Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
Post subject: Do you guys still need a hard copy of this?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:01 pm
Posts: 181
https://www.risingstuff.com/store/produ ... a/cPath,33 $5, plus shipping.


Image
Aeon Genesis ~ Guns guns guns! Yar ho hee har har!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Do you guys still need a hard copy of this?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:41 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:54 pm
Posts: 2110
Location: Virginia
Gideon Zhi wrote:
https://www.risingstuff.com/store/products.php/Super-Famicom-Princess-Minerva/cPath,33 $5, plus shipping.
Poof...! It's already gone, but thanks for the tip..


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Do you guys still need a hard copy of this?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:44 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:53 pm
Posts: 875
Location: South Florida
Wildbill wrote:
Gideon Zhi wrote:
https://www.risingstuff.com/store/products.php/Super-Famicom-Princess-Minerva/cPath,33 $5, plus shipping.
Poof...! It's already gone, but thanks for the tip..

Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing. It's gone already...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Do you guys still need a hard copy of this?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:11 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:54 pm
Posts: 2110
Location: Virginia
Bongo` wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
Gideon Zhi wrote:
https://www.risingstuff.com/store/products.php/Super-Famicom-Princess-Minerva/cPath,33 $5, plus shipping.
Poof...! It's already gone, but thanks for the tip..

Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing. It's gone already...
But not here... http://cgi.ebay.com/SFC-SNES-PRINCESS-M ... 53db15c377


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Do you guys still need a hard copy of this?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:24 am
Posts: 215
I think I bought mine from that seller.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Do you guys still need a hard copy of this?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:19 pm
Posts: 225
Do any of you need a copy of this? I'm selling most of my imports including all my SFC games and well it's available.

Star Ocean
Suguro Quest
Shiren the Wanderer
Taloon's Great Adventure
Princess Minerva
FEDA
Bahamut Lagoon
Cyber Knight 2
SRW EX
SD Gundam Gaiden 2
Lennus
Far East of Eden Zero


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Do you guys still need a hard copy of this?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:30 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:54 pm
Posts: 2110
Location: Virginia
Garrett wrote:
Do any of you need a copy of this? I'm selling most of my imports including all my SFC games and well it's available.

Star Ocean
Suguro Quest
Shiren the Wanderer
Taloon's Great Adventure
Princess Minerva
FEDA
Bahamut Lagoon
Cyber Knight 2
SRW EX
SD Gundam Gaiden 2
Lennus
Far East of Eden Zero
Holy cow, Garrett! I know you enjoyed putting everything together. Are you okay?

You don't have to answer this question if it's highly personal, but yes. I had considered looking for a copy of Eden if we entered into a joint project. Bongo`'s up to his elbows with his newborn som, literally, a babe-in-arms, so maybe he never saw our discussion about Eden, but this game certainly deserves completion with you in the lead, especially with a totally completed script trans in hand.

Edit: no, wait a minute. It's Arabian Nights we discussed. Heh, my brain is disconnected tonight!


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Do you guys still need a hard copy of this?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:19 pm
Posts: 225
I suppose by most standards I'm okay. Not verge on bankruptcy or defaulting on my student loans yet. I recently graduated from college with my BS and don't have a grace period to fall back on because I used it up last fall while I was off from school. The job's market's also not so hot for a recent business grad and to my knowledge the only companies that'll hire me are insurance companies and other places where you earn on commission. To me that's like working at a fast food joint and unacceptable. Oh well, I have a connection with a higher up in a local major non-for-profit organization who I'll probably hit up soon if I can't find a decent job. Things aren't looking so bleak for me, but they aren't good either. Somewhere's in the middle, but that's not the reason I'm selling my imports.

When I was younger I was very into video games and had a large collection of games. Over the past 10 years or so I've been dipping into my collection to sell my games periodically. Part of this is because these games have turned into possessions that no longer have any meaning to me and just sit in a box and are never played. I'm still keeping the ones that are worth some dough though and have even thought about importing games that I have worked on. Ironically, I don't own any games I've worked on and thinking about it I wouldn't mind owning a few.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Do you guys still need a hard copy of this?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:24 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:54 pm
Posts: 2110
Location: Virginia
Garrett wrote:
I suppose by most standards I'm okay. Not verge on bankruptcy or defaulting on my student loans yet. I recently graduated from college with my BS and don't have a grace period to fall back on because I used it up last fall while I was off from school. The job's market's also not so hot for a recent business grad and to my knowledge the only companies that'll hire me are insurance companies and other places where you earn on commission. To me that's like working at a fast food joint and unacceptable. Oh well, I have a connection with a higher up in a local major non-for-profit organization who I'll probably hit up soon if I can't find a decent job. Things aren't looking so bleak for me, but they aren't good either. Somewhere's in the middle, but that's not the reason I'm selling my imports.

When I was younger I was very into video games and had a large collection of games. Over the past 10 years or so I've been dipping into my collection to sell my games periodically. Part of this is because these games have turned into possessions that no longer have any meaning to me and just sit in a box and are never played. I'm still keeping the ones that are worth some dough though and have even thought about importing games that I have worked on. Ironically, I don't own any games I've worked on and thinking about it I wouldn't mind owning a few.
Well, best of luck with everything. My two sons are in your boat, a little bit.

Son#1 has a BA degree in Public Policy. He worked as an Alumni Coordinator at a community college until the grant money ran out. This summer, he's working at a mountain camp for at-risk youth and is hoping to land an entry level professional position at Duke, his Alma Mater, related to development and designing curricula for teaching solutions to various modern problems - while he takes the LSAT and applies to various law schools for his hoped-for fall 2012 matriculation.

Son#2 took his masters degree a few weeks ago but still hasn't landed that great orchestra seat with full benefits. He was very fortunate, however, to be accepted into a doctoral program at the Univ. of Maryland that will pay all expenses for three years, plus a $20,000 per year stipend. If he doesn't win that great orchestra seat in the next three years, maybe he can teach music at the college level somewhere. A DMA in his pocket will certainly open up new opportunities.

I was also in their and your position several years ago. I couldn't beg, borrow, or steal a post in school administration or teaching high school social studies in Oklahoma, so I went to OCS and became a naval officer. Paid a lot more, too, and I traveled everywhere and saw everything!

And my wife had hard luck, at first. She wanted to be a Massachusetts parole officer in the worst way, but state civil service was frozen the year she graduated from UMass. So, she became an assistant manager at K-Mart, decided she hated retail work, and joined a Federal agency in a clerical role. After three years, she moved into a professional position and wound up rising to senior management level.

Hang in there, Garrett, and keep looking. Get yourself on a track at any level, work hard, stick with it, and you'll land in a good place. That's what my wife and I tell the boys!


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group