Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: RPG Maker and DD community's game project?
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:26 pm 

Wildbill,

I'm pretty sure kvachu meant his comment in a positive way and was just trying to encourage Taskforce to share his ideas, hence the smiley faces he included in his message. Also sometimes things can be lost in translation on this board since we have people from across the world here.

If this kind of project ever did get off the ground, it would probably be a good idea to figure out what engine you would use for the game, heck maybe you could even do what Robert Boyd did and put it on Xbox Live.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:49 pm 

Wildbill wrote:
Whoa, Pal! The sort of teamwork we would need to make this thing fly must start with respect!!

If I wrote something wrong I apologize, but I didn't mean to, like ultpaladin said.

If about platform I can be helpful only with RM.

[EDIT]
Forgot something:
Wildbill wrote:
If we were to embark upon a original RPG, absolute secrecy would be required by the team because of that uniqueness TF mentioned.

A team could use IRC or this forum, because phpBB allows hidden subforums.

Last edited by kvachu on Mon May 17, 2010 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:21 pm 
Site Admin

Yep, I passed on the idea to the person thinking on the story development of the project. (Namely Wildbill), and I'm sure he'll feel free to share it with whom it would need to be shared at the proper time (assuming it was even used.) I never meant I was going to keep it to myself. Only that I wasn't comfortable airing the idea in an open place as it was something I think is pretty unique even if it was just a vague concept. Certainly if we did pursue this in the future, the idea would be aired to the public, but at that time, it would be at a point where development is underway. Heck, if nothing comes of things, at the time I'd be perfectly happy providing the idea to those with more ambition to follow up on it. I'm just not comfortable doing so until we've decided we aren't using it.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:08 am 
Site Admin

kvachu wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
Whoa, Pal! The sort of teamwork we would need to make this thing fly must start with respect!!

If I wrote something wrong I apologize, but I didn't mean to, like ultpaladin said.

If about platform I can be helpful only with RM.

[EDIT]
Forgot something:
Wildbill wrote:
If we were to embark upon a original RPG, absolute secrecy would be required by the team because of that uniqueness TF mentioned.

A team could use IRC or this forum, because phpBB allows hidden subforums.
Nah, kvachu, you're good. I guess I'm sorta over-protective of the crew. Sometimes, I tend to forget I'm not in a place I used to be. (Play Feda, for a metaphorical example...)

So, Taskforce's idea is basically simple, yet so unique, it's revolutionary. If we could pull it off, it might even change RPG history. As I mentioned, I am writing an abstract of its premise and plot, based almost exactly on what TF told me privately. At the time, he was actually chuckling at the idea, but he hit on something that struck a chord with me.

What I can do is write the darn story, but that's about all. What I need others to do is everything else that I mentioned earlier - especially find/choose a vehicle (platform) and draft a game shell that we can fit the story into.

Back to the story; At some point, I would need to write a draft that is constructed similarly to a screenplay (a story converted for production into a motion picture with cues added for direction, effects, props, background music, i. e. everything aural and visual). Someone else needs to take ownership of the vehicle and shell part. I repeat... I am just a writer. Mainly... Hee-hee...

So, I will need a few days to draft the abstract. Until finished, not much more I can add...