Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
Post subject: Re: Inspiration
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:24 am
Posts: 215
ultpaladin wrote:
new SaGa game for the Vita

WHAT WITH THE NINTENDO HATE, Square-Enix? :P
Lack of Wii U VC, but okay maybe they were fine enough with the games being offered in Wii mode (so I hear).
I wonder if they are withholding Final Fantasy 1 from 3DS VC for the "3D" eShop version announced in Japan. I might play that Final Fantasy Explorers game if it ever comes.
But the lack of the GB SaGa games and Final Fantasy Adventure from VC is baffling.
S-E has strongly hinted at why the GBC Dragon Quests aren't coming when they said DQ7 for 3DS isn't coming to the west because they don't think it's worth the effort re-localizing it, and they called the PS1 localization having "outdated" standards.
Which is why even though I'd buy the FF2 NES beta if they released it on VC (week English and all :D ), they won't.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Inspiration
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:48 pm
Posts: 84
Original post updated! Again there is progress, which is great. What about Traverse: Starlight and Prairie? Anybody working on it? Maybe a future project for DD, as a lot of older projects are nearly finished now... :roll:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Inspiration
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:03 pm
Posts: 9
Pete wrote:
Original post updated! Again there is progress, which is great. What about Traverse: Starlight and Prairie? Anybody working on it? Maybe a future project for DD, as a lot of older projects are nearly finished now... :roll:


Weren't the people who did Arabian Nights working on that one? The group's webpage is down, so I'm not sure whether that means the project's kaput.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Inspiration
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:53 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:43 am
Posts: 742
KingMike wrote:
ultpaladin wrote:
new SaGa game for the Vita

WHAT WITH THE NINTENDO HATE, Square-Enix? :P
Not like that's anything new. They were Sony exclusive for a while there.


The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Inspiration
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:19 pm
Posts: 226
Traverse has already been translated and partially hacked. LostTemplar is busy with real life at the moment and the project is on hiatus.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Inspiration
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:24 am
Posts: 215
filler wrote:
KingMike wrote:
ultpaladin wrote:
new SaGa game for the Vita

WHAT WITH THE NINTENDO HATE, Square-Enix? :P
Not like that's anything new. They were Sony exclusive for a while there.

It's still kind of new. They make more 3DS games but they only release them in Japan.
How much trouble is to release Final Fantasy 1 on 3DS VC, or some of the Taito IP like Bubble Bobble in the west?
Even Final Fantasy 3D would probably only need little more than a copypaste localization.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Inspiration
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:48 pm
Posts: 84
I've just updated my original post from 2011. It's good to see that significant progress has been made over the last years.

At the moment, these are the three games I would wish to get translated to most:

1. Oni II
2. Traverse: Starlight and Prairie
3. Complete and high quality translation of Dragon Quest 6

Keep up the good work, it's highly appreciated!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Inspiration
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:51 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:54 pm
Posts: 2340
Location: Virginia
Pete wrote:
I've just updated my original post from 2011. It's good to see that significant progress has been made over the last years.

At the moment, these are the three games I would wish to get translated to most:

1. Oni II
2. Traverse: Starlight and Prairie
3. Complete and high quality translation of Dragon Quest 6

Keep up the good work, it's highly appreciated!
All I need to start pecking away at SFC DQ-VI is an insertion folder and dump of the Japanese. Last time I mentioned this to Bongo' years ago he said, "Bah! Too hard!" But that would be the El Supremo of my lifetime project achievement.


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Inspiration
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:48 pm
Posts: 84
Wildbill wrote:
All I need to start pecking away at SFC DQ-VI is an insertion folder and dump of the Japanese. Last time I mentioned this to Bongo' years ago he said, "Bah! Too hard!" But that would be the El Supremo of my lifetime project achievement.

Yeah, I remember when we talked about it the last time. Must have been some years ago. But even if there will never be a retranslation of DQ 6, you at DD are still my personal heroes for picking up Oni 2!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Inspiration
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:40 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:49 am
Posts: 1381
Location: Oklahoma City
Oni II is translated and will happen. Just don't expect it to happen quickly. Too much work on other projects to do at the moment, and worse, the game has a stupidly difficult text system. We are committed to getting it done, we just want to get everything closer to finished out of the way first.


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group