Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Romancing Saga 1
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 1:53 pm 

Just incase anyone was wondering Romancing Saga 1 for the SNES is pretty much done and basically open for a beta test. Release should happen soon. Here is the link to the Romhacking.net personal project forum where you can grab the patch. More people that play, the more bugs we can hopefully squash :) http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.p ... 590.0.html

PS- I had nothing to do with this translation just a fan.

Post subject: Re: Romancing Saga 1
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:54 am 

I saw that the SaGa 3 translation was done by Cain's Domain, any relation?

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:01 am 

Nope.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:16 am 

I've been looking at it for some time. He even made some fixes to the mechanics If I remember right. Awesome.

It's kind of weird that after all this time we are going to see it in english at last.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:59 pm 

Just waiting for Gideon's Romancing Saga 2.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:04 pm 

Maeson wrote:
I've been looking at it for some time. He even made some fixes to the mechanics If I remember right. Awesome.

It's kind of weird that after all this time we are going to see it in english at last.

i started a sanctuary for this game, but gave up.. i started (big mistake) as arthur.. following his story all pretty
straight forward, then BOOOOOM! the game opened itself up to a whole lot of me thinking.. WTHell am I doing.
Whilst its ABOUT time these saga games got completed for a release I really didn't like the open world feel to
it, its just ALL a little too much. Compared to RS3.. RS1's mechanics totally got me disliking the game, that's
why i stopped the sanctuary.

I'm waiting on RS2 big time, as a LOT of the RS fans say that it's the best of the 3 games for the SneS/Sfc, I
like RS3 a lot so can't wait to try out RS2.

Going back to RS1, the translation of what i played seemed to be of top quality work tho I DID cross a few issues,
main one being that the chat bubbles in AND out of battles changed color once i hit the area just after the crashed ship.
As Maeson has said.. it's good to finally see a late beta version of this game released and I WISH the team future
luck in its complete release.

MAYBE at a later time, I will revisit the prospect of re-doing a sanctuary for it, but at the moment my plate is NOW full
with THREE sanctuaries on the go.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:17 pm 

I personally don't know much about the Saga series for Super Nintendo/Famicom first hand, I only played the Saga games for GameBoy, lol. I stkill like the third one quite a bit.

I also know that there is a very good translation for Romacing Saga 3 in Spanish, thankfully it's my language so I'll have to try it sometime.

The reason I didn't get into these games before is because all the freedom it gives you, it must be very easy to get lost, lose something important, or screw up your character's builds.

While I don't mind exploring and searching when i'm lost, I really don't like the idea of putting time on something that will end up being poor or badly done and having to restart from scratch.

I already had my MMO phase, I don't want to feel the same thing, lol.

But i'll give them a try, I always wanted to make my main character a weird mix of wizard and martial arts fighter/brawler.