Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Madou Monogatari I and Lady Sword
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:24 pm 

filler wrote:
But just think what would happen if he and I teamed up...?

I still haven't forgotten about Juuma Houkan!

Aeon Genesis ~ Guns guns guns! Yar ho hee har har!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:34 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
ImageImageImageImage

There is a new patch out for Madou Monogatari. This patch addresses all the known bugs from the bug report thread and is confirmed 100% working to the ending, minus only the ending credits. It's possible we may polish the script a bit in the future, but we are considering this a complete patch. Check out my Madou Monogatari project page or RHDN for more info and a link to the patch.
Ah, just saw the bit about the possible story rewrite. (Well, you know how I can become transfixed regarding this element of the process. Meanwhile, twenty rewrites later...) Anyway, two quick suggestions based upon the graphics... "Ow...! I bumped my noggin!" (adds a spontaneous verbal reaction to her basic otherwise noncommittal status report) and "Everyone is rooting for me!" In the case of the latter string, you avoid disclosing the fact that you forgot that a preposition is something you do not end a sentence with! (Hee-hee...!) Don't forget Winston Churchill's famous quote. "This is the sort of bloody nonsense up with which I will not put.."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:30 am 
Site Admin

Gideon Zhi wrote:
filler wrote:
But just think what would happen if he and I teamed up...?

I still haven't forgotten about Juuma Houkan!

Then fix that darn kanji table! :) In all honesty I 1. Have tons of scripts to work on and 2. Am relatively busy and not doing much translating. I'd consider taking a good look at that script if it was dumped though. If you could get me the kanji graphics from the game to check against the table I might be able to confirm the accuracy (or lack thereof) of the table.

WB: I can picture you as a child forced to write lines on the blackboard making each one better as you went. ;)

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:49 am 
Site Admin

If you do not already know, I released an English language patch for Lady Sword on Monday! Yay! Pertinent details at RHDN.

In addition if I may gush about projects:

- Over the Thanksgiving holiday I translated the script for Sailor Moon R on the Game Boy for Esperknight. I'm cleaning it up and should have it back to him shortly.
- Aretha II got some help on RHDN which I still need to incorporate back into the script.
- I've begun working actively on the script for Welcome to Pia Carrot 2 along with another translator.
- In addition to the projects listed on my page we're preparing to crack open possibly more than one PC-FX game for work in the near future...

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:28 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
If you do not already know, I released an English language patch for Lady Sword on Monday! Yay! Pertinent details at RHDN.

- Over the Thanksgiving holiday I translated the script for Sailor Moon R on the Game Boy for Esperknight. I'm cleaning it up and should have it back to him shortly.
- Aretha II got some help on RHDN which I still need to incorporate back into the script.
- I've begun working actively on the script for Welcome to Pia Carrot 2 along with another translator.
- In addition to the projects listed on my page we're preparing to crack open possibly more than one PC-FX game for work in the near future...

I could actually do PCE stuff if I found any games that I liked. I
believe it uses a familiar CPU. :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:45 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:

You amaze me, Matt, all the irons you have in the fire! Hmmm... If you run across a fellow translator associate that has time to do Princess Minerva...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:30 pm 

Have you thought about contacting the people involved in the Miraculum PC-FX translation?

The PC Engine has its share of awesome games, but the games are split into 2 systems. If you're really curious about the system Bongo' I would suggest you take a look at The Legend of Xanadu 2.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:58 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
You amaze me, Matt, all the irons you have in the fire! Hmmm... If you run across a fellow translator associate that has time to do Princess Minerva...

I'll definitely start recruiting. :)

Bongo` wrote:
I could actually do PCE stuff if I found any games that I liked. I
believe it uses a familiar CPU. :)

The whole NEC line-up (PC88/PC98/PCE/PCECD/PC-FX) is pretty fascinating to me esp. the PC-FX. I have fond memories of playing it and it has system martyr status like the Dreamcast. I'll admit a lot of the appeal is that many games were not released outside of Japan. There were a lot of anime style games and stuff that seems like a big untapped wellspring of potential gaming treasure. It would certainly be neat for DD to branch out into this territory. I know DD prefers RPGs, if I was going to make a personal recommendation I'd take more time with it, but if you want to see some RPGish games on the PCE in particular, you might check out:

Sindibad Chitei no Dai Makyu
Susa no Ou Densetsu
Benkei Gaiden
Makai Hakkenden Shada
Cyber Knight (I think this has a SNES release as well)
Hisou Kihei X-SERD Kaizaado (this is more a tactical game but I made note that I thought it looked cool once)
Out Live

EDIT: Have you thought about contacting the people involved in the Miraculum PC-FX translation?

Was this directed at me? I have not. That's cool someone is working on it though. :) Esperknight and I are looking at a couple anime based titles on the PC-FX currently.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:37 am 

Quote:
Was this directed at me? I have not. That's cool someone is working on it though.

Yeah, some group was working on it and even submitted it to RHDN as an in-progress entry, but it got deleted. Not sure if it's active or not. Might need someone to poke around and maybe breath some life in the project.

http://nekozomb.fobby.net/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:32 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for sharing that Garrett. I may follow up with them.

Someone named Sabre was working on the Akazukin party game for the PC-FX a long time ago too but I don't know what ever happened to that.

I ran across this Chronology of console role-playing games of the 80's on wikipedia.

My projects
RHDN Community DB