Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 419 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Post subject: Re: What games are you currently playing
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:47 pm 
Site Admin

I finished Uncharted 4 a couple weeks ago after playing the series (1-3) again first. Had a bit of trouble trying to find time to play so it took a while. Definitely a must play game if you like the series and gives the series a proper ending. I will not spoil that ending though.

After that, I just finished Resident Evil VII today. Short but IMO the best game since 3. Though, I'd still prefer if they brought back the original Zombies from the original games and changed back to Third Person View. I just tend to prefer Third person over first person. But I understand them wanting to ride the coattails of FPS success to reestablish the franchise. It was nice going back to a more puzzle oriented Resident Evil either way. And I hope they keep at least that up with 8+.

I did get a day one copy of Final Fantasy XV for $30 new a couple weeks ago, but have yet to even do more than put it in to let it update. Didn't even start it. Maybe I'll get around to playing that next, or one of the many on the pile I have been putting off all this time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

Just got my copy of Persona 5 in the mail and will be firing that up later tonight :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:35 pm 
Site Admin

Hope it's everything you're looking for. Impressions seem positive.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:46 pm 
Site Admin

So far, I'd say it hasn't been remotely as good as 3 and 4 (in the same amount of time played), but I knew going in that the plot sounded weaker than those two. However, it is just starting to improve some as I'm now a few hours in. The reviews were what convinced me to go ahead and buy it even after I heard the new voice for Igor that I totally hate :) The Japanese voice actor died so they replaced the US actor too. And the graphics update definitely hurts my playability more than helps it. But that is just my bad eyesight talking.

Spoiler! :
His voice changing has something to do with the plot later in the game

Now if only I felt like playing it for more than 1-2 hours at a stretch. But then that is all I can stand to play any game these days. Can't sit for long periods without pain like I used to.

Edit: After a couple more hours the plot is now picking up and has much improved, some of the changes from the previous games are hit and miss but it is becoming quite enjoyable.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:59 pm 

I'm into a snes rpg marathon frenzy these days. Just finished Magna Bravan about an hour ago. A neat little jrpg with a light-hearted and humorous story. I was expecting a far worse game than it currently is. It's a pity the random encounter rate is so high and battles are played automatically with very little interaction on the player's behalf.

A much more enjoyable experience than the previous game I've played, Ancient Magic Bazoo.

Now I'm considering playing Silva Saga II next.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:39 am 
Site Admin

@Taskforce: I think I've said it before, but Persona is one of those series that I've always wanted to start playing, but I have yet to get around to it. I'm pretty sure I'll need to read a FAQ just to understand all the different games (Golden Abyss, Arena, Arena Ultimax, etc)... I wouldn't even know where to begin. I'll get to them eventually I suppose.

These days, I've just been playing G.O.D. and Okami HD on my old, fat PS3. I redid the thermal paste and pads inside, but the beast still gets pretty hot, so I don't keep her on for too long.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:36 pm 
Site Admin

Did Bongo` get the font issue fixed in G.O.D.?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:50 am 
Site Admin

Yep, no problem! He's also said he'll have some details for you soon about the handful of icons that font needs.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:30 am 

shining force 3 in spanish patched.

http://sf3proyecto.blogspot.com.ar/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:52 am 

An awesome NES rpg called - Chaos World, man this game was so ahead for it's time, 14 recruitable characters that you could use as you wish, 7 classes, male/female variations of each class, adventurer's guild with guild jobs/quests, a day and night system that affects the length of time of guild jobs/quests, a pretty big game though not quite as big as 'Dragon Quest 2' thank god. Nice music, nice graphics considering it's a NES game. My ONLY issue with it is the game's battles are automated, you just select a party formation and the game does the fight itself.. :( I would have liked to have had more control over the fights but hey-ho! it's STILL a great game.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 419 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next