Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 419 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 42  Next
Post subject: Re: What games are you currently playing
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:06 am 
Site Admin

btw- I beat Uncharted 2, and now I know why it won game of the year. What an action-packed tour de force!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:35 pm 

Shining Force III Scenario 3 for Saturn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:34 am 

I just finished Star Ocean 4, but I have several bonus dungeons, the Coliseum and more item creation to do. I also need to earn some more battle trophies for several of my characters so the level cap is removed. You have to get 50% of a character's trophies to remove the cap. I think it would take someone a 1000 hours to get every trophy for every character, I just get the easiest 50 for each character.

Magna Carta 2 is next. I have a few hours on it but have not reached a point where I have several party members that are not guests and thus I cannot control them. I can't really make a judgment on the battle system until then.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:56 pm 
Finished playing Magic Knight Rayearth for Saturn, just started playing Kessen-III for PS2 and Arc the Lad for PSX.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:06 am 
Site Admin

Lalakoboldslayer wrote:
Finished playing Magic Knight Rayearth for Saturn, just started playing Kessen-III for PS2 and Arc the Lad for PSX.
I envy you guys! I write on a Slayers segment for six hours, then when I believe it's 98% polished, I play through the whole sequence in about 7 minutes flat!

If DQ-VIe NDS were released, however, I'd drop all project work for two weeks! Way it is, I just don't have very much time for playing games we're not doing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:31 pm 
Wildbill wrote:
Lalakoboldslayer wrote:
I envy you guys! I write on a Slayers segment for six hours, then when I believe it's 98% polished, I play through the whole sequence in about 7 minutes flat!

If DQ-VIe NDS were released, however, I'd drop all project work for two weeks! Way it is, I just don't have very much time for playing games we're not doing.

Lol, It's not like that, I don't play as much as I would like. You know, work and "other things" ...

I'm usually taking one month to finish a RPG nowadays, what's important it's to never give up, even if you play just 5 minutes a day, you're still making progress.

Just remember, "baby steps"

Last edited by Lalakoboldslayer on Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:59 am 
Site Admin

I make time to play a game every once in a while... Right now, I've got nothing, so I'm focusing attention back to Chaos Seed. However, I'm very worried about Jan/Feb/Mar because there are so many rpgs coming out that I will want to play. My focus will definitely shift a little bit. heh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:29 pm 

Lalakoboldslayer wrote:
It's not like that, I don't play as much as I would like. You know, work and "other things" ...

I'm usually taking one month to finish a RPG nowadays, what's important it's to never give up, even if you play just 5 minutes a day, you're still making progress.

Just remember, "baby steps"

^This.

I find it so hard to find the time to play an RPG that isn't on a handheld these days, and between college, raising two kids under 3, and other "life" stuff, it's rare that I have the energy play anything at all. And with RPGs, if I put it down for too long, it just doesn't get picked back up again (Final Fantasy XII I'm looking at you...)

So yes, Baby steps are the way to go (unless theres a deadline or the kids have chicken pox.... hmm, maybe I should start organizing my schedule, with RPG dedicated time slots....)

Still, I'm getting a psp for christmas, as I understand that they can run emulators? snes emulator + Handheld console (Duvet/long winter nights) = Happy Hollytron.

http://hollytron.etsy.com

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:01 pm 

Im playing Eternal Sonata on my PS3 and I cant wait til March when I'll finally have some games like White Knight Chronicles, FF13 and Star Ocean 4 to play. I also got Dragon Age Origins for Xmas :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:30 pm 

LakersFan2010 wrote:
Im playing Eternal Sonata on my PS3 and I cant wait til March when I'll finally have some games like White Knight Chronicles, FF13 and Star Ocean 4 to play. I also got Dragon Age Origins for Xmas :D

I hear good things about Dragon Age, But then it is bioware, who have a pretty solid reputation.

I got my PSP and Crisis Core, which I'm enjoying despite myself. Beautiful Graphics, but do all the new character designs for FFVII look too... cheekbony? Or is it just me?

http://hollytron.etsy.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 419 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 42  Next