Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Taskforce - Disk patching question
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:43 am 

I wanted to check and make sure I am doing this right. I patched an ISO before but I'm pretty sure it would only work on an emulator so I wanted to make sure I'm doing these steps in the right order and using the right programs so it will actually work on my PS2 system.

1. I got the game Tales of Destiny 2 into an ISO form (it reads as a "Magic ISO document")

2. I then patched the game with the menu patch from Phantasian productions using the xdelta3 program that came with the patch to create an ISO with the English menu patch (I tested it on an emulator and it worked). This file also reads as a "Magic ISO document."

3. I then used the ESR disk patcher program on the TOD2 ISO that is already patched with the English menu patch.

4. I then burn this ISO on to a DVD using the program DVD Decrytor.

Are these the right steps? I wasn't sure if I should be "patching" twice or if the "magic iso document" format is ok.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

Post subject: Re: Taskforce - Disk patching question
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:14 am 
Site Admin

Yes, that is the right procedure.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:49 am 

Thanks for the help, I just received the memory card in the mail today and the original disks I created didn't work on the PS2 but the new ones with the extra program you suggested worked perfectly. Oddly enough though, the original Japanese games do not work so I have to make a backup copy of those games as well.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:35 am 
Site Admin

Right, this trick will only work with backups (because the discs MUST have a video_ts and audio_ts folder in a session on the disc to fake being a DVD Video) Original games will not have these and this is what that patching program does.