Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ganbare Goemon 2 and 3
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:45 am 

This doesnt seem to have been mentioned anywhere...

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/5353/

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/5354/

Credit to DDSTranslation for their amazing work.
FYI: the first Gabare Goemon was released in the US as The Legend of the Mystical Ninja.

Post subject: Re: Ganbare Goemon 2 and 3
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:17 pm 

umegamer wrote:
This doesnt seem to have been mentioned anywhere...

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/5353/

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/5354/

Credit to DDSTranslation for their amazing work.
FYI: the first Gabare Goemon was released in the US as The Legend of the Mystical Ninja.

This is sweet and sour news, because we don't know what will happen with Goemon 4 and the rest of pending fantranslations in which Tom was collaborating as a translator (Zill Ol' Ill, etc), with all that happened because of some word in a Goemon 3 dialog that has caused and uproar in some LGTB rights activist groups on Resetera, to the point that Tom has decided to quit his rom translation hobby due to having received harassment from those activists.

Let's hope Tom reconsider all this in due time, because he is/was one of the better and most comitted fantranslators in the scene currently. There are very few people willing to fantranslate old school jrpgs currently (and for free, on top of that), so losing the very few there are is such a big loss.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:26 am 
Site Admin

I am really getting tired of all these "SJW" liberals trying to act as the language police and complaining about everything. I bet that most of them didn't even bother playing these games at all. They simply must have seen someone post a screen shot on social media and decided to go on the offensive. Such was the case with SSMS where someone posted an image on Twitter and others began launching endless complaints on both D-D and RHDN. Even now, there's still those that continue to harass us and especially Wildbill about our translation. These fools are bringing an end to the romhacking scene with their foolishness and entitled self-righteous behavior. Quite a few romhackers have already called it quits or are considering it because of people such as these. Learn to take a joke and stop complaining about everything. Do something else with your free time. This is nothing more than a war on freedom of free speech. Enough already with this liberal inquisition. How dare you people call yourselves "democratic" when you are so intolerant of other people's views and opinions? You don't even give a damn what others think. The liberal strategy is merely "agree with us or we'll shut you up for good". You are the aggressors here, get lost! If you've got nothing positive to contribute, then go elsewhere with your pointless complaints.

Note: The thread with the complaint on RHDN that was previously locked about the Goemon 2 and 3 translation has now been deleted. At least I'm glad that the translations weren't removed as they demanded. Seriously, to just pop out of nowhere and make such demands is simply shameless. Not to mention how they constantly harass people like those that worked on this translation...

Edit: Just some proof about how bad the liberal moderation is at RHDN. MrRichard999 and Byuu have similar stories to tell about how they both got banned for no valid/good reason.
https://www.reddit.com/r/kotakuinaction2/comments/birse3/woke_hobby_site_romhackingnet_in_trouble_for/

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:01 pm 

I've just seen that Tom has deleted his Twitter account. I've never felt such intense hatred toward something before. Harassing a guy just for having translated a thing verbatim (so what if the original word was kind of homofobic? Take your complaints to Konami, don't put the blame on the fantranslator! The only thing he has done is doing an accurate translation!!).

Tom was a hardworking person who loved classic videogames and was going to work on the Tengai Makyou saga, one I've been waiting to play in English for a long time. Now all that has gone down the drain, because of some stupid brats who have nothing to do in life but feeling offended by everything (I don't mind their political affiliations, they've behaved like scumbags regardless). I feel furious, sad and nauseated at the same time. This whole mess has been pathetic.

Last edited by akualung on Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:29 am 

I'd say it's good that he left Twitter for now. It's better to just have some time to yourself and think things over. Perhaps he reconsiders at some point in the future. Too bad some projects will likely be cancelled anyway (Zill O'll in particular hurts), but that was inevitable in these circumstances. I hope DDS finishes Tom's work on Goemon 4 and Ebisumaru, but I can't really blame Tom for quitting completely. The only (somewhat) good thing about it is that I've seen more people doing work on other Goemon games (PS1, GBC etc.), both to honour Tom's efforts and to bring them into the spotlight more.

It's a shame what the Internet has become, but this was to be expected in my opinion. That's why it's always useful to have a given game tested by more people, since someone may notice things others wouldn't. Either way, getting dogpiled on is never a proper response to issues people may have with someone or his work. This is a wider problem with the modern callout/cancel culture we have created.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:01 am 
Site Admin

I do not blame anyone for not putting up with any shenanigans by any of these people that would rather spend time complaining the being productive. We've had our share of shade thrown at us around here over the years for various things. We decided to press through it, but I do not look down on anyone who decides it isn't worth it. At the end of the day, there are two ways to look at a game you've finished. You can look at it in the light of: I did all I could to please all the people I possibly could with my work. Or you can look at it in the light of: I've done the work I wanted to do and released the game the way I wanted it to be. The latter tends to be much more fulfilling and help you shrug off some of the bull. However, lets be clear. This is not easy. It doesn't pay a thing. In fact, it usually winds up costing someone a small amount to run websites and such. At the end of the day, you've done a lot of work for little personal gain and when you get hated on, I don't blame anyone for walking away. These people bashing could become productive and do the work and retranslate the game, but it is much easier to complain.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:34 am 

OH GOD!

logs in for 1st time in ages to find Bongo has left D-D and now THIS crap from SJWs about Tom's amazing translations, I wondered where his twitter had gone.. >.> i'm starting to HATE this world even more than what I already do.. people are just getting worse and worse.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:52 pm 
Site Admin

I have just one sentence to share...

"Have any of you tried a Tarrytown doughnut lately?"

(Hee-hee...! Hang tough, amigos! We have more than enough love around here to sustain us against the evils of the outside world.)