Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post subject: Re: Inspiration
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:15 am 

Pete wrote:
Honestly, I was stunned when playing Far East of Eden Zero. I can't believe such a great game has never been translated. The graphics look as good as those of the the best SNES-RPGs I've ever played in terms of presentation: Star Ocean, Tales of Phantasia, Secret of Mana 2, Terranigma. This is not one of those mediocre RPGs out there - this is upper class! The last game I've played which matched the level of FEoEZ was Secret of Mana 2.

Indeed. I don't think Byuu would be against collabing with that project for people who he knew were capable and trusted.

Traverse is another one of those gems. I never finished it but I was very impressed. The coolest thing about that game is that it's almost completely open-ended meaning you can do as you please. There's a weather system, seasons, and a day/night cycle that changes and opens/closes events, dialogue, etc. The battle system is simple yet beautifully done and the music is catchy. It also has some great animations, graphics, and an overall high quality presentation. It is however, a very technical game. At the beggining when you create your character you have to create things such as your bloodtype(!), type of pet you want, etc. You get married in the game, age, and so on. It has many different endings and is basically a free for all where you're not really required to do anything yet there is so much to do.

In my opinion it's one of the last SFC gems along with FEoEZ, secret of mana 2, chaos seed, etc. I like to think of this game as being way ahead for it's time. There's some info on yonin no translators website. Kammedo was a strong advocate for it but as of right now I don't think anyone's working on it. I'm not a hacker but to be honest I think this game would be a nightmare and be very challenging for anyone to hack or translate. That's not necessarily a bad thing though. It would take some skilled and dedicated individuals to tackle it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_w7JoIigco Great info about the game in the description.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VEzhCaqcOI character creation and beginning.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:55 am 

I've been interested in this game for years, the rom has just been sitting there hoping a patch will spring forth at one point.
If D-D were to tackle this project I'd certainly be delighted.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:56 am 

Implicid wrote:
Pete wrote:
Traverse is another one of those gems. I never finished it but I was very impressed. The coolest thing about that game is that it's almost completely open-ended meaning you can do as you please. There's a weather system, seasons, and a day/night cycle that changes and opens/closes events, dialogue, etc. The battle system is simple yet beautifully done and the music is catchy. It also has some great animations, graphics, and an overall high quality presentation. It is however, a very technical game. At the beggining when you create your character you have to create things such as your bloodtype(!), type of pet you want, etc. You get married in the game, age, and so on. It has many different endings and is basically a free for all where you're not really required to do anything yet there is so much to do.

hm, interesting videos. At first I was a bit distracted by the unusual angle within buildings. But what you've written sounds great. So I'll put it on third place! The outcome of the whole experiment I've started some weeks ago would be:

1.) Far East of Eden Zero
2.) Bakumatsu Korinden: Oni
3.) Traverse Starlight & Prairie

Having tested all the games I think these three are the ones deserving a quality translation the most.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:33 pm 
Site Admin

Pete wrote:
Implicid wrote:
Pete wrote:

hm, interesting videos. At first I was a bit distracted by the unusual angle within buildings. But what you've written sounds great. So I'll put it on third place! The outcome of the whole experiment I've started some weeks ago would be:

Having tested all the games I think these three are the ones deserving a quality translation the most.

Hmm, my game is not one of your top 3. I guess I need to find some one to "sekretlie" do the kanji ID for me since thou sucketh at IDing...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:58 pm 

Bongo` wrote:
I guess I need to find some one to "sekretlie" do the kanji ID for me since thou sucketh at IDing...

I am not a native speaker of English language.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:37 pm 

Bongo` wrote:
Hmm, my game is not one of your top 3. I guess I need to find some one to "sekretlie" do the kanji ID for me since thou sucketh at IDing...

Bushi Seiryuuden? :D

Aeon Genesis ~ Guns guns guns! Yar ho hee har har!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:31 pm 
Site Admin

Gideon Zhi wrote:
Bongo` wrote:

HAHAHA Heck no! My game is much more under the radar. It's been mentioned around town but not many are that excited to take a crack at it. Compression tools complete, VWF complete and text
pretty much figured out. I will start work on the kanji ID as soon as I can. :(

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:20 pm 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:
Gideon Zhi wrote:
Bongo` wrote:

HAHAHA Heck no! My game is much more under the radar. It's been mentioned around town but not many are that excited to take a crack at it. Compression tools complete, VWF complete and text
pretty much figured out. I will start work on the kanji ID as soon as I can. :(
Read your mail, Kemo Sabe... Send the Kanji graphics over. Ya can't dump a script without Kanji in the table file. A translator can't translate without a script dump. A... Well... You get my drift, huh...?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:52 am 
Site Admin

Gideon Zhi wrote:
Bongo` wrote:

Speaking of Bushi, that game is cool looking an all but it feels like one hell of a hack!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:27 pm 
Site Admin

Pete wrote:
The outcome of the whole experiment I've started some weeks ago would be:

Well, we said we might consider picking up Oni-II again, but we don't have a dedicated forum board for it. It was Akujin's project originally. We dropped it a few years ago, only because we heard that Kammedo was planning to do it, but that may have changed now.

It's up to the group if we approve it for our long list again, Bongo`'s willingness to recode it, and a dedicated translator stepping up to the plate, hopefully someone who is keenly interested in the Edo period of Japan. The theme, I recall, may be somewhat similar to Chaos Seed without the dungeon-building feature.

At any rate, here's some eyewash for interested parties. Oni-II's documents and manual: http://www.dynamic-designs.us/oni2/Oni-II_Decline_of_the_Edo_Era_Manual_and_Docs.zip

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next