Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
Post subject: Re: Garrett's translation projects
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:57 pm 
Site Admin

kvachu wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
KM, do you have that little blue translucent USB adapter that will take two PS controllers? Taskforce alerted me to those, on sale with an eBay source, and I grabbed a handful for about two bucks each! They came with a little mini-CD driver disk, which TF swore would enhance sensitivity, even in XP and beyond. Heh, I guess the entity that got dated with Nesticle is MOI!! (Shades of our golden DoaE-II days, though!!)

@Wildbill
Do You have this?
or this?
I have the second(using PS2 pads with this) adapter and it's kinda crap. It's working fine, is autodectected without any drivers, but right now sometimes I have some problems with it. Sometimes inputs(hope You know what I mean - my poor englisjh >.>) don't connect well and I have to touch it or hit. If i move it a little then i risk that it stops again... It's look like this device has low durability.

If about emulator, I use only VirtuaNES. Lately I even beat few short NES games(english) like Felix the Cat, 1942(yes, this hardcore crapy shoter ; D), Castlevania and Power Blade. Sometimes I'm NES freak and when I see screenshots from that new translated game by Garett I have again this NES feeling =).
I have the second one, but I haven't had any problems with it. Then again, I haven't tested it with any action games. I used it to write Lennus-II and part of Feda, then I ordered an SNES USB adapter called the Super Smart and yanked an original SNES gamepad out of one of my stored-away console unit boxes. This adapted SNES pad USB setup has worked well for writing the rest of Feda, Mystic Ark, and Slayers. Like my American Express card, I never leave home without it!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:24 pm 
Site Admin

kvachu wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
KM, do you have that little blue translucent USB adapter that will take two PS controllers? Taskforce alerted me to those, on sale with an eBay source, and I grabbed a handful for about two bucks each! They came with a little mini-CD driver disk, which TF swore would enhance sensitivity, even in XP and beyond. Heh, I guess the entity that got dated with Nesticle is MOI!! (Shades of our golden DoaE-II days, though!!)

@Wildbill
Do You have this?
or this?
I have the second(using PS2 pads with this) adapter and it's kinda crap. It's working fine, is autodectected without any drivers, but right now sometimes I have some problems with it. Sometimes inputs(hope You know what I mean - my poor englisjh >.>) don't connect well and I have to touch it or hit. If i move it a little then i risk that it stops again... It's look like this device has low durability.

If about emulator, I use only VirtuaNES. Lately I even beat few short NES games(english) like Felix the Cat, 1942(yes, this hardcore crapy shoter ; D), Castlevania and Power Blade. Sometimes I'm NES freak and when I see screenshots from that new translated game by Garett I have again this NES feeling =).

Yep, the second one is the one both Wildbill and I have. Being that these products are chinese made, I'm sure quality on each unit varies widely. I have a very good and well made unit, but who knows what the next one that came off the line was like. I've used it to play everything including NES, SNES, Playstation, Saturn, Genesis, Sega CD, gameboy (including advance), DS and even PC games. With the included drivers the response time is spot on and it even has rumble support for whatever might support it. Windows default drivers are not as responsive and have no rumble support. These things are so cheap though. For about $10 you could get 2 or 3 of them so at least the chances were you would get one good one :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:12 pm 

taskforce wrote:
I've used it to play everything including NES, SNES, Playstation, Saturn, Genesis, Sega CD, gameboy (including advance), DS and even PC games.

The same me, but including Amiga, Commodore64, Nintendo 64, DOSbox... ohhh, I play with it on everything even if some emu doesn't support it, then I map this pad under keyboard keys with XPadder software. I can't imagine my gaming without SONY pads, they are strong and tough(very durable).

taskforce wrote:
With the included drivers the response time is spot on and it even has rumble support for whatever might support it. Windows default drivers are not as responsive and have no rumble support. These things are so cheap though. For about $10 you could get 2 or 3 of them so at least the chances were you would get one good one :)

Hey, that's maybe true =D. I never managed to turn on rumbles =]. I'll try once more.

But guys, we did nice offtopic to Garett's work =V.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:51 pm 
Site Admin

kvachu wrote:
taskforce wrote:
I've used it to play everything including NES, SNES, Playstation, Saturn, Genesis, Sega CD, gameboy (including advance), DS and even PC games.

The same me, but including Amiga, Commodore64, Nintendo 64, DOSbox... ohhh, I play with it on everything even if some emu doesn't support it, then I map this pad under keyboard keys with XPadder software. I can't imagine my gaming without SONY pads, they are strong and tough(very durable).

taskforce wrote:
With the included drivers the response time is spot on and it even has rumble support for whatever might support it. Windows default drivers are not as responsive and have no rumble support. These things are so cheap though. For about $10 you could get 2 or 3 of them so at least the chances were you would get one good one :)

Hey, that's maybe true =D. I never managed to turn on rumbles =]. I'll try once more.

But guys, we did nice offtopic to Garrett's work =V.
Yeah, but we had fun comparing notes on which controller system to use playing Garrett's and King Mike's translations. Around here, that's the number one rule - have fun! If Garrett's okay with it, all's good. We're pleased that he shares his project news here because many of us have hobby time so limited, hardly any is left over to go surfing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:47 pm 

Took me a while, but I have a new release.

http://yojimbo.eludevisibility.org/Jigoku/Jigoku.html

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:51 pm 

Looks quite nice Garrett, congrats!
I'll give it a play later today.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:19 pm 
Site Admin

That work looks outstanding!

Garrett wrote:
Took me a while, but I have a new release.

http://yojimbo.eludevisibility.org/Jigoku/Jigoku.html

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:34 am 

Hey Garrett, hope you don't mind me asking but how's the progress going on Arabian Nights?

YNT website hasn't had any updates about it and Kammedo hasn't been around any boards in awhile. I was just wondering since it was so close to being finished.

Awesome work there. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:06 pm 

Not going anywhere right now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:43 am 
Implicid wrote:
Hey Garrett, hope you don't mind me asking but how's the progress going on Arabian Nights?

YNT website hasn't had any updates about it and Kammedo hasn't been around any boards in awhile. I was just wondering since it was so close to being finished.

Awesome work there. ;)

Maybe this can answer your question:

http://www.romhacking.net/helpads/320/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next