Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Favourite game soundtrack?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:20 pm 

Wildbill wrote:
The L-II music and story make the game, but some people get hung up on the battle engine and the palette colors.

Want to play the first game first, but you got to admit Enix' localization wasn't exactly the greatest ever, either. :P
Such as the confusing item names.
And the last time I tried to play it, my SNES didn't want me to, and randomly cut the power. :D (though I'd blame that more on the loose no-brand AC I was using at the time, not the first time I'd had power-supply issues)
My NES controller also had something against Willow, acting up each time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:52 pm 
Site Admin

KingMike wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
The L-II music and story make the game, but some people get hung up on the battle engine and the palette colors.

Want to play the first game first, but you got to admit Enix' localization wasn't exactly the greatest ever, either. :P
Such as the confusing item names.
And the last time I tried to play it, my SNES didn't want me to, and randomly cut the power. :D (though I'd blame that more on the loose no-brand AC I was using at the time, not the first time I'd had power-supply issues)
My NES controller also had something against Willow, acting up each time.
Oh, yes! I enjoyed Willow a few years ago. As for Paladin's Quest, Drakee and I are entertaining the idea of re-doing the story with long names and such. We need a certain someone to set us up with the needed mods and insertion system. Finally, this fine lady, princesselushia (http://www.youtube.com/user/princesselushia), said at the following link under "Channel Comments" (http://www.youtube.com/user/wildbilldd) that Lennus-II was the best game she ever played. It was really exciting to hear someone say that!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:36 am 

I enjoyed Lennus 2's battle engine at first, I thought it was really innovative. Though after some time I found it to be a bit of a drag, then I ended up just hitting right on the d-pad constantly - as that selects fight, then the weapon - just to skip it all! Haha.

As for the soundtrack, sometimes I'll really enjoy it, other times I wont. It has a very unique feel, I've never played a game with such a mysterious, and dangerous atmosphere, the music and choice of colours make it that. It's quite hard to describe!

Oh yeah, and Suikoden II's soundtrack was amazing. I wanna list that as well. :lol:

Backloggery :: Youtube