Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post subject: Re: Forum mini-game: guess an RPG game by a screenshot!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:59 am 
Site Admin

These are quite tough... I know I've played #3 before, but I can't remember what game it was.... Wait! Was it Chrono Cross?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:10 am 
Site Admin

Master Chen wrote:
This is the very first "multi-game" based screenshot in this thread, so I tried not to make it very hard for any of you.

Enjoy your time while trying to guess all the titles on that screenshot.

Note: if one particular member guesses ALL games before anyone else - that member gets 25 points, if one member guesses 3 games simultaneously - that member gets 5 points.
Also, members get their points accumulated and gained only after ALL games will be answered correctly or after right answers will be opened by original poster due to deadline time (two months) date expiration.

Also, after all games in the multi-game screenshot will be answered correctly, ANY MEMBER CAN POST NEW SCREENSHOT.
Just remember to not post a new screenshot if you see that someone posted their's before you and that particular game (or all games, if it's a multi-game screenshot) still weren't answered correctly.
Well, I'm not sure of the answers, but I did get fixated on the animated picture of Lina. Next thing I knew, I couldn't concentrate on your game graphics any more. I had to get up and go find something to eat!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:54 am 

№2 = Madou Monogatari I (Sega Genesis)
Cute game.

Buehehehe xdd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:06 am 

The first one looks kind of like Zelda 2: The Adventures of Link

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:31 pm 

It's Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes.

Aeon Genesis ~ Guns guns guns! Yar ho hee har har!

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:27 pm 

Master Chen wrote:
You've waited THAT long to post this just to mock me? %)), or did you just found this out by yourself only recently?

Nah, I only just saw this thread. I don't usually look at this particular subforum.

Aeon Genesis ~ Guns guns guns! Yar ho hee har har!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:20 pm 
The second looks like Little Princess 2 for PSX.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:53 pm 
Site Admin

Very odd... The last one looks like it's using the Xenogears font, but I'm pretty sure it's not from that game (correct me if I'm wrong here...)

Edit: it MUST be from Xenogears... Nothing related to that game gets past me ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:21 am 
Ok, I guess it's japanese name is something like this: Little Princess: Marl Ōkoku no Ningyō Hime 2
And it's for Playstation.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:52 am 
Master Chen wrote:
Yes, this time you named it right.

It is "Little Princess: Marl Oukoku No Ningyou Hime 2", the second game in "Marl Kingdom" series.

The first game was "Marl Oukoku No Ningyou Hime" ("マール王国の人形姫", which means "Puppet Princess from Marl Kingdom" exactly) a.k.a. "Rhapsody - A Musical Adventure" in US.

There are 3 games in total, first two games are for PSOne (And NDS), third is for PS 2. "Marl Kingdom" series is a direct prequel to "La Puccele Tactics" game, thus, has connections with almost every game in Nippon Ichi Universe.

Because first game in series was called "Marl Oukoku No Ningyou Hime", and not "Little Princess", there ain't any games in the series called "Little Princess 2".
"Marl Oukoku No Ningyou Hime 2" goes as "Puppet Princess from Marl Kingdom 2: Little Princess" because it's a direct sequel where you don't experience the story of the main characters from previous game, but their children instead.
Thus, it is absolutely not possible for the "Little Princess" to be "Little Princess 2", since there was no titles in series with such a name besides "Little Princess: Marl Oukoku No Ningyou Hime 2", neither previously nor further.

See?

Well, actually the right order of pronouncing this is: "Marl Oukoku No Ningyou Hime 2: Little Princess", but since GameFAQs database relies on order "Little Princess: Marl Oukoku No Ningyou Hime 2", I decided to keep that one.
Even though I don't like it...

You may think that I'm mocking you or something, but it's really ain't so.
I just try to make everything comfortable for everyone as much as possible, and if everyone will start naming titles without any second thought or making sure by checking additional info or such...
I like the things to be in rightful order, it makes everything a lot easier. So it's better to type full correct names of the titles you are thinking about when you see something familiar on a screenshot.

Results so far:
--------
№1 = ??????? ??????.
№2 = Little Princess: Marl Oukoku No Ningyou Hime 2 (Lalakoboldslayer).
№3 = ??????? ?????????.
№4 = XENOGEARS (Draken).
--------

Chill out, this is a game after all. You shouldn't get so worked up because of it.

Last edited by Lalakoboldslayer on Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next