Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post subject: Re: Princess Minerva is official unofficially!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:16 pm 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
So enough with the suspense already! I'm happy to say Eien ni Hen, translator to whom Slayers was dedicated, has kindly offered to help with Princess Minerva. She has proven to be a talented and hard working translator time and again, and comes with my highest recommendation. Unless anyone has an objection I'd like to welcome her to the project. I hear that she has set up a DD forum account so whomever is able to get her a copy of the script would you please send her a PM?

I'd be very appreciative of the help with Princess Minerva. I'm pretty sure I've seen some of her work and it was of outstanding quality. Sounds like this may be one HUGE endeavor though by what Bongo` has said. I hope she is up for the challenge. I look forward to us all working together. Please tell her thank you VERY much for translating this for us.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:29 pm 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:
filler wrote:
So enough with the suspense already! I'm happy to say Eien ni Hen, translator to whom Slayers was dedicated, has kindly offered to help with Princess Minerva. She has proven to be a talented and hard working translator time and again, and comes with my highest recommendation. Unless anyone has an objection I'd like to welcome her to the project. I hear that she has set up a DD forum account so whomever is able to get her a copy of the script would you please send her a PM?

Does she know that I am part of the group? We do have a short history... :cry:
Just to give Her a feel of what the game has to offer as in size. Ok, don't get scared...
I have found 422 files with about 343 holding text. These are all decompressed files.
I have yet to calculate a true BYTE count for text but once I get home I can
finish the text tool to will tell me the script size. But there are 343 files that I have
found...
How big are these script files on average, or what is their rough span in dumped kb size? Going by CS, Slayers, and BH, it's certainly a large quantity in terms of sheer numbers.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:18 am 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:

I do not know. It's probably not an issue if you're ok with it. I can't speak for her, but I'd be surprised if it was an issue. :)

Bongo` wrote:
Just to give Her a feel of what the game has to offer as in size. Ok, don't get scared...
I have found 422 files with about 343 holding text. These are all decompressed files.
I have yet to calculate a true BYTE count for text but once I get home I can
finish the text tool to will tell me the script size. But there are 343 files that I have
found...

If size becomes a problem down the road I'd be happy to tackle a portion of the script so it's not such a burden on a single person. Even knowing that someone else is working on just a small portion of a script can be a big relief sometimes.

taskforce wrote:
I'd be very appreciative of the help with Princess Minerva. I'm pretty sure I've seen some of her work and it was of outstanding quality. Sounds like this may be one HUGE endeavor though by what Bongo` has said. I hope she is up for the challenge. I look forward to us all working together. Please tell her thank you VERY much for translating this for us.

I'm very appreciative as well. She's tackling the other Slayers script too which is going to be a huge help for me while I work on WtPC2 and some other projects.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:37 am 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:
filler wrote:

That time when you lost someone who was so close to you... None of us knew why you needed to let go of everything for a while. I sensed it was something major, and whatever it was, I also knew it was more important than Lennus-II. As much as we were on a roll with Lennus-II in 2003 or 04 - and as disappointed as I felt for a while - the story had a happy ending. You and Draken got together and built a stable game, then I horned in again with my re-write mania and held up release for six more months. But when Lennus-II finally hit the streets, it was just as sweet - maybe even more so in 2008! Heh, and look at us now. No matter what may happen to any of us in the future, I somehow feel everyone will be all right!

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:53 am 
Site Admin

Oh wow, is that an Aretha II script inserter in action? That is so cool!

Now I'm going to ruin the excitement with a nitpick. :) The pink and blue look a little too "baby boy/baby girl". I wonder if they'd look better just a little more saturated?

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:22 am 

Thanks for the welcome, everybody! I look forward to working on Princess Minerva, and I hope I can live up to filler's hype. :D

I am curious to know about the byte count for the script size. 343 files sounds like a lot, but I think the byte count will be more accurate as to the actual volume of text.

Also:

Bongo` wrote:

Yes, I noticed you were part of DD some time ago. Don't worry about what happened before. It's all in the past. I'm just glad to see you back in the Romhacking scene.

Wildbill wrote:

:lol: That's awesome!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:36 am 

This is really great news, I'm sure I've probably played many games that you have put work into Eien Ni Hen and you are working with a really great group of individuals at Dynamic Designs.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:11 am 

Things sure have taken an excellent turn quickly, its great to count on your aid for this one Eien ni Hen.
With filler's addition to the team and your help to boot, I fear we may have more projects rolling out that I could possibly betatest
haha, but hey, its the kind of edge that is actually positive.
Welcome to the forums also.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:19 am 
Site Admin

Red Soul wrote:
Things sure have taken an excellent turn quickly, its great to count on your aid for this one Eien ni Hen.
With filler's addition to the team and your help to boot, I fear we may have more projects rolling out that I could possibly betatest
haha, but hey, its the kind of edge that is actually positive.
Welcome to the forums also.
You don't know the half of it RS... What if we suddenly dropped enhanced responsibilities upon you of the highest magnitude, hee-hee...!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:53 am 
Site Admin

Ok, about Byte count...
The biggest files is around 29,646 bytes and it contains 192 strings.
Now remember, each sjis charcter is two bytes per so that shinks it a bit
and also for evey string of the 192 there is this...

Code:
;--------------------;
;                    ;
;--------------------;
_String_1_:
; kana is usually here
.TEXT

.ENDT

So thos count for data in the files as well.

The smallest file I see is this...

Code:
//########################//
//                        //
//     SPECIAL BLOCK      //
//########################//

.RAM_TEXT

.GOTO _Label_2004_
.GOTO _Label_2054_

//%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%//
_Label_2004_:
    .LOADSTRING _String_1_

_Label_2054_:
    .LOADSTRING _String_2_

.STRINGS = 2
; ALL TEXT DATA IS LOCATED
; IN THIS AREA FOR TRANSLATION
; PLEASE DO NOT MOVE OR ALTER ANY
; TEXT. SIMPLY PLACE TRANSLATION BETWEEN
; THE '.TEXT/.ENDT' MARKERS ONLY!
; THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

;--------------------;
;                    ;
;--------------------;
_String_1_:
; ‚¨‹q—l@Ž‚¿•¨‚ª‚¢‚Á‚Ï‚¢‚Å‚·I
; Ž‚¿•¨‚ð@‚¹‚¢‚肵‚È‚¢‚Æ
; ‚±‚Ì•i•¨‚Í”ƒ‚¦‚Ü‚¹‚ñ[keyend]
.TEXT

.ENDT

;--------------------;
;                    ;
;--------------------;
_String_2_:
; ‚¨‹q—l@‚»‚ê‚ð
; ”ƒ‚¢Žæ‚鎖‚Í‚Å‚«‚Ü‚¹‚ñI[keyend]
.TEXT

.ENDT

And that is the whole file WITh added scripting code which
will not be included in the dumped text files. This file is 1,119 kb as is.

There are about 32 files that have a Windows file size of about 20kb or more
with the biggest being 64kb and that is the file I explained earlier which is about 29,646
without any of the scripting code BUT does contain all the extra stuff.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next