Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Recca's translation projects
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:43 pm 
Site Admin

I just thought that I would take the time to talk about some of the various games that I have in mind to translate into Romanian. Since I'm not all that good with hex editors, I'll have to rely mostly on game specific tools until I get the hang of using Windhex and other hex editors perfectly. Well anyways, here's the current list of games:

Completed projects: Chrono Trigger (SNES)

Current projects and ones that I have in mind:
- Shining Force I (GENS)
- Shining Force II (GENS)
- Phantasy Star III (GENS)
- The three Fire Emblem games for the GBA.

Interested games with D-D:
- Mystic Ark (SNES)
- Burning Heroes (SNES / When finished with English translation.)
- Record of Lodoss War (SNES / When finished with English translation.)

I'm not sure through how many of these I'll actually get around to translating though. There's a couple of more SNES RPGs that I have in mind, but they don't have any game specific tools. Not that it's very important, my list is already rather long. The biggest reason for me doing this is to polish up on my Romanian since I don't really get use it that much these days. I'm mostly focused on studying Japanese though. I'll have to think of how many of these to actually take on. I wouldn't want to get that "your work is in vain, no one is playing it" feeling. Eh, I might just stick to my Japanese-English translation projects here with D-D.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Post subject: Re: Recca's translation projects
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:52 am 

Recca how many languages are you fluent in or studying now? I have several European friends and all of them are comfortable with at least 3 languages. I wish Americans worked as hard to be fluent in so many languages. Good luck with your projects.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:58 am 
Site Admin

Thanks! I'm only fluent in English and Romanian. My French is okay, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that I'm fluent in it. As for Japanese, I only know enough to translate simple things such as names, greetings and menus. It would be great if I was fluent in those too. Then I could become a renowned translator! Heh, maybe one day, if I'm lucky...

Phew, I just finished my third beta test with CT! It seems as though the more mistakes and bugs if I fix, the more I find! I think that I'm done now though. I didn't find too many errors in my last beta test. Most of the bugs were just when I left a space by accident resulting in a blank dialogue box appearing which is nothing too big. I fixed a bunch of those today along with some minor grammatical errors. It's ready for hosting now. Whew, I'm tired! Over an year of continuous work day and night can really get to you to say the least...!

Hmm, which project to take up next? I need to flip a coin for at least a couple dozen times. Perhaps I should also talk in Romanian to attract any possible fans? I doubt that it will work, but here it goes.

Cine vrea să se joace jocuri în limba Română? Chrono Trigger deja a fost tradus complet! Puteţi veni să comentaţi dacă doriţi.

Eh, I should like a cheap peddler trying to sell his junk. I wonder if using that fuction below would work to attach the .rar file? I'll take one more look over it to see if it's completely bug free first. I wouldn't want to mess up my first translation...

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:30 am 

Maybe you should work on a project where you can work on English and Romanian at the same time. A game that perhaps has a rough english script which you could touch up while translating to Romanian so you are accomplishing more with less time.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:18 pm 

French is my first language. I've always wanted to maybe work on any sort of project, but never made any efforts towards it. If for some reason you want to make a multi-language translation, well I'd be happy to lend a hand with French.