Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: SNES mini help, please
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:34 pm 

I got one yesterday and I want to add more games (that I own) like Chrono Trigger, FF2, DKC 2, Illusion of Gaia, Soulblazer etc. as I am kind of OCD about having backups of my game saves (in a way that is doable for me) as much as possible but I do not understand the hakchi instructions. I keep getting one error in particular, "nes mini not found, sorry" even though I clearly stated to hakchi, upon opening that I am using the USA version of the snes. I have tried 3 versions of hakchi to no avail. One version in particular seemed to have a lot going on, that I did not understand, in the command prompt but nada when plugged into the TV. I tried two different HDMI cables (though I do not think that is the issue) but still getting the same error. I can add the games on hakchi on my computer but when I sync it asks me for a kernal before, again, saying " "nes mini not found, sorry" --ugh!

So if anyone has any solid guides, IN LAYMENS TERMS (like an idiots guide, ha) I would absolutely love it, please as many of the guides are like "blah blah blah"/complicated stuff, etc. Or a solid youtube video failing that.

Post subject: Re: SNES mini help, please
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:31 am 
Site Admin

Have you watched any of the youtube tutorials? I don't have a SNES Mini, so I'm not sure if I can be of any real help.

Post subject: Re: SNES mini help, please (.srm files)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:30 pm 

Yes, I finally got it to work (likely the issue was the usb cable). The only other thing I am wondering about it getting my .srm files to work, any ideas? Maybe a good youtube video that clearly explains the process in simple terms? The few I watched were ....uhhh...Yah, any way, thanks!