Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Project Metafalica, the Ar tonelico 2 relocalization!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:57 am 
Site Admin

Hey guys, I thought I'd post this since this is one of my favorite series of games, although I personally had nothing to do with it.

The relocalization project for Ar Tonelico 2 has reached completion and the patch is released.

This patch not only retranslates the game from Japanese with a more faithful translation. It also fixes some nasty major bugs from the original English release as well as restoring some events that were disabled. It also adds a hard mode as well. The only drawback is that the game had to be left with Japanese audio. There was no way to use the dubbed audio as it caused one of the bugs and because they didn't even bother dubbing half of the audio in the first place.

Kudos to all involved. I can't wait to play it with this new translation, while not having to deal with all these major bugs in the game. (One of which was so bad it freezes the game)

And, although Ar Tonelico 2 is by far the weakest game of the series, I still highly recommend it and the entire series.

Project Metafalica, the Ar tonelico 2 relocalization

Post subject: Re: Project Metafalica, the Ar tonelico 2 relocalization!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:17 pm 
Site Admin

Yet another series I need to eventually play... *sigh* Life is too short.

On a side note, I've plugged in about 70 hours playing FFXV and feel like I'm going to need a big break from gaming once I finish the main story this week.

Post subject: Re: Project Metafalica, the Ar tonelico 2 relocalization!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:04 pm 

Ah. That makes me reminiscence upon the romhacking.net patch page that was made for this re-localization project. I was able to find an avatar for EACH of the 11 credited members (100% success rate) of that translation project back then in June 2017 for their RHDN profiles. That's an extraordinary record!

There is also this news: http://nichegamer.com/2016/12/31/fans-have-fully-re-translated-ar-tonelico-2/ (by Brandon Orselli on December 31, 2016).

But around 2 months-ish before that I submitted a patch page for an English Gundam translation patch on the PSP to RHDN (Without a hosted download link as the patch was too massive) and had started finding all the available avatars I could for most members of that other project. That is when I had since then started focusing on researching all the empty global user profiles at RHDN that worked on translation patches and adding their own avatars & links. It's still an ongoing task/crusade/journey and is annoying and time-consuming from time to time (Especially as it takes away my time & focus from my favourite editing hobby: Datacrystal's Translations list). But it must be done for history's (in the encyclopedic sense) sake.