Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Any advice on Idols?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:07 am 

First, I wanted to thank all the people that worked so hard on this game. I've played the game for an hour or two and plan to put in a few hours a week whenever I can fit it in my schedule.

Do the play testers have any advice on how to improve the idols? Does it matter if I combine at level 8 or is it better to wait for higher levels? Are there any specific idols that one should try to get?

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

Post subject: Re: Any advice on Idols?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:26 am 

@ultpaladin: Like you I've just started playing this game myself & it really is a fun game :D

I found this walkthrough from Ritchie:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/570945-sil ... faqs/41853

And towards the very bottom is a table of idol fusions. However I'm kind of confused myself which combinations to use seeing as a lot of the second tier idols use two of either Flame, Soil, Star & Sky. If you fuse certain idols it looks like you'll have to sacrifice attaining a final form or two seeing as you need certain combinations to reach a final fusion & looking at the table it seems the only easiest one to get is Yarn = Affection + Victory.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:36 am 
Site Admin

ultpaladin wrote:
First, I wanted to thank all the people that worked so hard on this game. I've played the game for an hour or two and plan to put in a few hours a week whenever I can fit it in my schedule.

Do the play testers have any advice on how to improve the idols? Does it matter if I combine at level 8 or is it better to wait for higher levels? Are there any specific idols that one should try to get?
Spoiler! :
1. Void is the weakest Idol. I would avoid wasting combinations on Void.

2. I would combine as soon as possible toward the strongest Idols. Much experimentation is needed here.

3. I would do the really hard side quest for one of the strongest Idols in the game by killing the four flying elementals.

4. I would make sure I never lose a battle until I'm awarded the special consecutive victory Idol.

5. I would complete the side quest for the Love Idol.

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Combine List of the Idols
Guye: Star + Soul
Star + Wind
Star + Lore
Deli: Fire + Soul
Fire + Skye
Fire + Lore
Doll: Lore + Soul
Lore + Dark
Lore + Skye
Vann: Soil + Wind
Soil + Lake
Soil + Lore
Fall: Soil + Fire
Soil + Skye
Soil + Star
Void: Others + Others
Rage: Wind + Dark
Wind + Fire
Wind + Skye
Wolf: Lake + Soul
Lake + Wind
Lake + Lore
Roda: Lake + Fire
Lake + Skye
Lake + Star
The final combine forms of the deity statues
Kali: Guye + Deli
Siva: Soil + Dark
Toto: Doll + Fall
Harn: Fall + Wolf
Janu: Rage + Roda
Yarn: Love + Feat or Deli + Fall

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:44 am 

As I recall Idol levels reset when a fusion is performed, so there's no problem fusing as early as the fusion material idols are ready unless you intend to keep either of them unfused for a long time or are waiting for a different combination.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:06 am 

Thanks for all of the advice, I hadn't realized that the walkthrough on GameFAQs had a short section on this. Definitely appreciate the advice you gave WildBill. This game kind of grows on you and the multi-party system doesn't suffer from the same problems the one in Tecmo Secret of the Stars did.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:07 pm 

@Wildbill's post: Is it possible to have four final form statues in your party? It seems the two easiest to get are Sive (or Shiva) = Soil + Dark & Yarn = Love + Feat. But getting two more seems impossible. :(

Kali would be one option by combining Rage (Wind & Skye) with Roda (Lake & Fire) but that leaves me with Guye (Star & soul). Hmm... so very perplexing :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:29 pm 
Site Admin

CRV10 wrote:
@Wildbill's post: Is it possible to have four final form statues in your party? It seems the two easiest to get are Sive (or Shiva) = Soil + Dark & Yarn = Love + Feat. But getting two more seems impossible. :(

Kali would be one option by combining Rage (Wind & Skye) with Roda (Lake & Fire) but that leaves me with Guye (Star & soul). Hmm... so very perplexing :D
Spoiler! :
I seem to recall that at least one very powerful Idol comes in final form and is not combinable. It might be the one you win after defeating all four elementals in a side quest. I think it was called Gale.

My final Idol lineup was Deli, Yarn, Gale, and Janu. That was the best I could do by combining at every new opportunity. Other paths to Idol greatness remain a mystery to me, too.

BTW, the reason my chart differs from Ritchie's is because Bongo` said we needed to limit our Idol lineup to four characters, not because of menu space limitations so much but because of an immutable routine in the dialogue code. Otherwise, some Idol names would have either jammed into other words or opened up an extra space.

I suppose I should have published my Idol chart in the readme. As I mentioned, I based it on Ritchie's work in his FAQ, which I know some players are trying to follow now. Anyway, that's why "Earth" became "Soil", etc. I altered the chart with our four-letter names, some of which deviated from both Ritchie's and Aishsha's translated Idol names in the FAQ and Silva Saga (I), respectively. My new chart "un-muddled" my random Idol experimentation and helped me keep everything straight.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:42 pm 

Wildbill wrote:
Spoiler! :
I seem to recall that at least one very powerful Idol comes in final form and is not combinable. It might be the one you win after defeating all four elementals in a side quest. I think it was called Gale.

Ohohoho! :D You sir just made me want to prioritize this quest, once I get to it :)

And thanks for the explanation regarding the idol names, you guys know best after all :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:59 am 

Can you get more than one of any of the idols or is it one and done? I'm debating if I should start combining right away or wait so I can try some of other combinations.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:30 pm 

ultpaladin wrote:
Can you get more than one of any of the idols or is it one and done? I'm debating if I should start combining right away or wait so I can try some of other combinations.

There are no idol duplicates, if memory serves, so the best policy would probably be train all the idols you
get to their minimal combinable levels and also keep separate saves for the sake of experimentation.

Edit: It has been said before, but its worth remembering - the void idol is useless, so do not waste
idols if the fusion results in that.