Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Game Music that Caught Your Ear
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:48 pm 
Site Admin

Figured I should start a new thread in which people can post links to tracks they've heard in games they've recently been playing. Not just any old musical track, but one that clearly stands out as exceptional (or one that has gotten caught up inside your head).

Let me begin with the track Flaming Bonds are Being Tested from Tales of Zestiria. Right before I started this game, I had heard that even if the story and gameplay were 'blah', you should at least play it for the soundtrack (I'm a sucker for good music). I had been enjoying the soundtrack a lot while playing, but when I finally reached the Fire Shrine, and heard the aforementioned song, I was blown away. It almost doesn't really seem to fit with the rest of the game's soundtrack, but it is a welcomed addition. Go Shiina is one hell of a composer! So, turn your speakers up, and go have a listen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nsDUPGU5Nw

Post subject: Re: Game Music that Caught Your Ear
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:30 pm 
Site Admin

My favorite piece and the one I still can't get out of my head after all these years is the Sega CD Lunar 1 Tragic Piano Piece. This will likely always be my favorite piece of music from Video Games. It is just a simple yet extremely well written piano piece like I've never heard before or since in gaming. The fact it was written to drag just made it feel that much more sad. It was sad that Game Arts didn't recognize its greatness and cut it out of the remake. I know Working Designs worked it back into the game in the US but where they put it as a FMV background piece it just lacked the original punch that it had on Sega CD. Then again, I'm a very outspoken person about all Lunar attempted remakes being far inferior to the original. Proof that you should never fix what isn't broken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU2KuLetRsY

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:18 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, I love a good, sad piano tune. Really makes me want to replay those first two Lunar games. It's been so long.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:00 pm 
Site Admin

Good stuff. Lunar made a huge impression on me when I was in my early teens.

Kenji Kawai is possibly my favorite composer. In addition to his anime work, he's done some great game soundtracks. I've always been fond of his work on Team Innocent.

All the stuff on this soundtrack is good, track 3 is particularly upbeat and fun.
https://youtu.be/89G0CnCYB9o?t=3m53s

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:43 am 

Part of the intro music from Last Bible 3. I don't recall it, but I swear I've fired this game up when I was a kid, even if back then I couldn't have got much farther than the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bANUQ_OokCc&index=4&list=PL-vD6rIjXrcLLRZfZToXw7ul7E8ap_LSC

I always start humming certain themes in Mystic Ark when hearing them. Sad to know such a talented composer passed away only a few years after. Like much of the soundtrack the ending made great use of developing the "goddess temple" theme and it's very uplifting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p15sMVcmXRQ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:29 am 

Regarding Tales of Zestria, this was the first Tales game for me in a while that had a number of good musical pieces. Most of them didn't appear until later in the game, but the elemental shrines (my favorite being the wind one) were excellent.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:56 am 
Site Admin

@hausen: That Last Bible track started off a little "meh", but got really good after the first 10 seconds or so.

@ultpaladin: Yes!! I've completed all the temples now in Zesteria, and they had some REALLY good tracks (all by Shiina, I see). I've really liked the game so far... I don't really see why it got so much hate. Oh, and just to put everyone's mind at ease, once I beat Tales of Zestiria, I plan to fully commit myself to completing G.O.D. (at least everything I can do on my end. I never know how busy of free Bongo` will be)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:35 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
@hausen: That Last Bible track started off a little "meh", but got really good after the first 10 seconds or so.

@ultpaladin: Yes!! I've completed all the temples now in Zesteria, and they had some REALLY good tracks (all by Shiina, I see). I've really liked the game so far... I don't really see why it got so much hate. Oh, and just to put everyone's mind at ease, once I beat Tales of Zestiria, I plan to fully commit myself to completing G.O.D. (at least everything I can do on my end. I never know how busy of free Bongo` will be)

Lol. School, school, and uhhh school. :D I am doing a public speaking class right now. Last night I had to give my culture speech... It was on the ROMHacking culture. Lol. A classmate asked me if I ha e tried hacking 3DS yet because he has had no luck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:36 pm 
Site Admin

Game music?? Phantasy Star 2!!! I hear any tra k and know that game for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:03 pm 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:
Lol. School, school, and uhhh school. :D I am doing a public speaking class right now. Last night I had to give my culture speech... It was on the ROMHacking culture. Lol. A classmate asked me if I ha e tried hacking 3DS yet because he has had no luck. :lol:

That's awesome! Good luck with school.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB