Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Welcome to Pia Carrot 2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:55 pm 

Red Soul wrote:
filler wrote:
I'm not sure about the legality status of the PM series, but I do know the makers are called GAINAX or something.

Yeah, GAINAX only created Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water and Evangelion and probably other stuff. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:54 pm 
Site Admin

Red Soul wrote:
Well I hope your projects come along well filler ^.^ I'll be happy to help with testing if you need along the road, you're one of us after all and its just natural.
I'm not sure about the legality status of the PM series, but I do know the makers are called GAINAX or something.
Also I do know there are partial patches floating along the net for PM2 and 4, but I doubt they are really playable in this manner.
I played Wonder Project J1 (Snes) and J2 (N64) before and I have to say I like this kind of game, especially when it leads to unsuspecting and / or funny results
(In J2 for example, Josette could actually eat a book instead of reading it unless properly taught).

A picture of both Pino (WPJ 1) and Josette (WPJ2)

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q47/ ... ndpino.jpg

Thanks. :) I'll definitely take you up on that offer to play test at some point.

As KingMike alluded, GAINAX (animation studio behind great series like Nadia, Evengelion, Gunbuster, not to mention having worked on many more great series as animators) has produced a number of games some of them based on their own franchises (and others like Silent Mobius). They even made a strip mahjong game for Evangelion that I believe included artwork by one of the series official illustrators. I read once that the diversity helped keep their animation studio afloat and at a point may have been the only profitable thing that kept them going. Don't quote me on that though. :)

The eating the book sounds hysterical. :D

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:24 am 

You brought up interesting points, thanks for the cultural notes ^.^
I guess anime is so influential in Japan that genre interest might shift from time to time
(much like movies here on the west) so animation studios that stay flexible can meet a wider market demand, same old, same old haha.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:17 pm 
Site Admin

Hey, just an FYI. I'm happy to report that the 1st draft of the script for WtPC2 is at 50% complete as of this morning! :) I've really been enjoying getting to know the characters in this game and getting to read the story as I go. It's also fun because I translated the 1st and 3rd quarters of the game so if Grant winds up doing the other two quarters I may have a chance to fill in the gaps in my knowledge without having to have translated it front to back which I think will be fun.

EDIT: This also means I get to start in on an exciting mystery project now which I will be revealing later in the day.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:18 pm 

Great job Filler, you've gotten a lot accomplished this past year. And now I am really eager to hear about this mystery project :D . Hope you had a good Christmas break and New Years.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:42 pm 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
Hey, just an FYI. I'm happy to report that the 1st draft of the script for WtPC2 is at 50% complete as of this morning! :) I've really been enjoying getting to know the characters in this game and getting to read the story as I go. It's also fun because I translated the 1st and 3rd quarters of the game so if Grant winds up doing the other two quarters I may have a chance to fill in the gaps in my knowledge without having to have translated it front to back which I think will be fun.

EDIT: This also means I get to start in on an exciting mystery project now which I will be revealing later in the day.
I'm turning purple holding my breath... Ooops, saved... Here comes my son with a cold beer!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:15 am 
Site Admin

Mmm, beer. :) I won't keep you waiting any longer. I just posted the page on my projects page. I have in my possession a dumped script for Ah! My Goddess on the PC-FX! This is a PC-FX port of a PC-98 game with added voice acting and animations. See my project page for a link to a nice review and an embedded YouTube video of the intro. http://projects.mattsmessyroom.com/ahmegamisama/ NOTE: This is likely the first of not only a plethora of new translation projects but possibly of additional PC-FX projects so stay tuned in the future!

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:29 am 

You wouldn't happen to be on any uppers, would ya? ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:22 am 
Site Admin

Um...no? I may be high on translating though. :) Also added a page for Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon R for the Game Boy which is coming along very well. http://projects.mattsmessyroom.com/bssmr/ A rough first draft of the script is complete and Esperknight just got 3 lines of text displaying in the translation (as opposed to 2 originally).

EDIT: I meant to respond to you in my last post ultpaladin. Thanks for the praise and I hope you also had a great holiday. I had a very nice time. Lots of time with family, translating, and game playing.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:34 am 
Site Admin

While I'm thinking of it I may as well update about progress over the past 7 months. It's a little hard to pin down all that's been going on. I'm disappointed to say that WtPC2 script is not quite complete but it's at about 80% rough draft. I'm working on it currently and the script translation should be done in the next month or so. The rough draft of Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon R (GB) is finished and just needs final editing. I helped out SSTranslations with War of the Dead (PCE). Also translated a bit of an X68000 game called Joker. Ah! My Goddess is at about 10% complete but that's been set aside for a moment to finish up WtPC2 and some other stuff. Started helping out on the translation of Revolutionary Girl Utena on the Saturn, but a lot of my time has been taken up on Team Innocent for the PC-FX. We are speculating that Team Innocent script is at least 50% translated, maybe more.

I'm getting a bit antsy to have a couple releases out this year. I've managed to have a pretty good streak going on for a couple of years now. I think BSSMR and WtPC2 are pretty good bets but don't quote me on that. I'm excited about the update on Aretha II as well. Can't wait to see more as writing/inserting progresses!

My projects
RHDN Community DB