Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post subject: Re: Princess Minerva is official unofficially!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:26 am 

You know, this is one that I played a little of at one point but never really considered as a project? Just as well it's someone else doing it, though - sounds like it's a right nasty piece of work, and I've got more than enough difficult crap on my plate as it is.

Aeon Genesis ~ Guns guns guns! Yar ho hee har har!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:12 am 
Site Admin

Gideon Zhi wrote:
You know, this is one that I played a little of at one point but never really considered as a project? Just as well it's someone else doing it, though - sounds like it's a right nasty piece of work, and I've got more than enough difficult crap on my plate as it is.

Trust me, this game is a royal mess! To think I have yet to look at the actual assembler
code. All I have been doing is working on the scripting engine which is so freaking crazy
man! Like the amount of decompressed 'Script' files that have text in them. And then the
the way the scripting code had to be dumped. OUCH!!!
Example...
Code:
;%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%;
;                        ;
;%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%;
_Label_2048_:
.TEST[$B8] .ARG[$70] .GOTO _Label_245E_
.SETFLAG[$90] .ARG[$70]
;  
;      ツェルマット公国[pause-80]
.TINT.OFF
.TEXT.CLOSE
.CODE[$A1] .ARG[$00] .USE(080A)
.CODE[$A2] .ARG[$FF]
.FACE[$1E]
; 着いた 着いた!
; プロドゥムの街に
; 着いたぜ[keywin]
.FACE[$3E]
; 着いたぜじゃないわよ!
; だれかさんのせいで
; エラい目にあったわ[keywin]
.TEXT.CLOSE
.CODE[$A1] .ARG[$00] .USE(0D)
.CODE[$A1] .ARG[$01] .USE(0D)
.CODE[$A2] .ARG[$FF]
.FACE[$20]
; い…いや
; それはだな……[keywin]
.FACE[$3E]
; 持ち金の大半と
; 武器や防具をごっそり
; ぬすまれるなんてね[keycls]
; 当直の見張番が
; 優秀だったせいで
; 大ぞんだわよ[keywin]
.FACE[$20]
; そ…そういう言い方は
; ないだろ[keywin]
.FACE[$3E]
; あら だって
; 事実じゃないの[keywin]
.TEXT.CLOSE

YUCK!!! I feel the text will have to be placed in a seperate file similar to how I did
Aretha 2 and Chaos Seed initially. Who knows. I can see the code for this in my head
already. But anyway...It's a mess!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:36 am 
Site Admin

This project may have a translator. :) I'll get into details more as things become more concrete but I mentioned it to another translator for whom I have a lot of respect and they are interested in the project. This will be in excellent hands. More to come.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:01 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
This project may have a translator. :) I'll get into details more as things become more concrete but I mentioned it to another translator for whom I have a lot of respect and they are interested in the project. This will be in excellent hands. More to come.
What a banner day this has been! Full English Aretha-II Script delivered by Filler, Chaos Seed [draw] command progress by Bongo` and Draken, five more Burning Heroes blocks translated by Ritchie, Aretha-I picked up, possible translator for Princess Minerva coordinated by Filler, two new project pages built by TF, Oklahoma Sooners beat Nebraska in the Big 12 Championship, Duke beat Butler - again! The only thing that could possibly top it would be to have Bongo` suddenly lay a DoaE-GB inserter in my lap, hee-hee...!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:11 am 

I've almost got the dialogue format to Aretha I-GB figured out. I THINK the table is cracked. In dumping a few strings to check my dumper, it seems there's both 3-byte header and 5-byte header formats. Got to figure out that, and the pointers.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:29 am 
Site Admin

KingMike wrote:
I've almost got the dialogue format to Aretha I-GB figured out. I THINK the table is cracked. In dumping a few strings to check my dumper, it seems there's both 3-byte header and 5-byte header formats. Got to figure out that, and the pointers.
We're still waiting to jump into our two GB projects full force. I think Bongo` has the DoaE-GB's compression and pointer schemes solved. Dialogue space will probably be cramped, I'm guessing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:55 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:

That is awesome news. Keep us posted please :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:09 am 
Site Admin

So enough with the suspense already! I'm happy to say Eien ni Hen, translator to whom Slayers was dedicated, has kindly offered to help with Princess Minerva. She has proven to be a talented and hard working translator time and again, and comes with my highest recommendation. Unless anyone has an objection I'd like to welcome her to the project. I hear that she has set up a DD forum account so whomever is able to get her a copy of the script would you please send her a PM?

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:49 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
So enough with the suspense already! I'm happy to say Eien ni Hen, translator to whom Slayers was dedicated, has kindly offered to help with Princess Minerva. She has proven to be a talented and hard working translator time and again, and comes with my highest recommendation. Unless anyone has an objection I'd like to welcome her to the project. I hear that she has set up a DD forum account so whomever is able to get her a copy of the script would you please send her a PM?
I have heard many nice things about her for quite some time and am honored to have her at the translation helm of one of our projects. Welcome, Eien ni Hen!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:49 pm 
Site Admin

filler wrote:

Does she know that I am part of the group? We do have a short history... :cry:
Just to give Her a feel of what the game has to offer as in size. Ok, don't get scared...
I have found 422 files with about 343 holding text. These are all decompressed files.
I have yet to calculate a true BYTE count for text but once I get home I can
finish the text tool to will tell me the script size. But there are 343 files that I have
found...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next