Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:33 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: NDS or PSP: Which Is Better?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:17 pm 

I was looking at The Legend of Heroes games before, but I dismissed it because I thought it was another S/TRPG.
From reading about it more, and watching a few gameplay videos, I would say that the battle system is alot like Lunar? Which is pretty good. Though I'm sure it'll be quite hard to get used to. :lol:

I'll certainly give it a try when I can!

Thank you.

Backloggery :: Youtube

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:06 am 
Site Admin

No no. Its a straight up turn based system. Been a while since I played it but I'm almost positive it had no grids what so ever. So, no worries it was a really simple battle system that didn't get in the way of the game in any way. Trust me, I hate strategy/tactical RPG's. So I'm not likely to steer you toward many. Except maybe our in house translated ones :) And possibly Arc the Lad or other ones with just so awesome of a story it can't be missed :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:58 am 

There is some kind of movement system like Lunar. Characters can only attack an enemy if it is in their movement range, at least thats the case for the first Legend of Heroes.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:12 pm 
Site Admin

Been a while that could be the case so if it is sorry. If it was though, it was at most a lunar like system. Maybe I should get out my PSP and play it again or play the new one even. haven't touched my PSP since Hexyz Force came out. Since its now semi-broken. (The navigation bar is broken but I have start and select mapped to the R1 and L1 keys I can activate when needed.)

Too much hassle to fix it again with cheap Chinese parts that break 2 weeks later.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:13 am 

From some gameplay footage it looked like how Ultpaladin described it: Characters can only attack an enemy if it's in their movement range.

I'll most likely give it a try next time I'm looking for a game to play. Which is pretty often!

Taskforce, there isn't a need to say sorry, I should be thanking you for recommending me those games in the first place. I now have something else to look forward to!

Haha, and those other games I look forward to being most Dynamic-Designs projects!

Backloggery :: Youtube

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:20 am 

Must be some confusion.
Legend of Heroes I PSP is what... the fourth LoH. Looks like it might be strategy-ish from a youtube video.
But the actual LoH1 (only localized on TG16-CD) appears to be a standard RPG, or at least it was when I attempted to play the SFC and MD versions)
(and I still wonder what happened and why it's not on Virtual Console already, when Ys 1+2 was. It was made by the same companies, or did Bandai's publishing rights on the PSP games somehow prevent that?)