Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Romhacking Histories Podcast
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:53 am 

filler wrote:
Thanks again for this. Remind me, did you just go over the stuff I'd done, or was there more of the scrip that Esperknight dumped? Also, is it inserted, or is that still a work in progress?

I edited the script and translated all the remaining text in the game. No idea if the revised script has been inserted, though. :)

filler wrote:
That is awesome. I love it when anyone is in love with a PC-FX. game. I wouldn't have expected Miraculum though. I've never gotten far in it, just played the first town, but it always seemed pretty traditional and underwhelming. Have you made it very far?

Miraculum is kind of generic, but I like it despite that. I've gotten about halfway through the game, translating as I play. There are some pretty generic elements (evil empire, for example), but also some shocking stuff:

Spoiler! :
A bunch of kids get killed by soldiers near the beginning of the game. Nothing graphic, but still pretty unsettling.

I found Mednafen ridiculously hard to use, but implementing Mednafen GUI made it easier. I definitely want to check out more PC-FX games. I get the impression there are a lot of untranslated gems out there. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:12 am 
Site Admin

Ahhh.. I remember when being a hacker was special... Now translators get all the love! :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:22 pm 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:
Ahhh.. I remember when being a hacker was special... Now translators get all the love! :D

Don't worry, you'll always be special to us! I do feel like it's easier to find people to work on hacking stuff than translating it these days, though I don't look for translators much so that probably has something to do with it.

Eien Ni Hen wrote:
I edited the script and translated all the remaining text in the game. No idea if the revised script has been inserted, though. :)

Awesome. I updated my local repo and grabbed the new stuff this morning. I'll check it out and bug Esperknight about the insertion.

Eien Ni Hen wrote:
Miraculum is kind of generic, but I like it despite that. I've gotten about halfway through the game, translating as I play. There are some pretty generic elements (evil empire, for example), but also some shocking stuff:

Spoiler! :
A bunch of kids get killed by soldiers near the beginning of the game. Nothing graphic, but still pretty unsettling.

I found Mednafen ridiculously hard to use, but implementing Mednafen GUI made it easier. I definitely want to check out more PC-FX games. I get the impression there are a lot of untranslated gems out there. :)

You've got me playing Miraculum now. :) I do like how it is basically a 16-bit RPG with only the obvious improvements afforded by the PC-FX tacked on like some voiced parts, better music (though a bit overly-dramatic at times), and FMVs. The FMV in that first forest took me by surprise and reminded me why I like the PC-FX so much, though it was one of the most artifacted videos I've seen on the system. I hope there are more FMVs like that in the game.

I was also rather shocked by that scene. :( I got through the first castle that lets you open the gate on the opposite side to pass through so the old guy can go drinking in the next town. :) The game is growing on me.

And yeah, I thought Mednafen was actually unusable for the longest time.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB