Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The Amazing Spider-Man: Lethal Foes
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:26 pm 
Site Admin

FYI: I just posted on my site about "The Amazing Spider-Man: Lethal Foes".

Despite my many projects on the plate, I felt bad for this short script just sitting there on RHDNs board so I translated it over a couple days. Turns out the hacker released a patch for it not long after. It's a fixed width font, but seems like a good job, and huge improvement to the previous hack released for the game, which was just a fabricated story, rather than a proper English translation.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

Post subject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Lethal Foes
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:38 pm 

It's funny that a few people actually decided to translate The Amazing Spider-Man all of a sudden at the same time. :lol: Great job, it is a pretty good game in its own right... had fun playing through the real translation. :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:22 pm 

Yeah, I saw that on RHDN and was curious so I'd asked the staff to dig deep into it. So someone had investigated about it and the creator of the new hack had explained the why's of it. So thank you, filler, for shining a light on the differences between the two 'similar-looking' hacks for this action game.

I wish you and Esperknight Godspeed to completing some of your fan-translated patches for the obscure Japanese computer games. I like when those systems are getting their fair share of the romhackers' attention, especially the PC-FX - it's so underrated! My favourite of those by far was the FM-Towns! The old LucasArts adventures looked and sounded best on that platform at the time! As I mentioned in my thread on the history of emulation this Emulation General wiki site doesn't even have any FM-Towns topic page, much to my consternation! Team Innocent perhaps looks the closest to being released - I like Elmer's VWF & font insertion in there.
It's nice to see that a new group has popped up to cover more PC-98 projects, that's cool as. That computer was a bit behind the 16-bit consoles' technical strength but still just OK and showed a crucial phase in time for how some Jap developers used to build their games in certain genres and with different user interface designs. They're either progressing on or planning to do: Brandish 2 Renewal for PC-98, 46 Okunen Monogatari for PC-98 with other PC-98 projects planned as well, AIZA: New Generation and Xak I. They've built a PC-98 Resources page for anyone who is interested.

You do have three SFC scripts that no-one's taken up? Why not? Will Kingmike return to romhack two of those into patches? I'd love for that to happen since he's got his own unique style all to his own! He was good back then.

EDIT (21/04/2016): Good news, the Heroes of Legend team as stated above is now feeling confident about their progress on the translation project for 46 Okunen Monogatari / E.V.O (PC-98).

Last edited by ObiKKa on Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:12 pm 
Site Admin

In regards to those scripts, none of them are orphaned. One is Aretha which this group is working on. 3x3 Eyes and GS Mikami are King Mike's. I would consider working on 3x3 with another group, but I seem to remember Mike being interested in it last time I checked. I've been slowly working on a script for him for years. I'll probably check in about 3x3 when I finally finish that.

I've been interested in the Towns too. I have a Marty, but I've never used it much.

I need to get off my butt and get testing Team Innocent. :) Maybe I can convince Draken or Taskforce to help me finish off testing and editing some of EsperKnight's and my projects when things quiet down around here.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB