Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Yo, Bongo`... and WANTED: Translator to finish SS-II Script
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:57 pm 
Site Admin

Why aren't we discussing this on the Silva Saga-II board?

Thanks, TF!!

Oh, the blocks have been approximately one-third translated - some years ago - by Akujin.

Post subject: Re: Yo, Bongo`... and WANTED: Translator to finish SS-II Script
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:02 pm 
Site Admin

I also got the project page added a few minutes ago, and fixed the issues with the image tables on IE 8 on the news pages being messed up. Maybe that'll stop annoying some folks. It would really be nice if Microsoft didn't change how things work with every new version of IE. It is hard enough to make websites compatible between browsers, let alone making sure every new version of IE didn't break something because they ALWAYS do :) Microsoft wouldn't know what standardized was if it bit them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:40 pm 

Its too bad that a lot of people even nowadays use I.E in spite of much better browsers existing out there, I really wish I.E wasn't an integral part of Windows also.
I myself use Chrome and once I adopted it, never looked back (and I tried a slew of others as well).

Anyway, on topic, Silva Saga 2 looks pretty cool, I decided to give the first one a shot (aishsha translated that one) and it looks like one the better DQ clones in the Nes days, hopefully SS2 will be a blast to playtest.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:32 pm 
Site Admin

I personally prefer Firefox and the page is designed to work best in Firefox. But Chrome is still a much better choice than IE is :)

For example: The one thing firefox does that no other browser does that I've found is color the table borders properly. They're supposed to be a nice light blue but chrome makes them a dark blue as do most browser. Still at least it colors the table seperators. IE doesn't even do that. It leaves them white. Firefox is also the only browser I know of that actually supports CSS 100% properly. At least in my findings. Your results might vary :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:25 pm 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
I personally prefer Firefox and the page is designed to work best in Firefox. But Chrome is still a much better choice than IE is :)

For example: The one thing firefox does that no other browser does that I've found is color the table borders properly. They're supposed to be a nice light blue but chrome makes them a dark blue as do most browser. Still at least it colors the table seperators. IE doesn't even do that. It leaves them white. Firefox is also the only browser I know of that actually supports CSS 100% properly. At least in my findings. Your results might vary :D
Thanks for the project page, too, TF. I knew you were working on it when I saw the front and back graphics uploaded to the file.