Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Mass Effect 3's Ending...Your thoughts?(Spoiler)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:10 am 

I just finished the final Mass Effect game and wanted to give my thoughts of the full trilogy (please use spoilers tag if you can there's been much 'controversy' about the games ending.)

Spoiler! :
When it comes to delivering a GREAT detailed and fantastic story, the ME series game did a great job and I'm sure touched many peoples hearts. You(I) felt connected to the characters and there were many paths that the player could take that would effect them in the end. When ME3 came out, it was all about the big battle against the reapers and the fight for life. Which made sense, many people however; argued that the matter of 'choice' was taken out when it came to the games big ending. I for one can see why so many people were upset with the ending. I wasn't upset per say, but I can say I was very disappointed. You do get a choice in the end, but regardless what choice you pick the main characters fate is the same: you become a Martyr.

I suppose its a 'fitting' ending for the Shepard character all the work just to die in the end, similar to how Commander Cisco has to die to stop the dominion to become a god (Star trek DS9). I only viewed one of the endings, but seeing regardless what choice you make you come to the same conclusion which as is, was pretty vague and left it wide open. The way I see this ending, imagine if they never made a 4th season to Star Trek Enterprise, you would just be left without so much closure you wouldn't know where to go. This analogy won't make sense to those who haven't seen the series but if you have, you know what I mean. To boil it down in another translation imagine a GREAT story that needs to be finished in another season but the network canceled it in the end leaving only your imagiaton what really happened? This is how I think ME3 and its trilogy of a great story ended. While it gave a closure of the fate of the reapers, it wasn't straight forward with the characters, history, and of course that mysterious boy at the end of ME3.

I the end; I enjoyed all three games, but the way the game ended in the end leaves much to be desired and it's a shame it ended that way.

So that's my thoughts. What are yours?

Post subject: Re: Mass Effect 3's Ending...Your thoughts?(Spoiler)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:23 am 

I'm not sure if anyone here has actually played Mass Effect. I have the whole trilogy in my backlog so eventually I may comment on the ending, but my backlog is pretty long.....

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

Post subject: Re: Mass Effect 3's Ending...Your thoughts?(Spoiler)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:26 am 

Well it IS an RPG, and most of the games here ARE RPGS...so :)

ultpaladin wrote:
I'm not sure if anyone here has actually played Mass Effect. I have the whole trilogy in my backlog so eventually I may comment on the ending, but my backlog is pretty long.....

To quote the saying "Too many games....not enough time" :D