Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 7:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
Post subject: Re: Spot Translation Requests *SPOILERS*
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:07 am 
Site Admin

shivaindis wrote:
Greetings, Aishsha! Thanks for lending me your expertise. :) アルテナのおふだ - "Charm" it shall be.

On the matter of what to call ラトニアの関所, I have another option I've been entertaining - Latonia Checkpoint.

And here's an example of the bird critters...
Attachment:
ss2.gif
Shiva, I will send you the actual naming files tonight. These are the ones I coordinated with Aishsha earlier. We handle them differently than the Script files in our insertion system. We call them miscellaneous files or "Misc", for short. Our Misc files aren't perfect yet, so feel free to standardize between our current Misc files and the emerging Script files, taking into account what you and Aishsha are coordinating on this board.

A note of caution: The Misc files use Katakana and Hiragana only, while the Script files sometime display a Kanji ideograph for part of a compound name, using a "no" connector between the words. This is especially true of "Silver" items. Too bad the programmers didn't superimpose Furigana above the Kanji! But when I get the big SS-II guide I ordered from Japan, I'll scan and upload every single page for the team's edification.

The rest of the team thanks Shiva and Aishsha for crucial standardization work! Aishsha, question... Does the rest of the series use talking dogs, including one that runs an Inn, joins the team, and bites (chews) through obstructions such as cables or ropes?

For everyone on the team, now that Block 159 is finished, I will format and rewrite the first three towns, the Cave of Departure, and the first string in Block 160 that a player encounters as soon as he or she enters Arkasas City. Melia (or Maria) runs straight up to you and starts talking. I may also refine what is already loaded inside the Laconian Checkpoint and any direction signs in that vicinity of South Ofelia.

Once I do this (by the end of the weekend, I hope), I will send all of you the working patch so everyone will have the opportunity to play through the beginning segment of the game and see where we're heading. Red Soul will beta test and send his usual errata reports. Shiva, you are invited to advise us concerning anything that misses the mark of the translation.

Aishsha, if you have time, reviewing the start of the game would put you in a good position to advise Draken and me as to whether we've captured the spirit of the series. This would be the perfect time to ensure that we put the correct imprint on the game because the tone we set in early stages always carry through to the end.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:32 am 

No talking dogs that I remember of )
And yes, I can look through the intro, if you need it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:44 am 

Checked - it's the Latonian Barrier Station or Checkpoint, both are used, at the Latonian Road. In SS1 it's just Latonian Road. That's the place you've got another ally of yours - Bock, I think.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:49 am 
Site Admin

aishsha wrote:
Checked - it's the Latonian Barrier Station or Checkpoint, both are used, at the Latonian Road. In SS1 it's just Latonian Road. That's the place you've got another ally of yours - Bock, I think.
Yep, they do pick up a fourth "people fighter" in Latonia, this fellow happens to be a checkpoint guard, actually:

ユラト
.TEXT
Yulat
.ENDT

Aishsha, you refined him as "Yulat" (five letters long - perfect...). Ritchie and Akujin call(ed) him Yurato, so he may not be one of those recurring characters from SS-I.

As far as Latonia, this is what we refined earlier, Aishsha:

ラトニアのせきしょ
.TEXT
Latonian Road
.ENDT

"Road" is pithy, a term we used a lot for identical features in Burning Heroes. The dictionaries indicate "barrier", "checking station", and "gate". All four choices work correctly. If we use these terms interchangeably in the dialogue, as people do in real life, we're good to go. Tell me what you guys think, though. Diverse names in dialogue with a fixed choice in the menu? Or standardization throughout?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:01 am 

Yeah, I've forgotten - you're actually chasing Kyral here, so yeah, it's Yulat. You recruit him a bit earlier in SS1 (in Roland, to be precise) and then leave him at Latonian Road in exchange for Bock (he takes his place) - that's where the protagonist of the SS2 finds him.
As for the sesshou - I would leave it as a road to keep the same as in previous games and make it shorter name for the spell you'll find a bit later in the game. But while mentioning it in the dialogue text, you can actually point out there's a barrier station or a checkpoint there...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:01 pm 

aishsha wrote:
Yeah, I see. Those are "Moms" and "Mom" for singular... Have no idea why they renamed them here...

Got it. How DID "maugham" get in there...? I still like the idea of dressing this name up, but 7 characters when we could have 3 is a bit much. I advocate bumping it up to "Mohm" to increase exotic-ness/decrease confusion.

Wildbill wrote:
If we use these terms interchangeably in the dialogue, as people do in real life, we're good to go. Tell me what you guys think, though. Diverse names in dialogue with a fixed choice in the menu? Or standardization throughout?

