since you can not undo a fusion it was possible to screw up your idol party permanently.

Also, thank God for the fast forward button on the emulators it was a lifesaver when I got impatient with the random battles sometimes.

I'm not really sure what else to talk about right now. Anyone here have anything to add?

I just saw that burning heroes was released. I just downloaded the game and patch and am excited to play it. Actually I'm going to check it out right now! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:26 pm 
Site Admin

btkirb wrote:
Hi, sorry I disappeared.

Anyway, I'd like to talk about my experience with Silva Saga II a little bit.

Overall I enjoyed my playthrough. I found the game to be addictive from beginning to end. The translation work was top notch and I only noticed a couple of minor text glitches. I encountered one game freeze bug with zsnes but it was unrelated to the patch.

The game was fairly generic in a lot of ways but like I said it had me hooked. One thing I found interesting was how the party member were all just regular people for the most part and would join and leave the party steadily. It felt more realistic in a way how the hero recruited whatever capable locals were in the area for each particular quest.

The mercenary and idol systems were interesting but faulted. Since both of those parties were always fully healed after each battle it was very easy to save the main parties strength. The game would be still be easy without the mercenaries and idols and this system just made the game a cakewalk. Of course, you don't have to use them though. It might be fun doing a playthrough perhaps only using a certain party.

Another issue was the idol fusing. The game was very unclear how to go about this and since you can not undo a fusion it was possible to screw up your idol party permanently.

Also, thank God for the fast forward button on the emulators it was a lifesaver when I got impatient with the random battles sometimes.

I'm not really sure what else to talk about right now. Anyone here have anything to add?

I just saw that burning heroes was released. I just downloaded the game and patch and am excited to play it. Actually I'm going to check it out right now! :mrgreen:
Your observations are pretty much on target with the consensus: a charming but fairly easy game that hooks you with it's story and ambiance, featuring innovations that are interesting but overly cryptic in unforgiving ways.

For me, SS-II averages out to a solid 8 of 10 while Burning Heroes may hit 10 in several rating categories. I will be curious to hear your reports on BH, both during or after your experience. BTW, that place we met you has already destroyed the whooping two posts on BH. Heh, I don't know why anyone even goes there for serious discussions regarding translations.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:45 pm 

Wildbill wrote:
BTW, that place we met you has already destroyed the whooping two posts on BH. Heh, I don't know why anyone even goes there for serious discussions regarding translations.

Hah I guess the last thread was pruned because I rubbed some salt on the wound so to speak, by
criticizing admins for pruning previous release threads for no reason.
But you know what? I'll keep supporting our players there, the'll have to ban me to get rid of me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:18 pm 
Site Admin

Red Soul wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
BTW, that place we met you has already destroyed the whooping two posts on BH. Heh, I don't know why anyone even goes there for serious discussions regarding translations.

Hah I guess the last thread was pruned because I rubbed some salt on the wound so to speak, by
criticizing admins for pruning previous release threads for no reason.
But you know what? I'll keep supporting our players there, the'll have to ban me to get rid of me.
Sic 'em, RS... Sic 'em!! Aaaaaarrrrroooooo...!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:26 pm 

Gamefaqs used to be a great site. Once it went commercial though it all went downhill. It's still really useful, there are great faqs and some cool people on the boards, but as you know the mods can get ridiculous.

I'm very eager to get into Burning Heroes- I'll post some impressions on it's board after I play some more.