Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Princess Minerva is official unofficially!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:47 am 
Site Admin

Well here is the unofficial announcement. I'll get to the official announcement later today.

I want to take a moment here just to give props to Bongo`. It is only with his hard work and dedication that this project is even possible. I was hoping to find something easier than Albert Odyssey for us to work on while we wrestled with it and instead found something just as hard or harder. However, this didn't detour Bongo` and he stayed with it until he beat it into submission and we now are close enough to dumping this puppy to announce it as a project. Without Bongo`, this wouldn't have happened.

I think we may have to find a translator at this point as Albert Odyssey's about at the same stage too and the translator we have for that game can hopefully work on that game. (Assuming she still wants to) So, if any of you translators are interested in Princess Minerva, please give us a shout. We'd greatly appreciate it.

Post subject: Re: Princess Minerva is official unofficially!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
Well here is the unofficial announcement. I'll get to the official announcement later today.

I want to take a moment here just to give props to Bongo`. It is only with his hard work and dedication that this project is even possible. I was hoping to find something easier than Albert Odyssey for us to work on while we wrestled with it and instead found something just as hard or harder. However, this didn't detour Bongo` and he stayed with it until he beat it into submission and we now are close enough to dumping this puppy to announce it as a project. Without Bongo`, this wouldn't have happened.

I think we may have to find a translator at this point as Albert Odyssey's about at the same stage too and the translator we have for that game can hopefully work on that game. (Assuming she still wants to) So, if any of you translators are interested in Princess Minerva, please give us a shout. We'd greatly appreciate it.
This will be a good pickup. BTW, if you have time to stick up another BBS and some roughed-in project pages, we could announce Little Master-III, too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:23 am 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:

And those stinking staff pages too! :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:51 am 

Do you guys own a copy of this game? If not, I can send some scans your way.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

Garrett wrote:
Do you guys own a copy of this game? If not, I can send some scans your way.
I just checked my library, and I do have the PM cart, box, and dox. But if you have your scanner handy and set up, we would appreciate some graphics. I just checked my PM directory, and all I have in there is my Kanji work on the table file.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:07 pm 

Is it a manual scan you need? (here's a 300dpi scan, about 16MB)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6QEL3IJS

Lucky I've already done that, then. :)
It's CBZ. Either use a Comic Book ZIP program (such as Comical) to view it, or if you need to extract the images, just rename to zip.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:41 pm 
Site Admin

KingMike wrote:

It's CBZ. Either use a Comic Book ZIP program (such as Comical) to view it, or if you need to extract the images, just rename to zip.
Super, thanks, KingMike!

Looking at the manual, wow, this game looks hot!

Here's your file again, uploaded to our server and converted to the extension "zip".

http://www.dynamic-designs.us/princerss ... a_JPN_.zip

And the world map page displayed...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:55 pm 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
KingMike wrote:

Super, thanks, KingMike!

Looking at the manual, wow, this game looks hot!

Here's your file again, uploaded to our server and converted to the extension "zip".

http://www.dynamic-designs.us/princerss ... a_JPN_.zip

And the world map page displayed...

Thanks for providing the manual scans. Saves us some work. Yeah this one does look like a whole lot of fun to work on. That was why I thought we should add it to our ongoing efforts. Especially after I played with it some and saw that interesting battle system. I really can't wait until we get a translator for this and make some real progress to show off :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:05 am 

Here's a little something else. Not sure exactly what it is, but it came with my copy.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:23 am 
Site Admin

Garrett wrote:
Here's a little something else. Not sure exactly what it is, but it came with my copy.
Thanks, Garrett. It's in my PM folder now. Looks like a huge thumb on her right shoulder. BTW, I e-mailed the writer of the PM Walkthrough/FAQ to see if he was interested in translating the script dump. He has all the weapons, items, etc. listed and named.