Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Halloween Weekend Resident Evil Marathon
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:51 am 
Site Admin

Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know that I'm taking a break from working on the Slayers game this Halloween weekend to play a Resident Evil marathon starting on Sunday November 1st. I'll be playing games 0, 1, 2, 3, Code Veronica, 4, and 5 if I can make it that far. I'll be taking short eating and sleeping breaks but otherwise I'll be playing the games straight through and streaming my game-play online. I'm making the event a benefit for some folks in my town who lost everything to a fire that took an apartment building just recently. Please consider donating some money if you can spare it, but even if you can't I hope you'll stop by and say hi and cheer me on as I fight my way out of Raccoon City and beyond. Come watch this event on http://www.residentaid.org/ on Sunday and Monday!

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

Post subject: Re: Halloween Weekend Resident Evil Marathon
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:08 am 

Its a very noble initiative (not to mention smart, helping people while blasting zombies? oh joy!)
We'll be rooting for you, that's for certain.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:10 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know that I'm taking a break from working on the Slayers game this Halloween weekend to play a Resident Evil marathon starting on Sunday November 1st. I'll be playing games 0, 1, 2, 3, Code Veronica, 4, and 5 if I can make it that far. I'll be taking short eating and sleeping breaks but otherwise I'll be playing the games straight through and streaming my game-play online. I'm making the event a benefit for some folks in my town who lost everything to a fire that took an apartment building just recently. Please consider donating some money if you can spare it, but even if you can't I hope you'll stop by and say hi and cheer me on as I fight my way out of Raccoon City and beyond. Come watch this event on http://www.residentaid.org/ on Sunday and Monday!

Matt, I am getting this error message when I click on the Paypal logo: We were unable to decrypt the certificate id.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:12 am 
Site Admin

Thank you so much! That's what I get for not trying it out sooner. :P It had to do with the way line breaks are dealt with in the pasted code. Should be all fixed now. :)

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:05 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
Thank you so much! That's what I get for not trying it out sooner. :P It had to do with the way line breaks are dealt with in the pasted code. Should be all fixed now. :)

It works. Mine should be in the system, and it is not anonymous.

Since you will be busy for the next few days, do you want me to try to work on some of those menu files?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:14 pm 
filler wrote:

The "Code Veronica" is my favorite on the series.

On a side note, if you like killing zombies, you should consider playing "Zombie Infection" for mobile phones.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3098/313 ... 4dd6_o.gif

It looks pretty cool.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:32 pm 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
filler wrote:

It works. Mine should be in the system, and it is not anonymous.

Since you will be busy for the next few days, do you want me to try to work on some of those menu files?

That would be awesome. And thanks for the donation and again for catching that error. I've added you to the donors list. :)

Lalakoboldslayer: That game looks sweet! There is a game that looks like that on PSN but it's the Geometry Wars style shoot-in-the-direction-you-move kind of game which I'm not very good at. :(

Code Veronica is also a favorite of mine, though it took me a few times to beat the game initially. I think it's the most like RE2 in terms of the quality of the characters and the narrative. I kind of wish they'd bring back the playing through with a different character for a different perspective on the story aspect that they had in 1 and 2. 5 is really good though so I can't complain.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:28 pm 
Site Admin

Don't forget Left 4 Dead for killing a few of those Zombie scum.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:55 pm 
Site Admin

Taskforce, is your avatar clip from Sister Princess? I keep meaning to play more of those games. I played just a little of the first one on the Playstation and I enjoyed what I played. I've also watched a bit of the anime which is really cute.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:16 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, this scene is (IMO) one of the funniest in the anime series. It happens in ep 17. It is just this random scene that pops up out of the blue to fill time (the ep isn't even about Aria or Shirayuki, just that one scene is) I personally thought Aria's character and personality is one of the cutest ever made in anime or games. (For the one person who's mind is in the gutter right now, I meant that just how I said it. CUTE! And before you get thoughts otherwise remember she's like 8 years old you sicko ^_^) (This isn't referring to anyone in particular, but just a general observation in case)

I love the series, though the ending might be a bit suspect to some, it didn't bring my enjoyment of it down any (haven't had a chance to play the games)