Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 419 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 42  Next
Post subject: Re: What games are you currently playing
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:08 am 

I finished Dragon Quest 7 and I'm close to finishing Tales of Zestiria. I'm also well into Final Fantasy 15. Not going to have much free time for a few months soon though so I doubt I'll finish FF15 until summer time.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:02 am 
Site Admin

What do you think of Zesteria? I know that it has received less than favorable reviews, but I plan on playing it eventually (it's next up on my "Tales of" play trough once I beat Xillia 2)

I recently beat FFXV and really enjoyed it. It's been a pretty polarizing game, but I had TONS of fun despite the flaws.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:53 am 

Zestiria is probably my least favorite Tales game although my opinion of it has gone up as I played through it. The designers experimented with too many things and made too much of a mess, especially in the equipment system.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:19 pm 

Tales Of Berseria - in like 50 mins, it gets released on STEAM then :) can't WAIT!

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:38 am 
Site Admin

@ultpaladin - Yeah, I was really considering skipping it before I heard that the world is greatly connected (same?) as the one in Berseria, so I guess I'll have to slog through it.

@SylearDean - Been hearing really good things about this game. Definitely looking forward to it! Any impressions so far?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:49 pm 

Finished 'Tales of Berseria'.. what a game, great story, great animations, graphics are super anime-like and music is fantastic.. I defo recommend this game if your a Tales of.. fan.

Im now currently playing through the NEW snes english patch release of.. 3x3 Eyes: Juuma Houkan. it's a great game, battles are super weird but fun with great anime-like animation
attacks. The story translation itself, well.. one minute it's fine then the next ur thinking.. "WTF ARE THEY ON ABOUT?" the translation is NOT very good at all, in fact, if this project
was mine.. I certainly would NOT have released it in this state. Clearly the guys behind this translation didnt get someone with a strong English backgroud to check over the script,
it REALLY is that bad.

Besides the script not being up to scratch.. the game itself is really cool, so I recommend you try that one out also if you havent yet, the game is pretty short.. only 4 chapter, but
at the end of chapter 1 your left with a choice.. to fight two girls or not.. depending on what you choose.. chapter 2's area will change (Nepal or Tibet) and also apparently it changes
the ending also, so the game has 2 endings to see.

link to patch... http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2835/

link to my sanctuary page for it, which I started yesterday... http://snesrpggaming.weebly.com/3x3-eyes.html

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:53 pm 

SylarDean wrote:
Finished 'Tales of Berseria'.. what a game, great story, great animations, graphics are super anime-like and music is fantastic.. I defo recommend this game if your a Tales of.. fan.

Im now currently playing through the NEW snes english patch release of.. 3x3 Eyes: Juuma Houkan. it's a great game, battles are super weird but fun with great anime-like animation
attacks. The story translation itself, well.. one minute it's fine then the next ur thinking.. "WTF ARE THEY ON ABOUT?" the translation is NOT very good at all, in fact, if this project
was mine.. I certainly would NOT have released it in this state. Clearly the guys behind this translation didnt get someone with a strong English backgroud to check over the script,
it REALLY is that bad.

Besides the script not being up to scratch.. the game itself is really cool, so I recommend you try that one out also if you havent yet, the game is pretty short.. only 4 chapter, but
at the end of chapter 1 your left with a choice.. to fight two girls or not.. depending on what you choose.. chapter 2's area will change (Nepal or Tibet) and also apparently it changes

link to my sanctuary page for it, which I started yesterday... http://snesrpggaming.weebly.com/3x3-eyes.html

thanks for making a walkthrough.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:58 pm 

umegamer wrote:
SylarDean wrote:

it REALLY is that bad.

thanks for making a walkthrough.

NP, just finished chapter 2b's guide which was annoying as hell.. i only managed to find 2 'Blue Talismans' so im pretty sure iv'e missed loads on that chapter. So, onto chapter 3
(which is the longest chapter apparently), and then chapter 4 which is simply just running across a screen to the end boss. I know a LOT of people were having problems with
'Blue Talismans' on chapter one for the rest of the chapters with people saying they can only find a few.. lol, well my guide manages to find you 25 in chapter 1 alone. After 3 and 4
chapters are done I will go back and recheck chapter 2b for more blue talismans cos surely there must be more than just 2, AND I never actually found out what you do with the 'Golden
incense candle' you get in the shrine, i just completed the level and had it still in my bag at start of chapter 3.. im wondering if you head back to the chapter's starting village and hand
it to someone for more 'blue talismans' before heading to the chapter's end boss maybe ??? like what you do with the diary in chapter 1 before jumping down into the sewers.. a side quest
of sorts.

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:21 pm 

LMAO! after 30 odd years.. i'm FINALLY getting around to playing 'Zelda 2' on the NES. Man! the monsters are so unforgiving in their quest to destroy you, i've HAD to use infinite lives code, the game is SO hard. I have heard MANY stories about this game and how much it is hated on cos of the changes made from the first Zelda game. I think it's not such a bad game other than how hard it bloody is. I think if Nintendo had spent the time on actually balancing the enemies difficulty better, making text appear much quicker and faster, and the controls better when in towns I think the game wouldn't have such a bad rep as it has.. i'm quite enjoying it other than those few problems.

Makes me laugh actually, I have SO MANY Steam RPG games I have bought but not played yet cos I just keep wanting to return to all the classics systems, dunno if it's a good thing or a bad thing cos i'm spending money on games i've not even played yet.. HAHA! 90+ games on my STEAM list and I have only actually finished 3 of them.. LMAO! other than all the classic Final Fantasy games for STEAM cos I finished those on the original consoles.

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:52 pm 
Site Admin

Don't talk to me about backlogs, because mine is friggin' huge!

I recently finished Xillia 2 and Rain both on my old PS3 fat console. Hard to believe that old machine can still run. Damn it sure puts out a lot of hot air, though. I started playing Wild Arms PSone classic on it, but it was still way hot, so I decided to move my save over to the PC and just emulate the game. Probably saving a ton of money on electricity, not to mention extending the console's life ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 419 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 42  Next