Diversity is good. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:19 pm 

Quote:
Got it. How DID "maugham" get in there...? I still like the idea of dressing this name up, but 7 characters when we could have 3 is a bit much. I advocate bumping it up to "Mohm" to increase exotic-ness/decrease confusion.

I had no idea they changed that. But those those penguin-like birds Moms from Minelvaton Saga. It should be "Mom's Suit" in the item list then as well. The thing is that inserting "Mohm" to Minelvaton ROM will be a bit complicated - that's why I left it the same as there...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:32 am 
Site Admin

I am struggling with some battle freezes and text glitches in the Altena area (and working around them as best I can until Bongo` fixes), but I need a spot translation recheck of this string from Block 217.

This is the first treasure chest you see on floor one of the Agora Cave. The translation is technically accurate, but I'm having periodic problems with control codes - especially [text_mem]s. The displayed numbers make no sense - especially a number for the [text_mem] code that should be an item, so if people can help me figure out what's supposed to be happening when I open this chest, maybe that will point me toward a solution.

Here is the string dump, followed by a screenshot:

.OFFSET = { $00045C1F - $00045C32 }
.COUNT = $0014 // 20
; 宝箱の中に
; [text_mem]が[num_mem]個入っている!
.TEXT
In the treasure chest
[num_mem] piece per
package needs [text_mem]!
.ENDT[$00]

Otherwise work is going very well - don't want to give false impressions here, so I'll add a progress report. We're rapidly approaching a beta version one-third completed, maybe by the end of the football game tomorrow night if I can reach the Port City of Endel.

As an explanation to the "combinable" line in one of the graphics below, the hero collects various type of Idols throughout the game than can actually fight in the battles. After those idols level up a certain number of times, the hero may take them to a Magic Shop and have them "combined" into new, stronger Idols. Idols can't be equipped with armor and weapons like humanoid fighters, but they can attack in various ways including offensive magic spells. Also, Idols fight only alongside each other on Idol teams. The hired Mercenaries also stick together and fight in groups, and so does the third team with the hero and his unpaid followers. A unique feature of this game allows a player to switch between the three teams in the middle of battles and spread out the damage that way.

Here are some progress screenshots of action between Ragon Castle and the Altena area.

Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:22 pm 
Site Admin

This spot translation request is for six strings in Block 162 that we all overlooked somehow.

Block 162 is one of a series of huge blocks that incorporate "townie talk" for a number of locales, and they run in the sequential order that you visit them.

These particular strings are associated with The Temple of Prayer - a shrine dedicated to the "good" gods in this game.

Everyone in these temples are usually friendly and helpful, so I expect the translations of these strings to offer encouragement and advice and/or share experiences fighting the Zuhl.

.OFFSET = { $0003CDD8 - $0003CE05 }
.COUNT = $002E // 46
; [sfx-09]「うぬぬ… あいつめ
;  今日こそ 修業におくれたら
;  破門にしてくれる!
.TEXT
???MISSING???
.ENDT[$01]

;-----------------------;
; ;
.OFFSET = { $0003CE08 - $0003CE2B }
.COUNT = $0024 // 36
; [sfx-09]「こらあぁぁぁぁあ[keyp]
; 「起きろおーっ![keyp]
; 「おー きー ろー
.TEXT
???MISSING???
.ENDT[$01]

; ;
.OFFSET = { $0003CE2E - $0003CE86 }
.COUNT = $0059 // 89
; [sfx-09]「わたし 魔導師やめて
;  ここに弟子入りしたんです[keyp]
; 「わたしの 見るところ……[keyp]
; 「あなたは 必ずや
;  すんごく かわいい子と
;  結婚する事でしょう!!
.TEXT
???MISSING???
.ENDT[$01]

; ;
.OFFSET = { $0003CEF3 - $0003CF35 }
.COUNT = $0043 // 67
; [sfx-0B]「石碑のお告げは
;  かならず 当ります![keyp]
; 「だからこそ 祈りの神殿は
;  この辺境の地に
;  建てられたのです
.TEXT
???MISSING???
.ENDT[$01]

; ;
.OFFSET = { $0003CF38 - $0003CF85 }
.COUNT = $004E // 78
; [sfx-0B]「巫女長の ミーファ様に
;  『祈りの輪』を 捧げれば…[keyp]
; 「お告げの石碑は
;  あなたの 未来について
;  預言して下さいますよ
.TEXT
???MISSING???
.ENDT[$01]

; ;
.OFFSET = { $0003CF88 - $0003CFB7 }
.COUNT = $0030 // 48
; [sfx-0B]「クカー コー……
;  ………カイラル様 危ない!
;  コー… クコー……
.TEXT
???MISSING???
.ENDT[$01]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:58 am 
Site Admin

oops! Thought I had told Shiva about all the missing translations. Look like I may have missed one file.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next