Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: God-Fighter Zeroigar English translation patch released!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

ImageImageImage

You may have already seen, but today Elmer and SamIAm released an amazing translation patch for God-Fighter Zeroigar (a.k.a Super God Trooper Zeroigar 超神兵器 ゼロイガー)! The unique thing about this, despite being only the second complete PC-FX translation I know of, is that they (with Esperknight's help) managed to subtitle and reinsert FMVs. This is huge for the PC-FX since the games tend to feature animation prominently.

You can check out the news post at http://www.romhacking.net/. There is also a thread there discussing the game, and the project page itself.

A preview was posted on YouTube if you want to take a look at it in action! https://youtu.be/GnUtZkT7pVM

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

Post subject: Re: God-Fighter Zeroigar English translation patch released!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:47 am 

i was just looking at this on romhacking.net that prompted me to try and search to see if
there were any rpgs released for the pc-fx, seems not a lot lol. I like how the pc-fx used
fmv's heavily in their games, shame it never actually took off, i guess the PS1/PSX won
the 32Bit war for rpgs.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:24 pm 
Site Admin

SylarDean wrote:
i was just looking at this on romhacking.net that prompted me to try and search to see if
there were any rpgs released for the pc-fx, seems not a lot lol.
That's not entirely fair considering there wasn't a lot of anything released on the PC-FX. There were only 62 games in its library. If anything RPGs are one of the most represented genres depending on how you are defining RPG.

The following are categorized to the best of my knowledge as I haven't played them all yet.

Traditional RPGs/Dungeon Cralwers
    Lunatic Dawn
    Angelique Tenku no Requiem
    Miraculum
    Boundary Gate
    Makeru na! Makendo Z

Strategy/Tactical RPGs
    Der Langrisser
    Power Doll
    Farland Story FX
    Sparkling Feather
    Dragon Knight 4

Action RPGs
    Last Imperial Prince

Hybrid RPG/ADV games
    Blue Breaker
    Arubarea no Otome

SylarDean wrote:
I like how the pc-fx used fmv's heavily in their games, shame it never actually took off, i guess the PS1/PSX won the 32Bit war for rpgs.
Me too. It exists as a testament to the possibility of an alternate reality where 2D gaming just kept getting better and dominating the industry. In the end, we still got some great 2D gaming on other more popular systems.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:45 pm 

filler wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
there were any rpgs released for the pc-fx, seems not a lot lol.
That's not entirely fair considering there wasn't a lot of anything released on the PC-FX. There were only 62 games in its library. If anything RPGs are one of the most represented genres depending on how you are defining RPG.

The following are categorized to the best of my knowledge as I haven't played them all yet.

Traditional RPGs/Dungeon Cralwers
    Lunatic Dawn
    Angelique Tenku no Requiem
    Miraculum
    Boundary Gate
    Makeru na! Makendo Z

Strategy/Tactical RPGs
    Der Langrisser
    Power Doll
    Farland Story FX
    Sparkling Feather
    Dragon Knight 4

Action RPGs
    Last Imperial Prince

Hybrid RPG/ADV games
    Blue Breaker
    Arubarea no Otome

SylarDean wrote:
I like how the pc-fx used fmv's heavily in their games, shame it never actually took off, i guess the PS1/PSX won the 32Bit war for rpgs.
Me too. It exists as a testament to the possibility of an alternate reality where 2D gaming just kept getting better and dominating the industry. In the end, we still got some great 2D gaming on other more popular systems.

LOL! what i actually meant by that comment was the fact that NONE has been translated, or at least none of what I could find.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:32 pm 
Site Admin

SylarDean wrote:
LOL! what i actually meant by that comment was the fact that NONE has been translated, or at least none of what I could find.
Heh, gotcha. I jumped to conclusions and may have gotten a little defensive. Side effect of being a PC-FX fan. :)

Yeah, no RPG translations yet. I'm not even planning to do any myself right now. Not that I don't like RPGs, I just enjoy translating ADV/VN style games and have my eyes set on a number for the system. However, I do hope that an RPG project gets started. I have a feeling that it would help the image of the system. Miraculum is pretty fun from what I've played. I also can't help but think people would respond well to a Der Langrisser translation. Boundary Gate seems like a really cool dungeon crawler too.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:33 am 

filler wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
Heh, gotcha. I jumped to conclusions and may have gotten a little defensive. Side effect of being a PC-FX fan. :)

Yeah, no RPG translations yet. I'm not even planning to do any myself right now. Not that I don't like RPGs, I just enjoy translating ADV/VN style games and have my eyes set on a number for the system. However, I do hope that an RPG project gets started. I have a feeling that it would help the image of the system. Miraculum is pretty fun from what I've played. I also can't help but think people would respond well to a Der Langrisser translation. Boundary Gate seems like a really cool dungeon crawler too.

agreed dude, der langrisser for sure, those games are massive and have a HUGE fan base following. Miraculum looks cool, id luv to play a translated version of that, the battles kinda remind me of a snes rpg - Mystic Quest but without animations. Boundary Gate looks cool, tho im NOT a major fan of those type of rpgs I WILL try them out.. i think the latest game ive played with that type of gameplay was one on the Snes - Dream Maze - The kigurumi Adventure .. i think thats what it was called.. lol ive played so many.

Spoiler! :