Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: WildBill...Should I ask for translation support?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:54 am 
Site Admin

KingMike wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
I haven't heard any reports on Minerva yet. Does Eien usually submit files along or wait until she has the whole package put together? Either way works - just curious.

When I've gotten scripts from Eien before (like Nadia), I believe she sent the whole translated package, including her own editing.
The translators are indeed diamonds! And pre-editing (along with some rough formatting if time permits) really paves the way to smooth production evolutions. Filler always clarifies the ambiguities. Akujin always provided background notes, explained multiple meanings, and described what to look for in the developing story that would help clarify mysteries. Faraday frequently sketched in historical references that enabled us to adapt a proper tone and unique "voices" in the characterization. Games based on anime certainly have a gold mine of multimedia reference materials to absorb and meld into the mix. With this one, I suppose we should play the NES Silva Saga English version to get a better feel. Yeah, I guess I should go find out who translated the NES Silva Saga. Bongo` has worked on the deux so long, we fellow D-D'ers need to tun over every stone and come through for him on our parts.

Update Edit: Ah, it's Aishsha, and it' here... http://aishsha.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2009-01-01T00%3A00%3A00%2B02%3A00&updated-max=2010-01-01T00%3A00%3A00%2B02%3A00&max-results=5

Aishsha says in the readme the NES version has an interesting story but is somewhat easy to play as RPG's go.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:57 am 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
Bongo` wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
Bongo` wrote:
I was wondering if I should ask for support on YOU KNOW WHAT! :) I can post some updated pictures of wqhat has been done! Man I surprise myself some times ya know...
Yes, Partner. I suggest we announce, post, start a page and forum, and request. I already have someone in mind, unless you have the AO-I dump almost ready to give to a translator.

Nah. No AO-1 or 2 stuff yet. I need to look at it again with a new thought
process. The game can be a pain in the butt if not handled correctly. So once I'm
sure it all can be inserted correctly in a way that will work.

If the person you have in mind does not mind working on the remaining stuff, that
would be super!!!!!!

Here are some pics of current stuff...A whole lot of pics...
Okay, I'll try to get an official news story up tomorrow sometime. Do you have a complete dump you can send my way containing both translated and untranslated blocks? I really hope the old friends I have in mind are still willing. If not, we'll keep looking. You have this game so well along, I feel confident.

Also, do you have enough of an insertion system that I can put together a video demo? The more exposure, the more chances we'll have of finding translators. We have anime people visiting our YouTube channel now, but I'm not sure if they're bilingual or just fans. You never know, so I will seek translation support from there, also.

Got dumps, asm files out the rear and structure it pretty much defined.
It can be inserted as is. All that is lacking is support for more than one free block
of data for uncompressed, expanded text! I could send you the files in no time.
Ready to roll, then. I haven't been this excited about a new project since the last one.
I can bear-ly wait for the magic goodies from...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:34 pm 

I think we've already talked 'bout this on rhdn... I'll do it. BTW, I did fit the whole intro in by shrinking the font.