Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
Post subject: Favourite game soundtrack?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:41 pm
Posts: 71
Location: United Kingdom
I am terribly sorry if I am making too many of these topics. I will stop immediately if you'd prefer!

Anyway, I'd really like to know your favourite soundtrack from games. If you'd want to know mine, I'd have to list;

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Chrono Trigger
Dragon Quest V
Final Fantasy 4, 5 & 6
Final Fantasy Adventure
Final Fantasy Legends II
Mother 3
Soul Blazer
Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1 & 2
Tales of Phantasia & Destiny
Terranigma

I also really like the soundtrack to Light Fantasy, GD Leen, and the Romancing Sa・Ga games, though I have not played them.


Backloggery :: Youtube


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Favourite game soundtrack?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:05 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:49 am
Posts: 1319
Location: Oklahoma City
Lunar I and II (though Sega CD is better than PSX version which is why WD tried to work in as much of the original music as they could)
Top Gear SNES (IMO some of the most impressive SNES music ever, as well as the absolute best SNES racer ever)
Final Fantasy IV (ditto to last statement, I like some other Final Fantasy stuff but IV was by far the best)
Persona 3 and 4 (Excellent highly original soundtracks)
Super Mario Brothers/World
Donkey Kong Country (all) and 64
King's Quest series (and generally sierra's old point and click stuff in general)
Maybe Cool Spot (wasn't a great stand alone soundtrack but really matched the game well)

Hmm, I'm having a hard time thinking of anything else I'd say I enjoyed the soundtrack of. Maybe I'll post more after I think on it some. At least you can see I thought outside the box :)


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Favourite game soundtrack?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:37 pm
Posts: 436
For myself

Ultima 5 Lazarus (an Ultima 5 remake that totally redid the soundtrack)
Skies of Arcadia
Shining Force 3
Xenogears
Star Ocean 2 and 3
Final Fantasy 4, 6, 9 and Tactics
Wild Arms


Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Favourite game soundtrack?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:01 pm
Posts: 181
Axelay is *very* hard to beat. Great tunes combined with great in-game choreography make for a truly astounding package.


Image
Aeon Genesis ~ Guns guns guns! Yar ho hee har har!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Favourite game soundtrack?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:38 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:54 pm
Posts: 2255
Location: Virginia
Dragon Quest series and Lennus-II.

http://www.dynamic-designs.us/lennus2/Lennus-II-52-Staff_Roll.mp3


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Favourite game soundtrack?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:41 pm
Posts: 71
Location: United Kingdom
Wasn't the Lennus 2 ending song around 17 minutes? That's what It said on the playlist.

Throughout my SNES music collection, that's the longest single track I have!


Backloggery :: Youtube


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Favourite game soundtrack?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:11 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:54 pm
Posts: 2255
Location: Virginia
Zetshiro wrote:
Wasn't the Lennus 2 ending song around 17 minutes? That's what It said on the playlist.

Throughout my SNES music collection, that's the longest single track I have!
The one I made and linked (Staff Roll) is 14:33. Its WAV file is 147 MB in size, but I uploaded an MP3 conversion (13.3 MB). I also made a music CD of the whole Lennus-II soundtrack and play it along with my collection of Mozart and Vivaldi while tooling down the highway. Sometimes, people hear it and say, "Wow, what's that!? Something from a movie I missed?" Also, a number of the L-II tracks even won music awards in Japan. I wasn't surprised to learn that. The L-II music and story make the game, but some people get hung up on the battle engine and the palette colors.


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Favourite game soundtrack?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:32 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:49 am
Posts: 1319
Location: Oklahoma City
Wildbill wrote:
Zetshiro wrote:
Wasn't the Lennus 2 ending song around 17 minutes? That's what It said on the playlist.

Throughout my SNES music collection, that's the longest single track I have!
The one I made and linked (Staff Roll) is 14:33. Its WAV file is 147 MB in size, but I uploaded an MP3 conversion (13.3 MB). I also made a music CD of the whole Lennus-II soundtrack and play it along with my collection of Mozart and Vivaldi while tooling down the highway. Sometimes, people hear it and say, "Wow, what's that!? Something from a movie I missed?" Also, a number of the L-II tracks even won music awards in Japan. I wasn't surprised to learn that. The L-II music and story make the game, but some people get hung up on the battle engine and the palette colors.


Palette colors were terrific. Battle engine was awful. AWFUL!

And just so I'm staying on topic, I wish I could say I liked the music, but I really didn't like it at all personally. That game just wasn't for me.


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Favourite game soundtrack?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:34 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:54 pm
Posts: 2255
Location: Virginia
taskforce wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
Zetshiro wrote:
Wasn't the Lennus 2 ending song around 17 minutes? That's what It said on the playlist.

Throughout my SNES music collection, that's the longest single track I have!
The one I made and linked (Staff Roll) is 14:33. Its WAV file is 147 MB in size, but I uploaded an MP3 conversion (13.3 MB). I also made a music CD of the whole Lennus-II soundtrack and play it along with my collection of Mozart and Vivaldi while tooling down the highway. Sometimes, people hear it and say, "Wow, what's that!? Something from a movie I missed?" Also, a number of the L-II tracks even won music awards in Japan. I wasn't surprised to learn that. The L-II music and story make the game, but some people get hung up on the battle engine and the palette colors.


Palette colors were terrific. Battle engine was awful. AWFUL!

And just so I'm staying on topic, I wish I could say I liked the music, but I really didn't like it at all personally. That game just wasn't for me.
If all battle engines were the same, this whole RPG thing might get a little boring. But one battle engine I dislike immensely is FF-IV's because it's not true turn-based. Sometimes, while I'm thinking about what I want to do, or pausing to answer the phone, etc., or half-playing and half dozing and constantly dropping the controller/PSP/NDS on my chest, the dratted enemies keep whaling away at me! Or, if I dial up a preemptive strike and don't use lightning fast fingers, my preemptive strike degrades into an enemy ambush. Square really botched FF-IV's battle engine, in my opinion, but the story is pretty good, and the FF-IV soundtrack is superb. So, I grit my teeth with FF-IV for the PSP, forge ahead, and make lots of saves in case I drift off during my limited playing time late in the evenings.


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Favourite game soundtrack?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:41 pm
Posts: 71
Location: United Kingdom
I'd also have to list Suikoden, I just finished it a few minutes ago. That had a fantastic soundtrack.


Backloggery :: Youtube


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group