Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Update 1.02 released
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:17 am 
Site Admin

If you are playing Princess Minerva, please download the latest version which fixes both the intro overruns and the battle monster names. Thank you for playing.

Post subject: Re: Update 1.02 released
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:07 pm 

taskforce wrote:
If you are playing Princess Minerva, please download the latest version which fixes both the intro overruns and the battle monster names. Thank you for playing.

Cool! Thank you very much. When I downloaded the 1.01 and noticed the problems in the monster names, I went back to use the 1.00 version. I'd like to add, I had a problem when trying to sell weapons (the game froze). I wasn't sure if it was an issue with the patch itself or if it was my fault, because I used snes9x in-built cheat search function to increase the values where the gold is stored. Perhaps doing that broke the game a little, I don't know.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:25 pm 
Site Admin

akualung wrote:
taskforce wrote:

Cool! Thank you very much. When I downloaded the 1.01 and noticed the problems in the monster names, I went back to use the 1.00 version. I'd like to add, I had a problem when trying to sell weapons (the game froze). I wasn't sure if it was an issue with the patch itself or if it was my fault, because I used snes9x in-built cheat search function to increase the values where the gold is stored. Perhaps doing that broke the game a little, I don't know.
For me, Minerva seemed a bit fragile with cheats unpredictably and randomly.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:49 pm 

Wildbill wrote:
akualung wrote:
taskforce wrote:

You're right. In fact, I've tried again, this time disabling the money cheat I found (I wasn't careful and left that cheat enabled), and now I can sell items normally again, so it must have been something related to my tampering with the game.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:39 pm 
Site Admin

akualung wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
akualung wrote:
taskforce wrote:

You're right. In fact, I've tried again, this time disabling the money cheat I found (I wasn't careful and left that cheat enabled), and now I can sell items normally again, so it must have been something related to my tampering with the game.
Grab the money and run. Then, disable the cheat and the mechanics may work fine. Using a file insertion system, I kept my cheats in the working folder. Whenever I wanted to ensure disablement, I put a "rem" prefix in front of the XXX.cht file. Then, I would reset. That way, I never overlooked the autoload process.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:08 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, unfortunately, the game was never dubugged well at the Japanese company and features some pretty terrible examples of programming. There was a reason so many bugs had to remain unfixed in our patch. We tried to fix them all but due to some awful programming it just wasn't feasible. There is even a dummy treasure chest in the final castle that can't be opened even if you cheat and can get to it. Forgot that one in the readme :) I've seen some buggier games, but this one is up there. At least it doesn't lock up during a major boss battle like Ar Tonelico 2 does :) And even with the bugs, the story was so much fun, I can look past them personally. These little funny comedy style RPG's are some of my favorites.

There is a cheat to keep the money code from locking up, but it isn't published out there much.

Make sure you add 7E13BC 00 (to stop it locking up). The game tries to put a 01 where it shouldn't if you don't do that. They didn't take into account it shouldn't spill over if you max out money.