Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Post subject: Re: Silva Saga-II(e) Production Status
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:23 pm 
Site Admin

Pfft, storm trooper. Dark Vader himself showed up. I'd be honored if I wasn't terrified. Anyone got the number for Luke and Han :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:19 pm 

I'd rather see Dark Helmet show up

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:38 pm 

Major spoilers.

Spoiler! :
I got no beef with the writing and translation. It's pretty much the norm to expect the typical happy ending for RPG's of the NES/SNES era and that's what I pretty much. What made things just a bit too much was that they just had to resurrect Kyral. The poor chap was fed to the fishes and now he's magically alive again. So I guess if anything, my beef would be with the original scenario writer(s). Anyhow loved the turning point for the story with the death of a hero and the birth of another and our hero's homecoming. For me, those were probably the high points.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:44 am 
Site Admin

Garrett wrote:
Major spoilers.

Spoiler! :
I got no beef with the writing and translation. It's pretty much the norm to expect the typical happy ending for RPG's of the NES/SNES era and that's what I pretty much. What made things just a bit too much was that they just had to resurrect Kyral. The poor chap was fed to the fishes and now he's magically alive again. So I guess if anything, my beef would be with the original scenario writer(s). Anyhow loved the turning point for the story with the death of a hero and the birth of another and our hero's homecoming. For me, those were probably the high points.

atleast you can still play games. :( I can't seem to stay with a game long enough to play it to completion. :( What games are you working on now?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:57 am 

I'm actually kinda in the same boat. My days as a casual gamer are far behind me and I've lost most of my interest. I actually spend more time hacking games than I do playing them and when I'm testing I have to change my mindset in order to stick with it. I like to think of what I do as art and I want to create art and not always be an admirer of it.

I have been able to rekindle my interest in gaming slightly here and there by trying out new genre's I never played much. The thing is I played so damn many JRPG's in my youth I kinda got tired of them. Of course I work on a lot of smaller games, so it's easy to play them, but more recently I've gotten interested in adventure/VN games. One game in particular that i find fascinating is about an alien that's killing a spaceship crew in space. Been spending a lot of time with that one.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:48 am 
Site Admin

Garrett wrote:
Major spoilers.

Spoiler! :
Heh, my post wasn't directed at you, Garrett, but I kinda worried afterwards that you might view it that way. Actually, I was venting over matters that span from the present and go back to the late 90s with Zophar's board and similar places. NDF's FF2 (that I helped work on a little bit) and it's unusual battle system come to mind. Some people criticized the heck out of FF2 instead of appreciating the patch. This still irritates me today. At any rate, I hope Burning Heroes will please you when we finally reach beta testing. Major, major spoiler follows:
Spoiler! :
I'm glad you mentioned Kyral specifically. I struggled mightily with that concept while writing the game, but here is how I finally rationalized it. Games weren't saved in this system; souls were stored in jars. The translation indicated that Zolde didn't destroy Kyral's soul, rather he stored it so that he and his minions could feed off Kyral's energy and grow even stronger, but they did dismember the body. The battle ending implied that when Zolde bit the dust, Kyral's soul was suddenly set free from the urn. The loopy part of this whole evolution is how Kyral's body managed to miraculously re-constitute itself and absorb his soul once more! The author could have been handled it like Lufia-II did, in which the little balls of light flew around for a while before poofing off into the heavens, but he didn't. This is, after all, a fantasy game, and I suppose the author took full license with that fact. So, instead of a crying fiance, we got the humorous rendezvous scene back in Arkasas Castle - that I rather enjoyed. Oh, well...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:04 am 

Garrett wrote:
One game in particular that i find fascinating is about an alien that's killing a spaceship crew in space. Been spending a lot of time with that one.

Sounds like the plot from Alien, what game is that?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:02 am 
Site Admin

Been awfully quiet in here recently... Got any news tidbits to share? 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:06 pm 

Hey guy. As you may or may not know, I have played a number of your translations, and enjoyed them a lot. This past month, I finally..FINALLY got around to playing (and beating) Dragon quest 1, 2, 3 and 5 (and I call myself an avid rpg fan, psshhh) after only ever playing 6 and 7 prior to September. They were all very enjoyable. Maybe someday I will give 4 and 8 a try. But after just beating Glory of Hercules 3 (what a great story) and Slayers (in mid Sept.) I am maybe close to being burnt out of 1st person battle systems. Seeing as I am ready for something new, and seeing as this game seems to fit the bill, I would be willing to be a beta tester if you guys need anymore testers. It is the least I could do, and maybe a small way of giving back to a group of people who have allowed me to play some really really great games!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:29 am 
Site Admin

I could probably use you on Chaos Seed in a few (several) months when it's fully ready. ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next